What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired 6 piece Protectors for Twilight Zone TZ Stot now added

Expired Due to no activity
Yours look much better than the ones I got from Germany... good work
Without naming the specific dealer the ones I received were atrocious and not even the same shape as my original plastics with inconsistencies every where. I was told as the backing paper had been removed they could not be refunded (I took the paper off 1 sling only)
After fighting my case tooth and nail they finally said they would refund but 2 weeks on nothing! After further emails Imwas told as I had sent the protectors back to their head office it would be 6 weeks before they could refund as they did not have access to check them over due to the head office being 100mi away.
This was the catalyst that drove me to design my own and bear in mind I spent 64€ on the set and another 8€ to return them.
I will never use them again for anything so their loss

Can you do hobbit ones? Would def take a set if you do, they look great!
Is yours the LE or gold like mine with the slings cut out
BC4EF0B0-B36A-4844-BDB7-AED27C64B0E8.jpeg

Would this work on JD and DM if soI'd be interested in a set for both?
They work on all pins but a few factors to consider are:
1. the protectors are 3mm thick so this will lift your original so bear that in mind on the bolt length that in turn is affected. I’ve done several now and TBH as they all for home use just fastening them a couple of turns does suffice and I’ve never had a bolt drop off during play. Alternatively get hold of some extended ones used on ramps and the likes.
2. What colour suits the overall look of the pin. Yellow has by far the best pop but may not suit some pins, green is almost as good and I have them on 3 of mine. Blue and red although more subtle still enhances the look and I was almost tempted to put them on my TZ

BF5BD5CD-AA1D-46CF-8677-72F6DA903ADB.jpeg

They look great.

I bought a set of fluroescent plastics for my TZ from Pinball Center. They didn't fit, particularly the outlane ones that wouldn't sit over the top of the black riser things (if that makes sense).

I'd like a set please, including the rocket one. PM me your PayPal details or however you want to be paid.

I just took the mushroom lip off the end.
Btw It will fit the protector without cutting off but it’s a pain getting the screw in easily so I just took mine off with side cutters but if you want perfection just use nail file to remove lip only

Attachments

• BCC01E1C-FB6E-4BFD-B6FD-FA01A9CDEEC6.jpeg
    BCC01E1C-FB6E-4BFD-B6FD-FA01A9CDEEC6.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 9A1EA742-9619-4FDA-B1B5-7BCCF742C761.jpeg
    9A1EA742-9619-4FDA-B1B5-7BCCF742C761.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AB952B98-1265-49B0-AA59-8FA2591099ED.jpeg
    AB952B98-1265-49B0-AA59-8FA2591099ED.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
Hey @Colywobbles I'd definitely be after a few sets if you have the capacity to do them - Red for Diner and Green for Creech.
Problem is I don’t have access to those pins atm.
Would you consider sending the ones you want doing for a further discount? I’ll do a fast turnaround which will also help me build my portfolio up.
Regards Col

Yh I intend to do mine and a few others on my TZ too.
ill post when I’ve done one but I’m just waiting on consumables arriving

Without naming the specific dealer the ones I received were atrocious and not even the same shape as my original plastics with inconsistencies every where. I was told as the backing paper had been removed they could not be refunded (I took the paper off 1 sling only)
After fighting my case tooth and nail they finally said they would refund but 2 weeks on nothing! After further emails Imwas told as I had sent the protectors back to their head office it would be 6 weeks before they could refund as they did not have access to check them over due to the head office being 100mi away.
This was the catalyst that drove me to design my own and bear in mind I spent 64€ on the set and another 8€ to return them.
I will never use them again for anything so their loss
Would be handy to know which dealer...I presume Pinball Center as they've been slated on here already fairly recently. (just Like my post to confirm that it's them if you'd still rather not say).

