What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Alien Pinball machine £7777.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
For sale on behalf of a good mate who is unable to post on this forum for some weird reason.

The owner is a long time upstanding member of of the pinball and video community so buy with confidence, get one with a playfield screen while you can.

Petty people need not apply.

Peace and love people 😘

128290-0a41dab14752d9f7fe14c069d3c70239.jpg
128281-5469dcfc4b438f9f562cc47d58dcb51d.jpg
128282-d27d8a06d62c12c679de7b4fc1919226.jpg
128283-5baebe4626bd9690c3f690cbdbc5c4fb.jpg
128284-ec5589c50ab895dae7f421114c3a283c.jpg
128285-137365f07bf7a69bc7cdc75f891f784d.jpg
128286-a443d1b255a205dd74efe633a5db0d88.jpg
128287-a1e98a8ffc0ee0cdf638ed158ebdb8ff.jpg
128288-53ab7b90eb678d51d8bc0c1157a2840d.jpg
128296-d445475572ef227274608845a2e5e5fa.jpg
128297-367fbf266d03d4063c4e5f759f568300.jpg
128299-95de50724c1d06cdf2961666ed2f3428.jpg

I did.

Just to allow time for things to blow over. As i said before, Rav is a Top Gent... Seems completely out of character (alongside Will a few weeks ago...). Is there something in the South coast water at the moment?
Think it must be something in the new strain of COVID. No other symptoms apart from forum craziness!!

I have been interested in the Alien Heighway pin for ages. It would be my first pin and I’m looking for some honest feedback in relation to the sale. This version looks better than the re-release by pinball brothers - but I’m concerned my inexperience in being able to maintain the pin will be an issue. Also that there are no spare parts, and heighway is no longer

Also the comments in this thread are a huge red flag.

I really love the theme though. And it looks amazing.

I don’t want my enthusiasm to get ahead of what is reasonable, it’s a lot of money to put down - and I don’t hear many positive things about this pin in the community. So advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

For a first pin the last thing you need is a rare/ unusual game.

If you are feeling sensible, buy a wpc game (bally Williams 1990 to 1998 or so)

If you are feeling rich/ frisky buy a stern SAM

An Alien is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuige risk.

Noone sells spare parts

Literally noone knows how to repair Alien boards

Noone sells spare parts

This is frustrating. I love this theme so much. For 2 years I have been searching for my perfect pin - and this is totally it. But you’ve confirmed the problem.

it’s a soul crusher.

This is frustrating. I love this theme so much. For 2 years I have been searching for my perfect pin - and this is totally it. But you’ve confirmed the problem.

it’s a soul crusher.
You could have less risk going with pinball brothers updated version, but to be honest I would stay well clear of either flavours.

Reactions: DRD
If you have Alien money. Buy an Adams Family.

Most popular game of all time. Plenty of folk know it. Know how to repair it. Plenty of spare parts.

Pay 5 to 5.5 for it. Sell it for 5 to 5.5. It is the benchmark/ gold sovereign/ rolex of the pinball world.

Easiest to sell. Easiest to buy.

Noone sells spare parts

You can actually buy spares now... https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/heighway-pinball/alien/

Not cheap though, for a lot of the parts. I would echo your overall point though. Definitely not a pin for someone who is a newcomer to pinball.

You could have less risk going with pinball brothers updated version, but to be honest I would stay well clear of either flavours.
probably more risk with that in my view. Get a stranger things, the game play is better, the atmosphere is better and it wasn't made with stolen money.

Just my two pence - I loved Alien and it was probably the hardest pin to let go for me. I had no issues with mine and a comprehensive spares package. It's a great machine, very atmospheric.

Spares can be a problem though, especially boards but there are lot out there now so a bit more available. It is a risk but I wouldn't be too put off by it...

Last edited:

it’s a soul crusher.

Have you played one though? A dream theme doesn’t mean that you’ll click with the rules or flow, you could end up hating it. If you’re spending big bucks definitely play one first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with your decision - looks like no consensus of opinion.
Whatever you decide I would think that love it or hate it, if you decide to sell, it may take a while, been on here for two months. Personally I'd go for something like The Walking Dead. Most recent one on here went after about half a day.
ATB

I think Alien is one of the greatest films ever, and although a different type of sequel Aliens is a brilliant follow up. For me this is a dream theme but I just wouldn't buy one of these. I had a TWD and for me the theme is total crap, one of the worst shows ever made but the game is one of the best ever. Theme is less irrelevant to me these days.

I think Alien is one of the greatest films ever, and although a different type of sequel Aliens is a brilliant follow up. For me this is a dream theme but I just wouldn't buy one of these. I had a TWD and for me the theme is total crap, one of the worst shows ever made but the game is one of the best ever. Theme is less irrelevant to me these days.

One of the worst shows ever made?
Surely not sir, have you ever seen TOWIE or made in Chelsea or that dog grooming bilge on the beeb.
I demand a recount! :)

One of the worst shows ever made?
Surely not sir, have you ever seen TOWIE or made in Chelsea or that dog grooming bilge on the beeb.
I demand a recount! :)
I'm talking about a script, acting, storyline. These "shows" that you mention I am aware of but I'm not interested in watching sad attention craving degenerates with 💩 for brains. I've no idea about the dog grooming as I watch nothing on the beeb, they need to be defunded they are a disgrace. TWD storyline was surely written by a child under the age of 6 right? Made it to series 3 then it was just utter 💩

I played Alien at the last Pinfest, I couldn’t wait to get on it and a big thanks to whoever was mad enough to loan it out.
I absolutely loved it and absolutely smashed it after a couple of games. Beginners luck? Probably.
The movie scenes will become repetitive in time I guess. I would like to own one for the theme and the cool light show etc. But not as an only pin In case it was that easy.... Also played TNA for the first time, now that was awesome and I would buy one of those at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom