What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

🏖️ Xianek's Sandbox... or the things I do, showcase, or strive for feedback.

Cirqus Voltaire
Bally 1997

High quality vector remake done by a skilled artist. This artwork is ready to print on Acrylic (Plexiglass) or real tempered glass with water-jet cut speaker grill holes.

Cirqus Voltaire V1B.jpg

1597828622370.png

1597836112868.png

1597837881477.png

Last edited:
Cirqus Voltaire
Final Candidate
Bally 1997

Here's the final candidate V1C2. I am considering 4 options: 1) Backglass (real tempered glass with water-jet cut speaker holes), 2) Backglass (real tempered glass without speaker grills, but with artwork in their place)... 3 & 4) Acrylic (Plexiglass) with and without speaker grills like options 1 and 2.

Cirqus Voltaire V1C2.jpg

I expect this to come out better than the original... We'll see.

Virtually impossible to water jet holes in tempered glass. The pierce for the slots would shatter it. It may be possible to cut in from off the side but that wouldn't be any good for what you want.

Eclipse
Gottlieb 1981

Finally done...

This took a long time to do. First it was fully recreated in vector based on a damaged backglass and pictures found on the Internet. Then, score windows were matched to James Bond backglass... Finally, colors were adjusted to get as close to the original as possible, and a complex black mask was created to block most of the light. I don't even remember all that was done. This is a direct print on 4 mm tempered glass with seemed edges. The white paint on the back is supposed to help reflect more light in the backbox.

20200824_144331s.jpg20200824_144427s.jpg20200824_144652s.jpg20200824_144752s.jpg

Star Trek
Stern

This is real tempered glass (4 mm thick) and there are a few effects... There's an invisible Star Trek logo between the top title letters that becomes visible when the backglass is illuminated. The frame around the picture is in translucent blue color, which depending on the viewing angle changes intensity. The red part of the Stern logo is also translucent which makes it glow depending on the illumination.

20200824_151110s.jpg
20200824_151144s.jpg20200824_151209s.jpg20200824_151338s.jpg

For more pictures click to see it on my Facebook page.

Last edited:
Fluorescent Pinball Leg Protectors

Fluorescent Pinball Leg Protectors. I have those available in 4 colors: Yellow, Red, Orange and Blue. The edges glow when illuminated or under UV light. Please note that this is an experimental product and comes without any warranty. This product is brittle and frequent re-use may damage the product.

20200825_102055s.jpg20200825_102727s.jpg

@xianek - why are you not doing an acrylic and a real backglass for Bally KISS ?
I know a couple of people with the german backglass or bad quality old backglasses.
It is a game that does get restored quite a bit.....

@xianek - why are you not doing an acrylic and a real backglass for Bally KISS ?
I know a couple of people with the german backglass or bad quality old backglasses.
It is a game that does get restored quite a bit.....
I will do it if there's more interest. You're the first asking about it... Unless, it has mirrored elements, then I will probably not do it for a long time. I don't remember what it looks like ATM.

The Shadow
IPD No. 2528, Bally, November, 1994

I know that many people don't like the original Translite. However, here's my proposition (V1C): I've fully retouched this, adjusted contrasts, colors and saturation, smoothed it out, removed all copyright texts, Watson's signature and the Bally logo, and I will print it with multiple layers of paint in a way that black color is going to be completely black and not penetrable by light. I think it might just come out "better than the original". What do you think?

The Shadow V1C.png

Personally my issue with this is the picture of Alec Baldwin. I've nothing against him personally (well I do but that's beside the point), it's more pictures of people on the backbox that I don't like.

Demolition man, STTNG, CSI, Soprano's, LOTR etc all seem to date a bit more because of the pictures. Elvira I quite liked because it looks like a cartoon version (and she has better knockers than Alec Baldwin) rather than a photograph.

I changed the LOTR to xianek's backglass and I'd have done the same with STTNG eventually. I just think the Enterprise looks loads better than the faces of the crew.

I agree with @Gonzo about the machines dating due to certain images on the backglass, personally I think that the backbox art and cabinet sides are fantastic on Congo but the translite suffers a lot from this ageing due to the use of characters from the film.

Swords of Fury
Speaker Panel V1B

I've finally gotten around to do a Speaker Panel for Swords of Fury. Let me know what you think. I can still change some things. Williams logo can be illuminated... In this version the score windows will be translucent red.

SoF Speaker Panel V1B.png

SoF Speaker Panel V1B Blockout.png

Obviously, I also have Swords of Fury Backglass.

Swords of Fury Backglass V2A.png

Swords of Fury Backglass V2A Blockout.png

Buck Rogers
IPD No. 39, Gottlieb, January 1980

A complete backglass remake by a friend of mine. Let me know if there's any interest in this project.

buck rogers final (low q).jpg

This version (V2C) I am quite happy with and I will get it made... But, I will continue to experiment with this.

SoF Speaker Panel V2C.png

I’m in disagreement Paul I think it suits the theme and is intergrated well. Your pic doesn’t give it justice TBH

here’s mine
View attachment 117604
Yeh, however remove the colour screen and the speaker lights, and it's a really boring basic "control panel" from the 70's....

unlike things like... ACDC...
1598467198285.png

1598467248403.png

Or TWD...
1598467326002.png

To name but two.... both a massive improvement on the original...

White Water Speaker Panel
31-1420-50018-SP

WH2O Speaker Panel V1A.png

Blockout:

WH2O Speaker Panel V1A Blockout.png

proof of work:

1598613477021.png

Last edited:
Just inquiring if you would be interested in changing
The stern Metallica Translight..
I don’t like the bass player and would like it to be changed out to Jason

If he can be as high as James in the artwork that would be ok
Pm me for a price

Cheers Dave

Attachments

• 53DBD23A-2322-48B5-BCD3-A291E2579F03.jpeg
    53DBD23A-2322-48B5-BCD3-A291E2579F03.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 26
I don’t like the bass player and would like it to be changed out to Jason
If he can be as high as James in the artwork that would be ok
Sorry mate, that's too much work. I have an improved version of this Translite with excellent contrasts, but it is as true to the original as possible.

Back
Top Bottom