What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8-bit Flip - Great day out

Awesome weekend and great thanks to Mark, Daz, Poibug and rest of NLP crew for organising this. Looked just like an 80s arcade, set up was perfect and as Dan said right number of machines/peeps.

Thanks also to tournament organisers David and Will, Kete and Martin. Know how stressful running comps can be and you guys all did a fab job!:)

Well worth the long trip and will certainly try to make it again.

Not sure if it was vertigo from being so far north or the grease from the kitchen permeating the whole venue but felt really rough Sat and Sun eve and still not great - throat feels really tight and hot/cold. Just curious if anyone else had similar symptoms or was just me and the unusual northern air!:)

Well done again for a cracking weekend.

Cheers
Greg

Well it was southern air for me Greg.

image.jpg

& while this lot makes me look like a right ****** I can assure you it was just snot. I've been banjaxed since I got back. Mixing with Stan is obviously not healthy.

Definitely the best pinball/arcade event I've been to. Loads of games but not 10,000s of people trying to play them. If it's on, I'll be there again next year. (hint hint)

Is it wrong to have enjoyed playing the gottlieb tables the most? I feel a swerve to the dark side is in order............

that was a fantastic video, Moose :thumbs:

edit: oh, and me too, i'm also full of green in my sinuses and lungs. sounds like there was a typhoid Mary among us sharing some nasty bug. i wonder how many others?

Last edited:
Cool vid, thanks to all involved in setting this event up, was there both days and definitely one of the best shows of past few years I've attended. Fingers crossed this can find a regular place on the calendar.

Gutted. Ruddy gutted. Couldn't you all have lied and said it was a bit sh!t? The videos didn't help either. Made it look and feel like a real arcade hall.

F*ck I hate DIY...

I am so going to PlayExpo/NLP to make up for this travesty. Well done to all those who made it happen. Obviously a great event and hopefully first of many to come!

Definitely the best pinball/arcade event I've been to. Loads of games but not 10,000s of people trying to play them. If it's on, I'll be there again next year. (hint hint)

Is it wrong to have enjoyed playing the gottlieb tables the most? I feel a swerve to the dark side is in order............

that's why on any i am involved in I do my best totry and get some there
We had a rarish line up - Mario,Robo,Tx and my Genesis - not laods of any of them in this country

If you think about it, a pinball event must be one of the worst possible places for breeding and spreading germs

Hot
Sweaty hands everywhere (one guy I saw had a beer towel to dry the game before he played each ball)
Folk eating burgers and chips
You might play 50 different games ....

There was a bbc tv show about how primary school kids pass germs. They sprayed a small area of the classroom with uv dye. By the end of the day every child was covered in it

If you think about it, a pinball event must be one of the worst possible places for breeding and spreading germs

Hot
Sweaty hands everywhere (one guy I saw had a beer towel to dry the game before he played each ball)
Folk eating burgers and chips
You might play 50 different games ....

There was a bbc tv show about how primary school kids pass germs. They sprayed a small area of the classroom with uv dye. By the end of the day every child was covered in it

And this is why i wash my hands before i use the toilet.. No way im touching my cock with all that nerd stink on my hands!

And this is why i wash my hands before i use the toilet.. No way im touching my cock with all that nerd stink on my hands!
Plus if there is a lack of paper towels you can always dry your hands with your beard ;)

If you want to blame anyone blame me/my 8 month old daughter.

She brought the most evil lurgy ever back from nursery and has given to every human she has met since. I went down with it a couple of days before 8bitflip so you're all fooked!

I'm coming to the end of it but still sound like Barry White with an accordian for lungs and I'm producing more snot that I thought was humanly possible.

Good luck all :p

Back
Top Bottom