What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Think I’m in love

View attachment 153132

Shame there’s no Destruction Jackpot champ in the score table, got 4x 42m and had 2x running
Cracking score.

There are many sub-awards I think are missing from the high score table which are likely to be added in later updates

Destruction jackpot
Loops
Fighters destroyed
Secondary battles

Is there anyone with an LE near SE London who would be happy to let someone play for an hour?

We’re considering a Premium, but want to check it plays like the Pro (and to play one that’s setup correctly, although we’ll get to do that at the tournament).

64 games so far still no extra balls, although I did almost finish Fighter Attack which would have awarded one.
I've only managed to start Tank attack once, and yet to unlock 2nd tier battles. Must try harder.

Definitely has a just one more go appeal to it. It's both frustrating and exhilarating and very rewarding when it all comes together on a good game.

On my pro, fast balls through the building aren't always getting caught by the magnet on the way back out, which is annoying if it's a locked ball and you drain, could do with a ball save for that. How's the catch rate on other pro's?

64 games so far still no extra balls, although I did almost finish Fighter Attack which would have awarded one.
I've only managed to start Tank attack once, and yet to unlock 2nd tier battles. Must try harder.

Definitely has a just one more go appeal to it. It's both frustrating and exhilarating and very rewarding when it all comes together on a good game.

On my pro, fast balls through the building aren't always getting caught by the magnet on the way back out, which is annoying if it's a locked ball and you drain, could do with a ball save for that. How's the catch rate on other pro's?
Extra ball is hidden in the jets? (that's what I've read anyway)

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for theirs to be delivered.? Keep phonong Hadfields and they say not booked on a delivery yet even though when phoned Tues they said it would be Thurs. Seems like everyone else has got theirs except me. Know I'm not in the middle of the country but would have thought they could give me a date at the very least!

I've managed one extra ball, from 10 jet fighters. There doesn't seem to be another way (yet) of achieving one, plus I can't find an extra ball insert suggesting they'll all be awarded, rather than light extra ball.
Also I find the ball save light to be too dim and not really noticeable when lit as it blends in to the artwork - I might consider putting a filter on.
Extra ball %ge is 25%, factory default, but it doesn't seem to be lowering the number of fighters required.

Tank attack really needs focusing on, I tend not to hit those shots by accident.

I've not really had a problem with the ball not being influenced by the magnet from a shot through the building, doesn't all grab but enough to not send it SDTM. Shot to the left of the building which returns through the building is often a SDTM though.

Have also sussed out how to light the bridge attack at the captive ball (any 50 switches).
Have learnt quite a few things from the first exploratory session and a quick glance at the rules - will be sharing them on stream tonight, and hopeful that could hit a billion.