Would be handy to know which dealer...I presume Pinball Center as they've been slated on here already fairly recently. (just Like my post to confirm that it's them if you'd still rather not say).
The very same :mad:

Yh I intend to do mine and a few others on my TZ too.
ill post when I’ve done one but I’m just waiting on consumables arriving
Is it worth me waiting until you've finished coming up with a full set so to speak? Don't want to miss out on the early runs :)

They work on all pins but a few factors to consider are:
1. the protectors are 3mm thick so this will lift your original so bear that in mind on the bolt length that in turn is affected. I’ve done several now and TBH as they all for home use just fastening them a couple of turns does suffice and I’ve never had a bolt drop off during play. Alternatively get hold of some extended ones used on ramps and the likes.
2. What colour suits the overall look of the pin. Yellow has by far the best pop but may not suit some pins, green is almost as good and I have them on 3 of mine. Blue and red although more subtle still enhances the look and I was almost tempted to put them on my TZ

View attachment 85300
Care has been taken making them perfect, I can see they fit perfect unlike mine from you know who!

Sounds like you are going to be busy making all these! If you need TNA sling plastics for reference I've got some spare I can send you so long as you return them.
I’ll take you up on it after I sort a few requests if that’s ok
Col

Is it worth me waiting until you've finished coming up with a full set so to speak? Don't want to miss out on the early runs :)
I’m out of materials ATM so tonite I stripped my slot plastic out and drew up the original size ready for enlarging slightly tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2150A101-6353-4654-97B5-EABA63A9A055.jpeg
    2150A101-6353-4654-97B5-EABA63A9A055.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 22
  • AAF9409E-0834-412C-942D-3081C2355FD5.jpeg
    AAF9409E-0834-412C-942D-3081C2355FD5.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 23
All done and looking good :thumbs:

View attachment 85391

I didn’t go oversize on this one as I think it was a little close to hardware surrounding it but I’m happy to do sets in either original or OS if anyone prefers

View attachment 85392View attachment 85393
Have you done the Hobbit ones? And were you discussing not having the slot in them?

I'd be up for a green set for Hobbit.

Anyone had any thought on Aerosmith, fishy, Tom, taf or maiden? Not sure on colours for those.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Have you done the Hobbit ones? And were you discussing not having the slot in them?

I'd be up for a green set for Hobbit.

Anyone had any thought on Aerosmith, fishy, Tom, taf or maiden? Not sure on colours for those.

I’ve done IM but won’t get to fit them till Sunday as the pin is at my Nieces place.
I’ve done the IM ones in Acid Green (zombie theme) which I think actually pop a little more than yellow.
Here’s a pic of my RFM with green ones
48D9F430-DA3D-4EFF-B9CC-B7D62CA0A7D7.jpeg

FT probs work nice with blue but hobbit is defo green as mine done with them.

I was gonna do TOM next but if you defo up for TH I’ll strip my plastics off and allow for no slots

I’ve done IM but won’t get to fit them till Sunday as the pin is at my Nieces place.
I’ve done the IM ones in Acid Green (zombie theme) which I think actually pop a little more than yellow.
Here’s a pic of my RFM with green ones
View attachment 85394

FT probs work nice with blue but hobbit is defo green as mine done with them.

I was gonna do TOM next but if you defo up for TH I’ll strip my plastics off and allow for no slots
I've cut slots on mine but we wondering whether to get new plastics... You mean imdn then, not iron Man! I'd definitely be up for iron maiden and Hobbit (plus Tom after).

I've cut slots on mine but we wondering whether to get new plastics... You mean imdn then, not iron Man! I'd definitely be up for iron maiden and Hobbit (plus Tom after).

Sorry yep I’ve done IMDN just need to fit them to take pics.
I can do slotted or none slotted TH as it’s easy to amend before cutting

All done and looking good :thumbs:

View attachment 85391

I didn’t go oversize on this one as I think it was a little close to hardware surrounding it but I’m happy to do sets in either original or OS if anyone prefers

View attachment 85392View attachment 85393
That looks awesome. I'd like a set please. I'll have the normal size for slot machine please, think it might impact the stand up target otherwise.

I'd like acid green for TAF when they're ready too please - I have glow in the dark rubbers on mine.

You have PM :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom