What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams Family Magnet Fuse Kits - Interest?

Oh. Can you invoice me for a set as well? I’ve had the transistors on two magnets lock on in the past, so well worth installing on games

Jim
please send me an invoice as well If you have another, be silly not to fit one to my Taf

I’ll jump on the band wagon please can I have a set? If there are any left, it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for a while
Thanks

There was less interest when I offered these kits a number of years ago. Clearly, I was ahead of the times. ;)

Ok, thanks for all the replies guys. This is an old thread, 3 years old in fact so i only have 2 full sets form the original batch left which will go to the first 2 on the recent list of takers.

However, panic not, i will build more and anyone on the list (now or future) will be included no problem. I am currently looking at some new super nice pre moulded inline fuse holders which are still supporting the old type 1/4" glass fuses. Many aftermarket types for these things now use automotive blade type fuse holders which i dont really want to use, plus others are very cheap low current affairs. I'd like to stick with the original types of large glass fuse and continue to offer the highest quality. Also the original holders i used are VERY time consuming to assemble and test so i want to find something better.

Also, i will also be talking to my cable manufacturer friend who made my 100 RFM shaker looms at possibly making these in the longer term. They are fiddly to make yourself. For 10 sets etc though i'll make them myself.

Costs for new sets which will include 3 individual leads each as before will likely be £20 plus postage now.

Small update, the 2 kits left have been shipped as of yesterday and i am now discussing things with my loom manufacturer. Hope to update soon. We are talking about bulk making these at 300 or so, ie enough for 100 addams games, so its quite a comittment to make them. We will see what the prices work out like. I certainly dont fancy assembling many more by hand :)

Quick Update. I have a quote back from my loom maufacutuer and it will be go very soon. I am waiting for the sample to be sent to me which i will share with everyone. It will look pretty much the same as before but the wire used might be higher gauge for increased quality. We are able to continue the use of the old type 1 1/4" glass fuse holders to, which many other supplies no longer use.

Also if anyone has ideas for other looms that might be useful replacements please let me know

Order is in now and the sample is being made so i will be sending out the invoice for all that said yes please above.

If anyone else wants a set now please reply in the thread and i'll send you an invoice to.

Cost is £20 plus shipping per set

Order is in now and the sample is being made so i will be sending out the invoice for all that said yes please above.

If anyone else wants a set now please reply in the thread and i'll send you an invoice to.

Cost is £20 plus shipping per set

Just to let people know - thats an awesome price for this essential mod.... When i picked up mine a few years ago mine was £30 plus shipping.... 👍

Just to let people know - thats an awesome price for this essential mod.... When i picked up mine a few years ago mine was £30 plus shipping.... 👍
Thanks Paul, yes it will take some time for me to be in profit here but bulk ordering (300x) is the way to go to keep the prices down and i know addams games wont be getting scrapped anytime soon :) I have a really good manufacturer uk based who always goes the extra mile for me :)

I hope everyone is happy with the price and effort to get these made. :)

HI, Just a quick update on these new fuse kits. The manufacturer i use is super busy with increased orders from other customers so my order is running 3-4weeks behind schedule currently. So realistically its looking like another 2 months yet before i get them. Out of my control and next years uncertainy isnt helping supply chains much either, but if anyone is bored of waiting and wants a refund to drop off the list, then no problem just pm me.

I have been left in the **** basically by the loom manufacturer who has disappeared. Its basically a different world now after brexit and covid. Global supply chains are ****ed so this project which was to help people out is no longer viable currently or doable unless i find a new manufacturer. This isnt easy though, so for now the project is cancelled

So basically i will be making the few orders i have for these things by hands then forgetting about them. The whole point to this was that i DIDNT want to make them by hand.

I aim to ship the outstanding orders i have in the next few weeks

Could you compile a set of parts for a self assembly kit? Looking at the Pinball Life pic it doesn't look too complicated just fiddly.

Back
Top Bottom