What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cab decals not so happy.
To clear things up on this... I always recommend the originals from PPS. NextGen is really good. That's what I put on my machines. However, the reasons you were not happy with the decals was that: (a) they deviated from the original designs for The Getaway (it was a vector remake with slight differences) although I also have a scan, and (b) you've opted for no laminate which typically means you ought to clearcoat it. You were also unhappy with TOTAN decals, because I've printed incompletely retouched scans, and again no laminate. Naturally, I've immediately refunded the money for the mistake I've made. The bottom line is: I recommend to buy originals for high end restorations. There's another reason: it is not possible to print with fluorescent paint with digital printing, and for some decals, i.e. Creature from the Black Lagoon, or T2, you need them to be silkscreen printed with the correct fluorescent colors. I hope my explanation makes sense. Cheers guys!

To clear things up on this... I always recommend the originals from PPS. NextGen is really good. That's what I put on my machines. However, the reasons you were not happy with the decals was that: (a) they deviated from the original designs for The Getaway (it was a vector remake with slight differences) although I also have a scan, and (b) you've opted for no laminate which typically means you ought to clearcoat it. You were also unhappy with TOTAN decals, because I've printed incompletely retouched scans, and again no laminate. Naturally, I've immediately refunded the money for the mistake I've made. The bottom line is: I recommend to buy originals for high end restorations. There's another reason: it is not possible to print with fluorescent paint with digital printing, and for some decals, i.e. Creature from the Black Lagoon, or T2, you need them to be silkscreen printed with the correct fluorescent colors. I hope my explanation makes sense. Cheers guys!

Yes clearly all my fault Krystian... Why anyone would 'opt for' a cab decal that is not scratch resistant is beyond me - but there you go. And the refund for the poor Totan image quality was appreciated.

Last edited:
The Addams Family
Side Blades V1E

TAF Side Blades V1E.jpg

Questions, comments, or criticism? I can still improve this.

Bonus:

1601062863915.png

Everything is vector artwork:

1601062964784.png

The Shadow
Speaker Panel

Raster remake with color correction:

Version: V1B
The Shadow Speaker Panel V1B preview 2048px.jpg

The following is 100% vector remake with color correction.

Version: V2C
The Shadow Speaker Panel V2C preview 2048px.jpg

Version: V2D
The Shadow Speaker Panel V2D preview 2048px.jpg

Version: V2E
The Shadow Speaker Panel V2E preview 2048px.jpg

Version: V3A
The Shadow Speaker Panel V3A preview 2048px.jpg

Version: V3B
The Shadow Speaker Panel V3B preview 2048px.jpg

Version: V3D
The Shadow Speaker Panel V3D preview 2048px.jpg

Blockout:

The Shadow Speaker Panel V2 Blockout preview 2048px.jpg

Higher resolution preview can be seen here:

Last edited:
Black Rose
Version V1G

Black Rose Translite V1G.jpg

I've made further improvements to this translite... There are many barely visible improvements. The Rose is slimmer, has different makeup, the colors are more vibrant, the scrolls have paper texture, the spark is different, sail has a smoother gradient, the logo is slightly improved, the Bally logo is hidden and will show when illuminated, etc. Let's see if anyone can point out all the differences. LOL.

I do, but it is with the tilted DMD and the speakers are round... I need the previous model.
Ok, so you do have a Sam game at home, but you need one with the old wood backbox, I’m with you. I have a couple but won’t be able to do anything til Mon/Tues next week.

Possibly the most boring speaker panel on any of the Bally/Williams classics.

BD267181-2B7E-4EBF-8660-4BFCE83BEF20.jpeg

Please make a better version of this and I for one will defiantly buy it.

Did you get sorted with the panel size I have one stripped down I can vector up for you if you need.
I’m currently trying a few ideas out to make a 5in speaker version with maybe front Acrylic. Hence asking if you done SM and XM as that’s what I’m making it for.

6F5484D0-C724-46F0-8552-43B98B4D7691.jpegFC68FDA5-8656-47EF-9D8B-9D850FE62E22.jpegCA669702-B851-4770-BA1F-A3A4BB3668B0.jpeg

Did you get sorted with the panel size I have one stripped down I can vector up for you if you need.
I’m currently trying a few ideas out to make a 5in speaker version with maybe front Acrylic. Hence asking if you done SM and XM as that’s what I’m making it for.

View attachment 121215View attachment 121216View attachment 121217
Yes, with a help of a friend, I think I got the dimensions very close. He is going to do a final test print later today to make sure it is perfect. We could trade files if you want :)

Yes, with a help of a friend, I think I got the dimensions very close. He is going to do a final test print later today to make sure it is perfect. We could trade files if you want :)
No need to trade files your welcome to mine if yours seems a little out in any way just pm me if needed

I’ll send you the vector which is pixel perfect but be aware there are discrepancies in sterns build as my SMs left speaker has been machined about 1.5mm out so there quality control is pretty naff.
as long as you have a slight over print it will fit everyone’s fine.

how would you like the file sent? Is a PDF ok or prefer cdr AI or some other file type?

ColFEB7CD43-F880-48D4-BA9D-FCB21CD9BF97.jpegAAF35F98-88BE-4673-8B74-53BAA8B0179C.jpeg

I’ll send you the vector which is pixel perfect but be aware there are discrepancies in sterns build as my SMs left speaker has been machined about 1.5mm out so there quality control is pretty naff.
as long as you have a slight over print it will fit everyone’s fine.

how would you like the file sent? Is a PDF ok or prefer cdr AI or some other file type?

ColView attachment 121247View attachment 121248
Any format is OK for me. PDF is good. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom