What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Question for new owners, what do you think of the reverse loop through the building shot? where you hit the ball up the the right side of the magnagrab and it exits the building through its entrance and goes SDTM? The shot doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell, there isn't even an insert for it. To me, it seems an odd design choice, leaving it like that. ( how dare I question the new kings design! ).

Last edited:
Hey all. What software are you guys running?
My LE is on 0.78 - trying to update to 0.80 but game is saying UP TO DATE?

Hey all. What software are you guys running?
My LE is on 0.78 - trying to update to 0.80 but game is saying UP TO DATE?
I'm running 0.80 on my Pro. Updated via WiFi and game picked up that it was needed.

You can always go old school and download from the Stern website

Anyone have anything loose in the bottom
Of their box? These nuts were in. The bottom of the box..View attachment 153071
I had one of the thumbscrews (?) which is from the coindoor loose in the box, outside of the machine, when I unpacked.

I also had the coin box unattached and presumably bouncing against mechs in transit, fortunately no signs of damage - the clip I found in the bottom of the cabinet.

Have also had a small black screw appear near the top of the playfield - it looks like the ones holding the plastic for the building, but I can't find a gap. As I was in the middle of a great game I carried on playing, and now i can't find it!
Can't currently lift the playfield fully due to @strobey 's rig still in place ready for part 2 of the "Learning the rules to GZ" stream tomorrow night at 18:59 , no doubt it'll appear somewhere at some time.

Thx @Dave Bishop for a great afternoon playing Godzilla, I was very impressed with the whole package, toys were fun, metal ramps cool, and call outs / music relevant to game. Be very interesting to now play the pro at Flipout. Looking forward to seeing how good the gameplay over time is and the code

I can't image there will be too many negative comments about this game once people play it. I'm sure that most will enjoy it immensely.

I can only think of a handful of pins that I've been this impressed with after my first game.

Every game has something that stops it being perfect but this has less than most. In fact the only thing I'd remotely criticise is that fast loop that goes SDTM but as I say . . . . every game has at least one shot that's a pain in the @r$e.

I can't wait to play this game again. Anyone who's got one will be delighted and I can't see too many appearing on the 2nd hand market.

I can't image there will be too many negative comments about this game once people play it. I'm sure that most will enjoy it immensely.

I can only think of a handful of pins that I've been this impressed with after my first game.

Every game has something that stops it being perfect but this has less than most. In fact the only thing I'd remotely criticise is that fast loop that goes SDTM but as I say . . . . every game has at least one shot that's a pain in the @r$e.

I can't wait to play this game again. Anyone who's got one will be delighted and I can't see too many appearing on the 2nd hand market.
Yes. That was also my take on it. I’ve played a Pro on two separate occasions and was seriously impressed, and I’m typically not impressed by modern Sterns.

Unfortunate about the 2nd hand market (obviously).

Loving the rules on this game so far. Handy rulesheet here:

the next day I turned the game on and it downloaded it but I think you need to have the game registered before it will do online code updates.

My left flipper doesn’t go as high as the right - I assume this is not right. Best I can tell underneath is that the flipper mech is fouling on a screw. Pain in the butt.

Please add me to your protector run Col.

I had a few little niggles on my LE - spinner by Mechazilla was hanging off, speaker panel lock latch was bent and therefore hanging open when I lifted the back box. Also the feature button on the lockdown bar sticks (need to sort that). None of these are a big issue just - think mine had a bump or two in transit.

Only managed a handful of games, and it's my first modern pin, so I need to have a good stint at working out settings etc. Also need to get insider working.

Loving the smell of a new pin - I know that's weird but that's how I roll!

They really are very attractive machines.

Please add me to your protector run Col.

I had a few little niggles on my LE - spinner by Mechazilla was hanging off, speaker panel lock latch was bent and therefore hanging open when I lifted the back box. Also the feature button on the lockdown bar sticks (need to sort that). None of these are a big issue just - think mine had a bump or two in transit.

Only managed a handful of games, and it's my first modern pin, so I need to have a good stint at working out settings etc. Also need to get insider working.

Loving the smell of a new pin - I know that's weird but that's how I roll!

They really are very attractive machines.
I’m gutted - I had covid over the past couple of weeks and lost my smell so I didn’t get the full new in box experience!!

I too had a good sniff of the NIB playfield when I took the glass off. 😂

Over on Pinside a few people have playfield wear already, identifying the balls are getting dings and scratching the playfield up.

One spot is the ball guides at the back left- just under the Subway building

nboost uses the crap balls that come with the game though surely? !

I too had a good sniff of the NIB playfield when I took the glass off. 😂

Over on Pinside a few people have playfield wear already, identifying the balls are getting dings and scratching the playfield up.

One spot is the ball guides at the back left- just under the Subway building
It smells like that coz the clearcoat hasn’t dried yet lol 😂

Back
Top Bottom