What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Got the GZ topper yesterday..
I’m not sure on the green Godzilla, it’s the same one that’s in the game..
bought a Ban Dai one a few years back, and it looks to be the same mould, just painted different.

Grey one I think goes better with the screen video clips

What’d ya all think? image.jpg
image.jpg

Got the GZ topper yesterday..
I’m not sure on the green Godzilla, it’s the same one that’s in the game..
bought a Ban Dai one a few years back, and it looks to be the same mould, just painted different.

Grey one I think goes better with the screen video clips

What’d ya all think? View attachment 234371
View attachment 234372
Where do you get your toppers from? I am thinking of getting one to work on an Atomic Godzilla fitment kit for it.

Personally I like the Godzilla to match the artwork but I’m obviously biased at this stage!

Where do you get your toppers from? I am thinking of getting one to work on an Atomic Godzilla fitment kit for it.

Personally I like the Godzilla to match the artwork but I’m obviously biased at this stage!
Got mine from @Atlantis.. not sure if he has any left.
They are supposedly now delayed until Jan 2024..

Yes one left and 2 James bonds coming in, still have a mando, stranger things, turtles, and a few other toppers in stock but I'm heading away to expo so would have to be after that

Ok, last few games have had me choosing my path and navigating the game more fully. I have some questions and prob need it simplifying out a bit please

Rampage - What am i meant to be aiming for - Is there a set schedule or light guide ?

Monster - the ball drain lights were flashing for quite a while whilst on this - again i guess i follow the promoted lighted targets and finally it asked me to get the ball somewhere for it to end ? when i drained this time it was game over

There is another mode where it gets you to follow the yellow light and then how many balls you have on the building when you finally drain it gives you multiball and then after that you carry on with your game

thanks

Ok, last few games have had me choosing my path and navigating the game more fully. I have some questions and prob need it simplifying out a bit please

Rampage - What am i meant to be aiming for - Is there a set schedule or light guide ?

Monster - the ball drain lights were flashing for quite a while whilst on this - again i guess i follow the promoted lighted targets and finally it asked me to get the ball somewhere for it to end ? when i drained this time it was game over

There is another mode where it gets you to follow the yellow light and then how many balls you have on the building when you finally drain it gives you multiball and then after that you carry on with your game

thanks
Rampage
Once it starts (from a number of hits under the upper flipper) the left ramp will be lit for a time, then moves across the playfield left to right. If you make 15 shots you get an extra ball.
The first time you play Rampage the ball save lasts for a long time (when the light reaches the upper spinner) subsequent plays of Rampage have a shorter ball save.
Shots made during Rampage carry over.

Monster has similarities with Gappa Angry on EHOH.
Once qualified you start it by shooting the building. Then you have to shoot the lit shots to relight the lock at the building. BUT once the lock is lit you don't have to shoot it straightaway. You can shoot all of the other shots to increase the jackpot for a period.
Once you have locked the ball another ball is plunged and you repeat, just with more shots to requalify the lock.

There is a lengthy ball save at the start of the mode.

If you manage to qualify and lock the ball 3 times you'll get a 4 ball mb, where the aim is to hit lit shots to qualify SJP by shooting backwards through the building.
If you drain at any point before locking all 3 balls, you'll only get a mb based in the number of balls you actually locked.

@Fubar requested this on another thread. Godzilla Prem bought NIB in January 2022 (so, a year old) and it hasn't left the house. I've now got purchased official side armour (not yet fitted yet) to halt the damage.

Godzilla side art.jpgtempImagerAu5pY.png

Last edited:
@Fubar requested this on another thread. Godzilla Prem bought NIB in January 2022 (so, a year old) and it hasn't left the house. I've now got purchased official sidebars (not yet fitted yet) to halt the damage.
Thanks for the pics - I had wrongly assumed that the wear damage was to the playfield which was very surprising. This kind of wear around the buttons is relatively common though. I have the side armor on mine and it looks great 👍

This kind of wear around the buttons is relatively common though. I have the side armor on mine and it looks great 👍
Yes. I'm planning to take the machine out of commission temporarily to get the legs/official side armour/lockdown bar powder coated before putting the new side armour on. But it's in a queue for powder coating behind my Alien Poker restoration, which hasn't happened yet.

I didn't know how common it was to have wear around the buttons. It certainly hasn't only had 200 plays - let's put it that way...

Question on Godzilla. I am aware the left ramp is a lot harder to hit, but wondering if this is normal the gap between the two metal pieces. for the Ramp up [pic of the top left ramp]

Attachments

• IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 45
Question on Godzilla. I am aware the left ramp is a lot harder to hit, but wondering if this is normal the gap between the two metal pieces. for the Ramp up [pic of the top left ramp]
Pretty sure that looks correct, I will drop you a PM later as I have a tonne of images on my phone from that area from more than one Godzilla.

Getting rid of that hideous Godzilla figure (replace it with the Atomic Godzilla) helps make the shot easier, looking at that thing, can put you right off 😂

Last edited:
Pretty sure that looks correct, I will drop you a PM later as I have a tonne of images on my phone from that area from more than one Godzilla.

Getting rid of that hideous Godzilla figure (replace it with the Atomic Godzilla)
helps make the shot easier, looking at that thing is can put you right off 😂
Cheers buddy.
Yeah, i am on the waiting list for the Atomic Godzilla,

You can make the left ramp a little easier to hit by moving the right hand side guide in towards the captive ball magnet making the lane a little wider.

For anyone interested in the theme, Godzilla Minus One is on widespread release and is doubtless among the best action films this year, combining monster action with heartfelt human melodrama.

I walked out wondering where Hollywood was going wrong…

B759C868-4AA1-4A08-9821-1648F769F4B4.jpeg

For anyone interested in the theme, Godzilla Minus One is on widespread release and is doubtless among the best action films this year, combining monster action with heartfelt human melodrama.

View attachment 239908
Though not a genre I'd usually go for, that film's been getting great reviews. Is it Japanese language, English subtitled?

really struggle with subtitle films, end up missing half of whats going on whilst reading the subtitles but will give this one a go.

Im guessing the monsters dont have much to say so wont miss the action :)

View attachment 239908

As a life long Godzilla fan, I disagree...

Hollywood is doing a lot right at the moment with legendary's pictures monsterverse franchise which now includes the tv series on apple.

And its creating a massive fan base which has blew Toho's audience base right up there, Godzilla Minus One only had a small release schedule but it did so well in the US they made it a national release.

Securing a sequel pretty much

I went to see it in the Chinese Theatre in LA! What an experience!

tempImage4Qr4uV.jpg

Didn’t enjoy it?
It’s not a Hollywood movie. It’s a Toho movie with English subtitles.

Pretty incredible, actually, that I saw a mainstream screening on a Saturday evening in a local Cineworld and it was in Japanese with subtitles. Twenty years ago, you could only see foreign language films in art house cinemas, and I discovered almost by accident that there were a tonne of great films.

The story was incredible. There was a lot of great monster action, but the human story made the peril and every death matter - it wasn’t a ’silly’ or ‘light’ film, but it was a hopeful one.

@Tilt_Birmingham The interest in Godzilla is coming from the growing acceptance of anime, I think, not from the US Godzilla movies (which I think are terrible). People like me first saw Studio Ghibli films, for example, undubbed with subtitles so it doesn’t feel a *weird* thing. 90% of the good content on Netflix is now the non-Hollywood series/films (mostly South Korean and Japanese).

Back
Top Bottom