What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

so this isn't pooling?

IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG

so if I buy a game; let me start again because thats never going to happen with these crooks; so lets say if Joe PinballLover buys a game and that pooling happens and as we all know at some stage it chips - what happens?

That looks like it probably is.

Not sure what they’d do. Can only comment on past performance which has been outlined above.

Apart from the known issue under the flipper, which has resulted in a change. Has there been any other chipping issues? With others that have had issues it was within what - 50 plays? There’s over 100 in circulation with many more plays (this one included) that hasn’t happened.

@Big Phil will find this funny but I can't locate the back box keys. Haven't checked for it/them till now.

Looks like game code update will have to wait...

Yup, no dice.
Look again - I didn't have a key for my LOTR backbox, checked the door & there was nothing. Was on the verge of taking the lock to a locksmith mate to get a key made & for some reason was sitting on the settee with the door open & there they were, two of 'em, hanging there in plain sight. No idea how I could have missed them.

Have you tried the coin door key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you tried the coin door key?

Unfortunately it's a different type. It's one of those keys you see on the back of MAME cabs. I tried mine but it's a different cut.

Last edited:
Can you unscrew the lock? Otherwise get your drill out!

It hasnt come loose from the coindoor and wedged itself somewhere inside the cabinet has it? Possibly magnetically attached to the bass speaker.

Is it a standard key or one of those tubular bike lock styles?
If it’s standard they’re a piece of **** to pick. I’ve done it several times with a tensioner and pick.

Is it a universal key, maybe just order another?
I can open diffferent Stern backboxes with the same key, and I believe JJP use a universal key for backboxes, worth a try?

Is it a standard key or one of those tubular bike lock styles?
If it’s standard they’re a piece of **** to pick. I’ve done it several times with a tensioner and pick.
Its one of those weird bike lock style ones as you put it.

I found a way round it though.

Lowering the backbox reveals the IO plate and a spare USB port. I applied the update this way for now.

1632065801214.png

Look again - I didn't have a key for my LOTR backbox, checked the door & there was nothing. Was on the verge of taking the lock to a locksmith mate to get a key made & for some reason was sitting on the settee with the door open & there they were, two of 'em, hanging there in plain sight. No idea how I could have missed them.
Definately checked no dice. I've found a work around for now (see above).

Care package arrived early

Playfield arrived as well as the new mechs.

Interesting improvement on the wide targets.

Longer is the newer.

PXL_20210920_105632782.jpg
PXL_20210920_105639602.jpg

New post. Thankfully not one else will get the same fate as mine did now.

PXL_20210920_111749306.jpg

My lock pick arrives today. Lets see if I can become a master thief.

My lock pick arrives today. Lets see if I can become a master thief.
Stick a picture of the lock barrel up please mate. If it’s a pin tumbler lock Skip to minute 43 of this video mate. It’s one I made a few years ago.
The important thing is tension on the Barrell

Stick a picture of the lock barrel up please mate. If it’s a pin tumbler lock Skip to minute 43 of this video mate. It’s one I made a few years ago.
The important thing is tension on the Barrell
Wow nice one. Its one of those bike locks so a different style to pick. Will update when the toolset arrives.

Back
Top Bottom