What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ac dc remake!

Pro looks so much better than the old version. I wonder what the premium is going to look like? Still one of my favourite pins ever.

The rumours were true then.

If I was buying, think I'd go for a pro this time, better flow without the mini playfield, and definitely a huge improvement without Angus face.

Awesome that they're remaking AC/DC as I've really wanted a premium for ages. Not sure what to do though as the build quality issues with Stern machines of late is more than concerning. :hmm:

Bit of a shame it didn't get a playfield art overhaul (other than Angus's face being zapped).

Maybe they will do something with the premium. The pro just seems far too cut down compared to most imo. The lack of drop targets in particular is a bit of a killer for me.

Great news for anyone after an AC/DC, it will be interesting what they bring to the table for the Premium offering.
Must be the end of the road for Kiss I would imagine, although goes to show that there is good money to be made in music pins since they have only just released Aerosmith.
Meanwhile with this VE distraction, Starwars will have longer to be worked on before being revealed later in the year.

Really don't understand the appeal of this game at all. Played the Pro in a bar and absolutely hated it. Artwork sucks and it drains like crazy. If that were my first experience of pinball I'd never even try another machine again.

Mate of mine managed to bag himself a Luci edition from Germany and he was glad he did because they seem to be like rocking horse poop nowadays. That particular model rarely seems to surface.

I've grown to love AC/DC over the last few months having played it a fair bit at various locations; but then i'm a sucker for most music pins.

I have been told limited run of 500 pins, so maybe 200 pros and 300 prem
and the price you would thought would still be in line with current prices so 6000+ for a pro and near 8000 for the premium

I got an ac/dc premium a few years ago. BNIB with a ton of mods. I've still rarely seen one (a) on location (b) for sale/trade. Its a nice machine and I love ac/dc, few can match the light show. Mind you, its sat next to my twd le and that gets all the attention.

Both AC/DC and Metallica are games that you need to know the rule set for. AC/DC is probably friendly to a first time player. Unless you know what you're doing it's not intuitive about which shots need to be made for each song. I really didn't rate either when they first came out but then when I had them at home and the code was developed I become utterly addicted to them. AC/DC integrates the music better than other games.

supposedly just pro's. which given the starkness of AC-DC pro's and the newer pricing of stern pro's its a hefty ask for this **** game!

Both AC/DC and Metallica are games that you need to know the rule set for. AC/DC is probably friendly to a first time player. Unless you know what you're doing it's not intuitive about which shots need to be made for each song. I really didn't rate either when they first came out but then when I had them at home and the code was developed I become utterly addicted to them. AC/DC integrates the music better than other games.

I found the opposite to be true. Played Metallica at 8Bit Flip and absolutely loved it. Very easy to get into straight away, long ball times, even got a highscore on the 3rd game. Very impressive toys. The hammer is awesome (I know thats not on the Pro) Want one badly. Whereas AC/DC made me never want to play another Stern or ever put coins into a pinball machine. It literally is money down the drains.

I wouldn't mind a premium despite thinking the lower playfield is probably the worst of all lower playfields.

It's a good game once you can get your head round the rules, which arn't stupidly complicated. I was always mistified by what I had to do to light things but it's like any other game, read the rules and you'll get if fairly quick.

Still it's going to be a high price for what is now a 5 year old game. I'd probably be seriously interested if the new version was going for a similar price as what it did years ago but with what they go for now I'm out completely.

Still it's going to be a high price for what is now a 5 year old game

I think this is the nub of the problem for me. Star Wars is coming, everybody knows it. It'll be a huge seller both for collectors and operators. At roughly the same price, who will fork out now for another DMD AC/DC?

Don't 'get' ACDC....... Tried, played it plenty, keep trying but just don't see the fuss.

I never feel a 'goal' on it beyond points.
I think this is possibly the reason i still love AC/DC. With most most machines, my interest dips once i have 'completed' it. However, AC/DC's rules are effectively a gamble on when (and if) you can cash in your song jackpot and it keeps me coming back. Also, with the various individual song high scores, you are encouraged to play songs that you wouldn't otherwise do so which mixes things up nicely. It's in my personal top 2 ever.

Yea I agree with Matt and sums up why I really want an AC/DC premium. I've played the real machine plenty of times at events and enjoyed it just because of the way it shoots and the soundtrack. I recently downloaded Stern Pinball Arcade and have a much better grasp of the rules which has taken it to a whole new level for me.

I've never understood what all the fuss about Star Wars is. It's obviously a massive thing for a lot of people but the whole theme and universe doesn't excite me at all. Consequently even if Stern make an amazing machine I'm very unlikely to want one because of the theme. So yea, I'd be one of those people that would fork out for a DMD AC/DC instead of a Star Wars. One of the great things about pinball is that there are plenty of different tables to suit every taste, things would be a lot more boring if everybody loved the same stuff anyway.

love these vids, what happens if Trump builds the wall though ?

Back
Top Bottom