What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Addams family gold price drop and back up again

£6k ish seems reasonable. Knackered ones are pushing £4K and that joker on eBay who biught mine spent 6 months trying to shift his at £10k

Why not keep the Gold and sell the standard as I see you have both, the standard might be in my price range :)

Hahaha I still have the standard TaF and I am considering doing that as it was kind of the original plan all along.
Finances are not an issue now so no real need to sell it ( thank fook ) was a bit hairy for a bit :)
Will probably leave it for a bit longer and if none of these offers come through will keep it and sell the standard TaF and just do up the gold

Don't drop your price because of eBay 'timewasters'. There are various scams on eBay, one of which (as I discovered when selling a car) is for a buyer to deliberately sabotage the auction and credibility of item/seller by repeatedly winning the auction and not following through (using various identities), forcing the seller to keep relisting in the hope of brow beating the seller into submission and accepting a much lower figure.

Don't drop your price because of eBay 'timewasters'. There are various scams on eBay, one of which (as I discovered when selling a car) is for a buyer to deliberately sabotage the auction and credibility of item/seller by repeatedly winning the auction and not following through (using various identities), forcing the seller to keep relisting in the hope of brow beating the seller into submission and accepting a much lower figure.

Thanks mate , I know eBay is a pool of hatred , I recently kinda got involved in a similar ringing trick ... offer through here then contact through eBay , same kinda prices , then say they are gonna pay or will call back and don't ... and it's so bloody obvious that's it's dealers it's kinda funny as it's so bloody obvious but like you said rob I wonder how many poor buggers get sucked in by the tricks
The price is what it is and I know that TAFG are as rare as rocking horse poo and if you want the LE of the most successful pinball machine of all time that was released when people didn't buy Pinball's to keep at home your gonna have to dig deep. I spent ages waiting for this one and spent shed loads to secure it .

Thanks mate , I know eBay is a pool of hatred , I recently kinda got involved in a similar ringing trick ... offer through here then contact through eBay , same kinda prices , then say they are gonna pay or will call back and don't ... and it's so bloody obvious that's it's dealers it's kinda funny as it's so bloody obvious but like you said rob I wonder how many poor buggers get sucked in by the tricks
The price is what it is and I know that TAFG are as rare as rocking horse poo and if you want the LE of the most successful pinball machine of all time that was released when people didn't buy Pinball's to keep at home your gonna have to dig deep. I spent ages waiting for this one and spent shed loads to secure it .

Yeah, that's exactly how it starts. They make contact early, usually a friendly phonecall and a lowball offer telling you that the offer will still be there if you change your mind or your sale falls through. Then they'll either keep using the Buy it Now or keep winning with the highest bid and not following through. Make sure your seller settings only accept bids from buyers with a credit card on file and always report non payers. I was alerted to this scam after not hearing from the winning bidder and discovering his address details were made up....then a few days later 'by weird coincidence' getting another phonecall from lowball guy.

I have been offered on my No Fear from HLD - they have changed pick up and will pay upon arrival. Is this the same type of issue? Should i be concerened with them? Sorry for hijack

I have been offered on my No Fear from HLD - they have changed pick up and will pay upon arrival. Is this the same type of issue? Should i be concerened with them? Sorry for hijack

No. I sold a machine to HLD last week. The driver will arrive and have a look at your machine, then phone HLD to confirm you and the machine exists, then they make payment by BACs. You phone your bank to check payment is there in your account before the driver leaves. Honestly that was the easiest sale I could ever have imagined.

Quite sad though that these machines will be doubled or tripled in price rather than kept within the community.

Hmm I don't feel comfortable selling to them tbh but it's an offer.

Quite sad though that these machines will be doubled or tripled in price rather than kept within the community.

Hmm I don't feel comfortable selling to them tbh but it's an offer.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the idea myself but logic dictates. I bought mine on eBay for £800 and spent probably £400 on legs, side rails etc. Sold it for £1500. I hugely doubt anyone on here would have paid that for it, especially with the inevitable comments about the asking price for what some might see as a low value title. It went up on HLD's website yesterday for £3500. If they can get that much for it (and I've no doubt they can) then good luck to them. I really enjoyed the game but I haven't seen anyone speak positively of it on here, or indeed most Gottliebs. And for that reason I chose not to even try to sell it on here.

Will i've got £500 ready and waiting - and i'll waive my friend continuation fee for Y2017-18.

Thanks Ol it's a very tempting offer but give me a few days to mull it over and I will get back to you. ;)

I sold to HLD before very easy very straightforward you don't need to have any worries dealing with them.

Video of the machine that Matt filmed as it's currently residing there while it's fate is decided
Best thing about the video is the fact that @Matt Adams was actually able to use the video camera ;)

Cheers
Will

Looks like it's going to Australia. Apparently not a single one was ever shipped over there when they released the gold or so the guy who wants it told me.

Looks like it's going to Australia. Apparently not a single one was ever shipped over there when they released the gold or so the guy who wants it told me.
Well the pinside pinmap states there is 8 taf golds in australia and even 2 in new zealand

And you believed him??? Really??? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I guess he seemed excited enough about it , a bit like mick Dundee when he showed that mugger his knife, I guess he will be able to do the same with his pinball mates .... " call that a TaF ? That's not a TaF this is a TAFG "
You're gonna need a few stamps on that envelope.

lol was gonna see if martin was up for the challenge

My large Dino likes pussy and is for sale :)

largedino1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom