What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Just watched the movie, as everyone else said, amazing!. Huge smile on our faces when the theme played. Came out of that straight into wonka which was also surprisingly good.

Watched Godzilla Minus One last night, thoroughly enjoyable nice simple film, even Stacy enjoyed it. Loved hearing the original theme tune and every time trains, tanks or Godzillas heat ray was featured we had a little grin and it made us want a quick flip 😂

It’s taken me a year but tonight off 1 ball I got here , then 3 later here

2 monsters and 2 city’s
Tank, bridge and building multiball, Rampage and Monster Zero. Lined up for mecha but ran out of mental steam

And it felt perhaps even with wayne’s fans that i got my first flipper fade ??

So happy to be in the billionaires club 🤩

Attachments

• IMG_5540.jpeg
    IMG_5540.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5541.jpeg
    IMG_5541.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Quick question regarding my flipper alignment, when they are 'flaccid' they are aligned perfectly, but when 'erect' the left one doesn't rise as high? I can make all the shots no problem, I only noticed it as the left is a little more difficult to cradle.

I assume they should be a mirror of each other when raised?

IMG_20240101_183709~2.jpg

IMG_20240101_183729.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question regarding my flipper alignment, when they are 'flaccid' they are aligned perfectly, but when 'erect' the left one doesn't rise as high? I can make all the shots no problem, I only noticed it as the left is a little more difficult to cradle.

View attachment 240766View attachment 240767
I had this on RS this evening - having just replaced both coil stops…?

I had this on RS this evening - having just replaced both coil stops…?

I totally rebuilt both flippers on WCS and I had this issue. Turned out one of the flipper base plates had slightly different dimensions, I put the old plate back (it had a stripped hole but I hacked it) and they were perfect again.
Concerning that repro parts have different dimensions 🙈

I totally rebuilt both flippers on WCS and I had this issue. Turned out one of the flipper base plates had slightly different dimensions, I put the old plate back (it had a stripped hole but I hacked it) and they were perfect again.
Concerning that repro parts have different dimensions 🙈
hmmm... ok.

I was [previously] sure they were all the same!

Depends if you've replaced just one. I'm not saying it's the same issue for you, but that I had a similar issue which surprised me.
I may have only replaced one, but convinced myself I’ve done both (actually all 4). The more I think back - I probably haven’t! It’s been so long…. But she’s finally playable! 🍾

View attachment 240766

View attachment 240767
New coil stops arrived so lifted the playfield. Apart from the 'nubs' having a bit of play in them they looked OK, but replaced them anyway...still the same issue. I could also see the EOS switch was only just being opened compared to the other one.

Potentially the plungers are slightly different lengths, but I thought the easiest was to lengthen the plunger stroke was to file the coil stop down a bit. Looking much better now but is that an acceptable solution?

Despite me being ultra careful with screws/washers I managed to drop and lose 3 of them. One hid itself behind the shaker's casing, one stuck to the bass speaker and after an hour of searching for the washer that goes on the coil stop, I finally realised I'd put 2 on the right flipper 😣. A 15 minute job took over 3 hours.

I also found a bulb in the back of the cab, no idea where that is from. *Found where it goes now, one of the three under the sling was missing, no idea how that came out.

Last edited:
New coil stops arrived so lifted the playfield. Apart from the 'nubs' having a bit of play in them they looked OK, but replaced them anyway...still the same issue. I could also see the EOS switch was only just being opened compared to the other one.

Potentially the plungers are slightly different lengths, but I thought the easiest was to lengthen the plunger stroke was to file the coil stop down a bit. Looking much better now but is that an acceptable solution?

Despite me being ultra careful with screws/washers I managed to drop and lose 3 of them. One hid itself behind the shaker's casing, one stuck to the bass speaker and after an hour of searching for the washer that goes on the coil stop, I finally realised I'd put 2 on the right flipper 😣. A 15 minute job took over 3 hours.

I also found a bulb in the back of the cab, no idea where that is from. *Found where it goes now, one of the three under the sling was missing, no idea how that came out.
You’ve masked the issue but not strictly resolved it unless coil stops were different lengths. I’ve seen the eos actuator get stuck on top of the eos switch before which limited the flipper movement. I’ve also seen the eos actuator come in contact with a screw underneath which again limited the flipper movement.

You’ve masked the issue but not strictly resolved it unless coil stops were different lengths. I’ve seen the eos actuator get stuck on top of the eos switch before which limited the flipper movement. I’ve also seen the eos actuator come in contact with a screw underneath which again limited the flipper movement.
The coil stops were the same length, and the plunger measured the same length as far as I could tell without taking it out completely.

I can't see anything unusual with it so will just play it now.

Does anyone use their chin (or other bodily item) to press the 'charge heat ray' button? I never have a free hand to hold it down long enough.
That’s a +1 for the chin manoeuvre 😂

Or get the kids to push it for me if they are close.

Has anyone put Pinmonk fans in their Godzilla, was it worth it?

Did you do all 3 flippers or just the 2 main ones?
I've got some fans (Wayne's) on mine, definitely think it's worth it for these longer-playing Stern games. Are you struggling to make ramps after playing for 30-40 min with lots of multiballs?

Don't think it's necessary on the 3rd flipper though.

Back
Top Bottom