One thing different pro / LE is the pro has a tournament button LOL

V0.81.0 - November 17th, 2021
=============================
- Stability - fixed an issue where the game would occasionally crash when hitting a Skill Shot or returning to the Mainplay background
- Saucer Attack - added an Extra Ball by destroying 3 Flying Saucers
- Saucer Attack Multiball - added this new mode which lights at the pop bumper by destroying 5 Flying Saucers
- Bridge Attack - adding new display effect of Godzilla attacking the Bridge
- Bridge Attack Multiball - adding new display effects for Intro, Jackpots, and Super Jackpot
- Jet Fighter Attack - keep GI on during intro light show to improve visibility
- Jet Fighter Attack - fixed an issue where Jet Fighter Hurry Ups were resetting to 2X the reset value during Rodan playfield multiplier causing the awards to be multiplied twice
- Advance Train - can now be lit by shooting the Scoop
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer resetting the Jackpot Value on a ball drain by default (can be changed still in adjustments)
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer lit by completing multiballs
- Destruction Jackpot - no longer a 1X increment on Destruction Jackpot collect
- Destruction Jackpot - 5% of the awards in following modes adds to Jackpot Value: Kaiju Battles, Tesla Strike, Tank Attack Multiball, Bridge Attack Multiball, Monster Rampage, and Jet Fighter Attack
- Destruction Jackpot - 3% of the awards in following modes adds to Jackpot Value: Godzilla Multiball and Mechagodzilla Multiball
- Destruction Jackpot - completing City Objectives (Tanks, Raid, Bridge, Power) will light Destruction Jackpot at Building and boost Jackpot Value by 1M permanently
- Destruction Jackpot - Jackpot Value base is now 5M
- Destruction Jackpot - advancing to a new City collects and resets Destruction Jackpot to it's base value and increments the Destruction Jackpot Multiplier by 1X
- Destruction Jackpot - fixed an issue where Destruction Jackpot Value increment was including the playfield multiplier into calculation causing awards to be multiplied twice
- Godzilla Magnet - now using high and low magnet grab parameters based on the importance of catching the shot
- Magna Grab - fixed an issue where aborting from pressing both flippers would not multiply the loops by 2X
- Godzilla Multiball - improved the background videos that are shown during this mode to give more variety
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue where Final Chance timedown + Anguirus Add-A-Ball use was not restarting the mode properly
- Tank Attack Multiball - adding "Tank Attack Multiball Is Lit" display effect when the Scoop becomes lit
- Godzilla vs. Titanosaurus - fixed an issue where the Maser Cannon shot was not lighting up properly
- Monster Rampage - increased increment after each Jackpot from 1M to 1.25M
- Allies - added a new video when Anguirus is awarded at the Scoop that is different from the one that is displayed when Add-A-Ball is used
- Shoot Again - changed video to be Jet Jaguar / Godzilla themed
- Extra Ball - fixed an issue where sound would sometimes cut out on Extra Ball display effect sounds
- Extra Ball - fixed an issue where the display effects sounds would not get stopped at the same time as the video
- City Backgrounds - updated city graphics and added icons and text for the status of each City Objective (Tanks, Raid, Bridge, Power)
- City Backgrounds - added panning and zooming for New York, London, and Paris
- City Backgrounds - fixed an issue where the background would have a graphical glitch with at dark black area in the center of the city
- City Inserts - changed how the New York, London, Paris, Tokyo inserts are lit
- City Inserts - City insert is pulsing when Tier1 Battle won (Godzilla controls City)
- City Inserts - City insert is blinking when it's the current City
- City Inserts - City insert is lit when the Tier1 Battle was lost (Monster controls City)
- City Inserts - City insert is off when the City is not started yet
- Kaiju Battles - added "Battle Is Lit" display effect when Scoop becomes lit
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles are now locked into the City you chose them in
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles can now be progressed to "light ally" to unlock the Tier2 modes
- Battle Select - Selecting a Tier2 Battle before completing a Tier1 will surrender the city to the monster who controls it
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles that are controlled by Godzilla are marked with a Godzilla Footprint Icon and are no longer selectable
- Battle Select - Tier1 Battles that are controlled by a Monster show the text of what city that Monster controls and are no longer selectable
- Battle Select - when only one selection is available the screen will "Auto Select" the choice for you
- Battle Select - fixing an issue where you could lock in a Battle before the choices appear
- Battle Select - fixing an issue where Godzilla vs. Ebirah would still report 3/4 after having completed the mode
- City Select - improved background graphics and changed text layout and animations
- City Select - now awards a City Bonus when entering a new City
- City Select - add flipper timer increment so it doesn't timeout unless you are not selecting
- City Combos - added unique City Combos to each of the four cities
- End of Ball Bonus - improved light show
- High Score To Date - added Loop Champion to attract mode loop
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game

- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- Shaker Motor - adding more shaker motor effects synced with many of the display effects
- Score Frame - fixing an issue with "FREE PLAY" text in other languages not scaling properly
- Attract Mode - adding Tutorial videos to the attract mode loop

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "UPPER LEFT FLIPPER POWER" default from 160 to 168, max is now 185
- changed "LOOP CHAMPION" default from 5 to 3, min is now 2
- changed "DESTRUCTION JACKPOT BASE SCORE" default from 3.5M to 5M
- changed "DEST. JACKPOT RESET ON DRAIN" default from YES to NO
- removed "DEST. JACKPOT BUILD PERCENT" see above notes for modes / percentages that contribute to Destruction Jackpot

- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

Looks like it's a biggy
Those bits in yellow, I was definitely expecting or hoping for, LOTS of new stuff to discover.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me. Does Phil have these in stock? Can I part with Jurassic park?
I think they've all gone - You snooze, you lose.

