What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Alien Pinball machine £7777.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this one is no longer available my mint one might be coming up for sale soon, PM me. Would also include an extensive spares package.

I’ve had 2 Alien machines and regret selling both of them.
Fortunately I have a buy back clause when he wants to sell it and I wouldn’t hesitate to do so.
Both were extremely reliable and a joy to work on, far easier than any pin I’ve worked on.
It’s built like a tank, and the shots are very satisfying.
Parts are available and I bought loads of spares but didn’t need any.
A lot of people on forums have either reproduced or sourced parts.
The playfield screen is a huge plus and one of the main reasons I wouldn’t be interested in the re-make.
The 2 machines I had, already had all the latest fixes done and were extremely reliable.
Any machine will become old in a single or small collection.
It also fits where other machines can’t due to the glass lifting off rather than sliding out and even tho it’s a wide body it requires less room.
Light show is killer especially with the beacons.
Weapons button really adds to the game.
Loads of very kwl mods now available.
Alien and TWD are 2 of the best worlds under glass I’ve ever played.
But that’s only my opinion but I think Alien gets a lot of unfair criticism due to what the company did, when I think the finished product was very creative and polished machine at a fair price point, even now when I see machines 9,10,11 and 12k Alien still worth 8k in my book.

Everyone loves the theme... personally I’m going to wait for PBs to announce the LE. If you listen to the interviews they’ve done on podcasts recently I’m totally sold on them. They’ve made a LOT of I,prove ents to the machine and it’s mechanics, like replacing and redesigning wearing parts on the original. They say they removed the screen due to play field chipping issues and didnt want to deal withthat problem in the future. So i can’t wait to see what they add to the LE version. Maybe it will come back with a redesign. I def think I’d prefer to have it on the play field. The other thing is mate.... don’t wait 2 years to get a pin! Why do that? There are so many great pins out there. You could have been playing for the last 2 years and just sold it on. You e wasted 2 years of fun lol. Just buy a machine. Play it while you make your decision on Alien. You’ll always be able to see the machine when you want too. Even if you buy a Highway version now it has the elusive screen so it’s immediately a collectors item. When PBS get sorted I’m sure a lot of the parts will be compatible if they go wrong. But the main thing is don’t waste any more time procrastinating. Most people don’t jump because they haven’t got the money. Get in there 👍🏻

Just put an lcd screen in the apron for ambush/motion tracker, seems like a no brainier and a simple add-on.

couldn`t make pinfest this year but noticed there was one of each version of the alien pinball machine side by side at the show, what`s the verdict folks, which was better,

couldn`t make pinfest this year but noticed there was one of each version of the alien pinball machine side by side at the show, what`s the verdict folks, which was better,

Played both and both played almost identical.

The pinball brothers game has a much comfier lock bar, the heighway ones I always found leaning on them for a long time hurt like hell.

Only real big difference I noticed is the screen in the playfield is gone from the pinball brothers game but it's not a big loss.

Saw them both and new version looks good, they’ve done a great job.
It’s a no brainer to buy the new one over the old because of a availability of parts but interested to see what the LE offers as I loved the beacons on my old one, I also loved the lift off glass as you could put it where you couldn’t put a normal pin and still get the glass off.
The illuminated inner art blades and outside artwork was also very nice.
Playfield screen already mentioned and I loved that too.
There’s an extra post or magnet on the new one I believe

I played both and actually preferred the old one. It felt tighter and had a few bits that just made it feel special.
The new one was also loosing balls, and that slowed the game down.
I would be happy with either one though, both seemed like a good integration of the theme.

I also preferred the old Heighway version. I didn't like the pb flippers. And omg the size of the screen on the heighway pin....

The older one played 100 times better and looked better. The new one had chips on the playfield and pooling all over the shop, it felt cheap although I agree it was more comfortable to play. The new one rebooted way more often than the old one also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I preferred the Heighway version with both screens.
The cab is better on the PB version.
Both were a bit clunky IMO, but I’m crap so….
PB version, sadly had a few tech issues, the excellent on hand staff were over a few times to sort 👍

Of the two I preferred the older one too - if only because the screen in the playfield was really convenient! I don't often look up at the screen when playing, it's distracting.

Pinball Brothers could have got round the monitor in the playfield issue, by putting one in the apron for Ambush multiball. Best of both worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom