What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3K ish Stern games opinions and ideas wanted

I said 3k ish as I thought some titles would be around that figure give or take condition. At the risk of making this sound like a wanted ad (which it’s not; not yet at least). If the right game came up for 3500 I reckon that’s the top end of budget before my missus starts divorce proceedings. My kids love SM so that would probably keep all parties happy- my preference based on theme and wanting to try something new would be BTDK. Still need to hone my skills on WPT and would be gutted to move it on before getting further into the game. So tempted to change it to 4 balls a game

Just for my own OCD, maybe modern is the wrong word to use here - especially when talking about games sometimes over a decade old.

I'd personally class the newer Stern LCD screen games as modern, because they're using current technology (for Stern).

Perhaps we're talking DMD-era here. So Harley Davidson through to Ghostbusters!

That also widens your net a bit - i'm told some of the crappier themes are still great games.

yeah but this is the problem , last year it was an 1800 game now its 2k but with the price hype im sure some will now view it as a 3k game.. id say buying machines at the moment is bit risky give it 12 months and the coronavirus stimulus runs out things may sadly be very different, its not just that. I've saved a fortune not having to take the wife and kids out every weekend plus no holiday not much petrol, once things get going again you'll see lots of pins back up for sale as slush money is needed for other things ....

It’s amazing that most people aren’t selling their pins to make a bit of profit at the moment, just shows how addicted we are!
A collection could be sold in no time with the amount of pins for sale at the moment.

big buck hunter pro stern game 2.1k on ebay right now. so proves you can get a modern stern for well under £3k 😃
I tried looking for one as my first pin- loved the sound fx hitting the pop bumpers. Looks a fun game.

Just for my own OCD, maybe modern is the wrong word to use here - especially when talking about games sometimes over a decade old.

I'd personally class the newer Stern LCD screen games as modern, because they're using current technology (for Stern).

Perhaps we're talking DMD-era here. So Harley Davidson through to Ghostbusters!

That also widens your net a bit - i'm told some of the crappier themes are still great games.
Why did Stern move from SAM to the Spike system? Are the light shows etc much better between say a ST and a GB?

If we hadn’t got spike 2 we would have no lcd display poor sound quality
And now all boards reasonable price
Neil is bang on with bbh it’s worth 2k if nice probably the best pin for you money on e bay at the min

Thanks mate, I’m not changing games yet though. Sure it was on the forum last year- red powder coating and Vault comic translite
Couldn't say, I havent been here long enough, but it looks to have a load of mods. Also they're like buses because another is available for 5k that's just popped up.

Couldn't say, I havent been here long enough, but it looks to have a load of mods. Also they're like buses because another is available for 5k that's just popped up.
That’s the same fella who sold the IJ4 I think. He obviously charges top dollar- a bit expensive I reckon but very nice example of a SM

Lol you guys make me laugh moaning about prices that Spiderman sold by a group member a good customer of mine for £3500 he did get offered more but did the honest thing and stuck to the deal roll on 6 months and a flipper re build kit and it’s £1500 more you guys do really know how to **** on your own door step

Lol you guys make me laugh moaning about prices that Spiderman sold by a group member a good customer of mine for £3500 he did get offered more but did the honest thing and stuck to the deal roll on 6 months and a flipper re build kit and it’s £1500 more you guys do really know how to **** on your own door step
Hi Chris, I’m definitely not try to have a go at the seller- he’s obviously done a lot to the games and whoever buys them are getting a very nice example. He’s entitled to sell his own property how ever he chooses- was only saying it’s a bit on the pricey side compared to what an average condition one might go for. Hope he gets his asking price :thumbs:

It’s not a go at you whatsoever it’s just attitude in general recently if you want a community with affordable pins then if you buy a pin for £3500 then sell it back in to the community at a reasonable price they then stays a abundance of fair price game s for everyone
If group members are buying games selling at inflated prices on e bay then that takes another affordable pin out of the market
Lots and f people moan about prices but then on the other hand are happy to sell on at big profit you can’t have it both ways

Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Changed to 4 balls and disabled the flop and turn posts- feels much more flowy- 4 balls make it much easier to get the extra ball as I’m still a bit naff. What’s a good score?

why do you need to? you can still add more balls if you want even though the game only has 4 balls.

yeah I turn off the posts also, I think my top score on my old game was 115m WPT is a super challenging game.

Neil.

why do you need to? you can still add more balls if you want even though the game only has 4 balls.

yeah I turn off the posts also, I think my top score on my old game was 115m WPT is a super challenging game.

Neil.
Stupidly never checked the settings to see what you can change it up to. With three balls I’m at 46 mill- keep trying to set up Change Gears once I’ve got ace in the whole multi ball ready. The number of times I lose my bottle once I manage to get the mode started is uncanny- when I can get both running together the points go up quick; just can’t keep it together for long enough

With pinball prices seeming to be getting a bit crazy (crazier) since I last posted on this thread- I’m not sure how my £3k budget will hold up given how much some of these games are going for. Will be changing my WPT towards the end of this year once I can move the pin back through my house ( currently a building site ); I digress….. what’s a good alternative SAM Stern game with decent flow and code between these please:

24, BBH, CSI and WOF. Would even consider TRS with mick on a stick. Any other suggestions welcome. Still hoping to snag an Avatar or POTC for around that price range if anyone is thinking about moving theirs on in the next few months.

thanks, Peter

Back
Top Bottom