It was a tough decision for me to part with JP, but so far, happy I did.

I think they've all gone - You snooze, you lose.

It was a tough decision for me to part with JP, but so far, happy I did.

Ah well, not super ar5ed tbh, was half tempted for Christmas maybe but more than happy to catch some T-rex's instead

Have been enjoying reading about this over the past couple of days - living vicariously through the NIB buyers:)
Think I'm gonna have to get my **** down to Flipout or Funland on Saturday to play some more. Enjoy guys!

Oh the new code seems to really focus on finishing a city fully by the looks either that or it seems you could change cities to score a lot!

So it seems for every thing you finish in a city you build X to a max of 5x!

I only played mine briefly, late last night (before it started a slow as hell code update at 10:30pm), but it was the most immediate 'fun' I've had with a NIB. Normally it takes me a while to get to know the shots, but this is just so much fun with a fantastic spread of shots and toys. I have no particular knowledge of Godzilla, but it seems so goofy that I love it as a Pinball machine - has everything. I need to fix the flipper issue, and maybe jack it up beyond the 6.8 pitch I started with. What a pin!!

Thoughts from a rubbish player. TLDR - it’s still really fun even if you’re crap!

Went to Tilt today to play their LE, first, it looks amazing, not just the cabinet art but the playfield with all the toys. I found mecha mb fairly easy to start, interested to see if the barrier targets are harder on the pro with their no rotation. Also pretty funny when the ball hits mechagodzillas right arm and flies onto the rail, not really sure that’s a design feature but enjoyable anyway!
Building collapse and mb of course is also great fun to watch.

The bridge made less of an impact on me than I expected but maybe I just didn’t focus it enough or it needed more sound, not sure.

That shot that’s not a shot to the left of the building that then comes out the building is brutal at high speed. I also cursed the pop bumper a few times 😆
Ramp shots, loop… ok pretty much all the shots feel great, right ramp is easier than left. Love how the building diverts the ball if it’s on a different level.

I probably miss a fair bit of the humour from the film clips when playing alone as I can’t look at the screen too much when playing yet.

I’m not very good at dissecting each bit individually but basically it’s just great fun. I did get a bit frustrated at one point as I got 90m early on then had several games not breaking that, so went to play monster bash for a bit to ease my frustration, but then I wanted to have another game on Godzilla! I was feeling ok about a 100m game I had (I did say I was rubbish) until Kirk stepped up and got over a billion lol

I struggle to see how anyone playing this for the first time will not really like or love it, no matter your ability there’s something for everyone to do and something that’s achievable even if you only focus on that one thing.

Looking forward to playing the pro at Electric Circus to see the differences

Seems I’ve been playing on the shipped pro code (0.76?) as I’d downloaded 0.80 but hadn’t installed it :rolleyes:. Noticeable difference with the latest code is the Godzilla multiball virtual locks have gone. Once you light Godzilla multiball it only takes one shot to start it. I’m guessing that was already the case with 0.80?
Seems a shame as I liked the ball lock footage but now only for LE/Premium. Maybe they did that because of the magnet problems?

Last edited:
Spent time on Wayne's pro last evening. Beautiful game and it flows lovely with great shots. Software seems to be heading in the right connection and the insider connect is great (but not for code updates, Stern, an incremental update without the assets would be great). The big letdown for me is the sound. Way too repetitive in general.
Overall, I probably won't buy as I think there will be a load offloaded come the next title. Will wait for Mr Bond.

Back
Top Bottom