What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Was starting to get some retro throwback vibes for a bit. Image from the mini tease clip looked to be stainless legs and lock down bar.

But the from the above.capture you can see and make out the big telly on the black box.

Still hoping for a throwback pin with a new way lower price, after them seeing pulp fiction.

Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow.

Screenshot_20231019-005937.png

Ughhhh, thank the pinball gods for labyrinth... What on earth are they thinking with this? Shame my nans passed on this would of been a right bit of her. When are the manufacturers going to start appealing to the younger generation? Besides Foo Fighters and Labyrinth there's nothing new that interests me

Was starting to get some retro throwback vibes for a bit. Image from the mini tease clip looked to be stainless legs and lock down bar.

But the from the above.capture you can see and make out the big telly on the black box.

Still hoping for a throwback pin with a new way lower price, after them seeing pulp fiction.

Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow.

View attachment 235146

Looks like a big telly to me and an even bigger one than usual.

You can't fault JJP for having the confidence to double down on sh1te

Ughhhh, thank the pinball gods for labyrinth... What on earth are they thinking with this? Shame my nans passed on this would have been a right bit of her. When are the manufacturers going to start appealing to the younger generation? Besides Foo Fighters and Labyrinth there's nothing new that interests me

😂.. Labyrinth was released in 1986… I was 4yrs old..
Foo Fighters.. 1995..

Are we…the 40yr olds, the younger generation!?

By my calculation the games coming out to appeal to younger generation are things like Pokemon, Teletubbies, with music pins like SClub7, Justin Bieber,
😂

😂.. Labyrinth was released in 1986… I was 4yrs old..
Foo Fighters.. 1995..

Are we…the 40yr olds, the younger generation!?

By my calculation the games coming out to appeal to younger generation are things like Pokemon, Teletubbies, with music pins like SClub7, Justin Bieber,
😂

I've heard a rumour pokemon is around the corner.

Let's hope they keep the Bieber pin firmly in the ideas basket.

My 9yr old son heavily into Pokémon, walking to school on Tuesday…”Dad.. if a Pokemon Pinball came out, I would make you buy it. You like Pinball and I Like Pokémon”

I am hoping he grows out of it… but on taking him to a place that sells the cards… I see 30yr old men swapping cards with 8yr olds…

Creepy…

Back to Elton John

If they have “Saturday Night” & “Rocket Man”Multi-ball.. and “I'm still Standing” Wizard mode..

That would be cool

Ghetto Gospel….
Actually that was Tupac, think EJ stuck his neb in to get down with the kids 🙄
That was a track Eminem did after Tupac died was a sample from an old Elton song , that's one thing I do know and that's my 90's hip hop 💥

Elton's got a catalogue of great songs but not sure how many would play well on a Pinball machine.

Do JJP not have a market research department? If they did I doubt an Elton John pin would even be in the top 50 of most wanted themes.

You'll never please everyone with a theme but some of their choices have been terrible.

Elton's got a catalogue of great songs but not sure how many would play well on a Pinball machine.

Do JJP not have a market research department? If they did I doubt an Elton John pin would even be in the top 50 of most wanted themes.

You'll never please everyone with a theme but some of their choices have been terrible.
Slash wanted GF……… then told his mate EJ

I recently went to Elton John Farewell concert, it was a very mixed bag of people young and old, his music is pretty timeless and far more accessible to the masses than some other pin music themes. He also went down well at Glastonbury which is mostly a younger crowd.

Jersey Jack games are pretty packed, I Really enjoyed guns and roses, Toy story 4 is great, if you have actually played it, very well done and fun. Played for about an hour and would love one. The Bigger issue with Jersey Jack games of late isn't the quality of the game its the price. (outside of the early run Guns and Roses playfield issues) Toy story 4 is ridiculously expensive, which puts almost everyone off. Telling your mates you spent £15k on a kids film theme won't get you bragging rights :) and the wife might question her life choices.

