What's new

Aligning flipper, tight nut

Sorry David, but most of those tools look pretty poor TBH. I once fitted a kitchen for a mate, that by his own confession he can’t do DIY, I took my tools he was in awe, as I didn’t have screwdrivers that have UJ’s built in the shaft and a one tool fits all, there just junk, with decent equipment in his hands he was just fine.

Another tip for tight screws when there’s a concern for rounding heads, is coarse valve grinding paste, gets a good bit of friction on your tool 😳 also a T bar is good as it helps stop off loading the Allen key/socket.

Very pleased your sorted though 👍

It's a mishmash of stuff I had found and accrued over the years really.
Except the allen keys were from Pinball heaven and the ratchet screwdriver I bought for pinball, which works great for working on or under playfields nut not for the super tight stuff like flipper mechs!

The bottom of turtles tells a story..
View attachment 153184
Aarghh my eyes. Stanley screwdrivers with their super comfortable grip (not!)

Get some Bahco ones or something similar.

It did drain! 😂😂 That left out lane just sucks em in.
Yes, it's awful!
Hot tip from pinside was to put one of those rubber furniture bumper things on the side rail and it makes the two outlanes more even! 😉

Also, ensure you have your lair ball save set to 2sec, as you sometimes get a drain when it releases the ball from the lair, which seems unfair.

Aarghh my eyes. Stanley screwdrivers with their super comfortable grip (not!)

Get some Bahco ones or something similar.

Thank you for the hot tip and link! I'll grab those 😊

You didn't even get as far as putting a set of Stilsons on it. Playing at it 🤣🤣🤣
Glad you managed to get it out David.

Another tip with really tight bolts is try and tighten them slightly more before a sharp tap in the other direction

You didn't even get as far as putting a set of Stilsons on it. Playing at it 🤣🤣🤣
Glad you managed to get it out David.

I looked in two shops for molegrips small enough and already had a dremel on loan so thought... F it.

Stilsons didn't even occur, they look huge!
😁

Once you apply heat it will loosen but don’t be scared to heat it right up.

Vice grips or bang a Torx (the star shaped bits) in with a hammer. You did the right thing though, as you saved the rest of the linkage and bushing by cutting it. Kudos!

Back
Top Bottom