What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afterglow Nano - Group Buy - ** ££ payment time ££ **

Hey guys, where did you end up installing your AG in your backboxes? In my Creech, the recommended spot is blocked by the backbox head bolt and I can't move it to the right because the cables won't allow it, and even if they did then I'd be screwing it down into a metal plate.

1.jpg

Hey guys, where did you end up installing your AG in your backboxes? In my Creech, the recommended spot is blocked by the backbox head bolt and I can't move it to the right because the cables won't allow it, and even if they did then I'd be screwing it down into a metal plate.

View attachment 126861

Put the bolt on the other side, from memory you can have 2 bolts in but 1 is enough.

First one I fitted, put it too far forward and speaker panel wouldn’t go back in so had to move the board back.
You can see the original holes that were too far forward.
8DDDB3B9-6A00-4692-874B-B5CBE4FC232B.jpeg

View attachment 126861
Above is best, or you attach to the side rather than the base.

The side would be my preference as well, but the cables from the WPC are not long enough to reach over to the side for me even if I unclip them. My only option is where the wingbolt is but that means removing the wingbolt which I'm not super keen on doing.

I know one bolt will hold the head, I just don't like the idea of it.

Here you go

1625732184828.png

Notice how the cables are fed through the push housing before being soldered to the metal tab.

The 2P Molex connects to Afterglow.

Here you go

View attachment 142069

Notice how the cables are fed through the push housing before being soldered to the metal tab.

The 2P Molex connects to Afterglow.

After I posted yesterday, I was fiddling with them and only then discovered when the metal tab is pushed it reveals a little hook 😑😂
I suppose that hooks on the test point.

Is there a gnd point similar to the tp's? or do you hook it on the braid? That seems a little dodgy😂

Not the briad - Either the backbox screw tab (bottom left), J103, or underneath one of the board screws (if doing this, you can swap out the test probe for a ring terminal)

Not the briad - Either the backbox screw tab (bottom left), J103, or underneath one of the board screws (if doing this, you can swap out the test probe for a ring terminal)

What is the backbox screw tab? Bottom left of the backbox or just the driver board?

How would I use J103? Not with the test probe?
20210708_172239.jpg

Last edited:
The backbox screw tab is where the DMD connects to ground. It's a screw terminal sticking up from the bottom left of the backbox.

I've used a test probe to connect to J103, just wiggle the connector up a bit and hook in underneath. Make sure its solid though because if the AG loses ground it will fry chips. 🍟

The backbox screw tab is where the DMD connects to ground. It's a screw terminal sticking up from the bottom left of the backbox.

I've used a test probe to connect to J103, just wiggle the connector up a bit and hook in underneath. Make sure its solid though because if the AG loses ground it will fry chips. 🍟
20210708_173926.jpg
This fella here?
I guess long term I could get a ring terminal for this?

I'm tempted to upgrade to the newer version when possible if it means no more clips🤣

And regarding J03, are all the pins gnd?

Back
Top Bottom