Personally Jersey jack market is aimed at the more casual player,(with the exception of Godfather, where they got caught up with Slash obsession for one and made a mistake) who likes long games, lots of multi-balls and to feel there not being punished for not knowing the rule set. Pinball People love twilight Zone, which I currently have borrowed in my house, the wife and daughter have played it once, now if I had a Guns and roses in the house the wife would be on it all the time (Yes she has played it and enjoyed it) Going back to a well known music pin is probably a safe bet, Guns and roses sold a lot, if we looked at all the negativity around it you would have thought it had sold 2! Stranger things when it first came out sold very little.

I'm looking forward to it and not owning it ever, due to price :( (which is pretty much the same for stern premiums as well)

Death row pin
Oh Tony now you’re speaking my language mate. Commercially I think there are likely only a handful of Rappers/Hip Hop artists companies would take a chance on.

Eminem would have to be my top pick, not only as a fan would but his commercial success is unmatched. One of the all time biggest selling music artists and specifically in rap/hip hop he is the biggest selling artist of all time.

Rap/hip hop related the second and 3rd biggest selling artists numbers are around half that of Eminems so who to risk after him is a little tricky.

East Coast (Biggie) vs West Coast (Pac) could be interesting but then your likely getting pricey.

Beastie Boys would be a lot of fun but the commercial numbers are maybe just in the top 10 at best, certainly would be interesting to see pinball take on a new genre.

East Coast (Biggie) vs West Coast (Pac) could be interesting but then your likely getting pricey.

This would be so ridiculous I'd be on board. Get Puffy out of Biggie's videos, video mode. Hit em Up multiball where you take shots at Mobb Deep and Nas etc. Suge Knight lose some weight hurry up mode. Possibilities are endless

Oh Tony now you’re speaking my language mate. Commercially I think there are likely only a handful of Rappers/Hip Hop artists companies would take a chance on.

Eminem would have to be my top pick, not only as a fan would but his commercial success is unmatched. One of the all time biggest selling music artists and specifically in rap/hip hop he is the biggest selling artist of all time.

Rap/hip hop related the second and 3rd biggest selling artists numbers are around half that of Eminems so who to risk after him is a little tricky.

Beastie Boys would be a lot of fun but the commercial numbers are maybe just in the top 10 at best, certainly would be interesting to see pinball take on a new genre.
Would be amazing …
Some NWA, 8 mile and Boyz in the Hood homages too

I won't be getting one but there's plenty of choice and variation of themes at the moment.

Someone made a comment earlier in the thread about pinball not needing another music themed pin. But the same could be said for comic book or film pins too.

I suspect it will sell average numbers but might play better than some suspect.

But there's hardly a paucity of choice at the moment.

As far as I can see, anyone wanting a nib has a choice of Foo Fighters, Scooby, Halloween, Stranger Things, Elvira, Godfather, Lebowski, Tank Force, TNA, Valhalla, Toy Story, Alien, Fathom, Cactus, Pulp, Venom ... Etc.

I think it's a great time to bee in the hobby if you are in the market for nib. The fact that JJP have produced a game I'm not interested in is no big deal.

It might be a problem for JJP if they don't get their next title right though.

I don't want to see another music OR Marvel/Comic rubbish BUT, the big problem with JJP that they never seem to learn from (Except DI) is that people don't want constant multiballs. It makes the game boring. A multiball NEEDS to be earned.

GNR for example gives you multiball after multiball for doing nowt. It's relentless and could have been a great game but alas.

Apparently JJP passed on Beastie Boys 🥹🙈

Apparently JJP passed on Beastie Boys 🥹🙈
Wouldn’t surprise me if true but I also doubt JJP would have had the sense to look at that as a licence.

This would be so ridiculous I'd be on board. Get Puffy out of Biggie's videos, video mode. Hit em Up multiball where you take shots at Mobb Deep and Nas etc. Suge Knight lose some weight hurry up mode. Possibilities are endless
Nothing ridiculous about it except for the ridiculous amount of talent available.

Back
Top Bottom