What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afterglow Nano - Group Buy - ** ££ payment time ££ **

They're easy enough to crimp - happy to give advice in that area just didn't want to have to do 3 x 50 of them :-/

Easy enough to crimp...yup... however very time consuming and mind numbingly boring....

Thanks to Mike @MadNat for doing a lot of the legwork to work out a final bill of materials and cost for 40 boards from PCBWay. I'll break this all down so everyone knows whats going on...

Assembly + Boards + Parts = $38.70 (usd)
Shipping to UK = $33 (usd) (for all 40)
Tax + Duty to the UK (approx 25%) = £320 (for all 40)
Arduino Nano (clones) = £3
Internal Postage + Packaging = £5

This ends up being about £48 per board (call it 50 to cover unforseeables - anything left over will be used as a donation to the forum). I realise this is a bit more than the German group buy rounds (approx 35 pounds i think) so just wanted to give everyone one final heads up before we go ahead.

Please post only if you have an issue, otherwise, upvote the post and we'll crack on.

Will probably also ask for contributions up front so I don't have to explain a 1.5k deficit to my wife on our joint account :-/

Thanks to Mike @MadNat for doing a lot of the legwork to work out a final bill of materials and cost for 40 boards from PCBWay. I'll break this all down so everyone knows whats going on...

Assembly + Boards + Parts = $38.70 (usd)
Shipping to UK = $33 (usd) (for all 40)
Tax + Duty to the UK (approx 25%) = £320 (for all 40)
Arduino Nano (clones) = £3
Internal Postage + Packaging = £5

This ends up being about £48 per board (call it 50 to cover unforseeables - anything left over will be used as a donation to the forum). I realise this is a bit more than the German group buy rounds (approx 35 pounds i think) so just wanted to give everyone one final heads up before we go ahead.

Please post only if you have an issue, otherwise, upvote the post and we'll crack on.

Will probably also ask for contributions up front so I don't have to explain a 1.5k deficit to my wife on our joint account :-/
Have Messaged you m8

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Okay everyone, thanks to Mike @MadNat and his amazing wheelin and/or dealin skills the boards are now coming in sub £40. Much respect Mike 🙌🏻

It's time to pay up! Here's the plan.

* Boards are £40 each, which covers everything (boards, assembly, parts, vat/duty, postage, arduino, internal postage & packaging). The board will be fully assembled and ready to go. There is a few pounds extra on each board to cover unforeseens, happy to refund this at the end, or we could all just choose to make it a site donation, which would be my preference. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

* Extension cables are still required, and not included. We did a bit of investigation into getting these produced, but it looks as though the low numbers and/or shipping would be cost prohibitive. If you're really averse to crimping, and don't want to learn (you should!) find a mate who does and promise him or her beer. It would be much better if this could be spread out across the team as it's far less annoying to do 2 sets rather than 40. Attached is a schematic Mike put this together to show the cabling required (again, mad respect).

PAYEMNT INFO

Paypal => dayv5000@gmail.com

1. Please choose FRIENDS AND FAMILY
2. Please include you pinfo username

I think that's it. Allow a month or two for production and shipping, but I'll keep everyone updated. Happy Afterglowing!

Attachments

• Afterglow Cable Set Drawing v2.pdf
    285.2 KB · Views: 25
Not too late @Jagspete - but these ones are WPC only.

Looking at the schematics, DE JP has 9 pins on each row/col same as WPC, although it comes from the CPU rather than the power driver (and the row has a different sized connector). It would be completely dependant on a) they ran on 18V same as WPC and b) the exhibited the same pulse timings as WPC.

Thanks, I knew there were similarities, but think would be beyond me to work out.

I'm don't even think you could mate to be honest. It would be a punt whether it worked or not, and if it didn't, its a case of Christoph (the creator) needing to do a code rewrite. We've been looking into SAM/whitestar as a priority, but I'm hoping we can move onto DE after that. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom