What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xianek

Registered
Alias
Xianek
The purpose of this thread is for me to have a place where I can share things that I work on, or things that I find of interest. There's no main topic here. Anything goes. I also imagine it as a place for discussion and feedback. More information can be obtained on my website at xianek.eu or xianek.com. If you enjoy my work, please consider watching this thread. Cheers!

Last edited:
Today, I've finished a much improved The Getaway Translite (or Backglass). This time I've reworked and 100% vectorised the main title, the Williams logo and made some improvements. I've also removed a lot of grain noise. This is the nicest HSII up to date... At least of the ones I've done. Version: V2B.

The Getaway V2B.png

I've also fully remade speaker panel for it. And... I can now easily make custom license plates.

1596383333444.png

Last edited:
In the recent weeks prior to my vacation time, I've made a lot of improved versions of the original Translites and some remakes and alternates... I don't even have the time to photograph and feature each one separately at the moment... :)

20200803_170930.jpg

Judge Dredd Speaker Panel
V1D

A remake of the Speaker Panel for Judge Dredd. Adjusted colors, higher contrasts, more black at the top. A version with black background is coming up. The Translite was done a while ago and it looks like this. It is possible to illuminate "I am the Law" and the middle badge.

Judge Dredd Speaker Panel V1D.jpg
Judge Dredd Speaker Panel V1D 2.jpg

Translite:

Judge Dredd Translite.jpg

your work is awesome man. Have you ever redone The Shadow similar to the Aurich Version?

Today, I've finished a much improved The Getaway Translite (or Backglass). This time I've reworked and 100% vectorised the main title, the Williams logo and made some improvements. I've also removed a lot of grain noise. This is the nicest HSII up to date... At least of the ones I've done. Version: V2B.

View attachment 115432

I've also fully remade speaker panel for it. And... I can now easily make custom license plates.

View attachment 115433

Lovely work, have you by any chance worked your magic on the alternative translite for this game with the two ladies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's such good quality, I love my translite which is undoubtedly the best mod I've ever purchased.

Star Trek (Stern)

An alternate backglass for Stern's Star Trek. Cyan frame is going to be translucent. A hidden Star Trek mini logo in the middle of the title will appear when Backglass is illuminated. Title uses two top flashers and bulbs like in the original. The bottom three flashers are more/less behind meteorites. This is my proposal for the final version, so comments, suggestions or feedback is welcome.

Star Trek Translite Alternate V1D2.jpg

Version: V1D2

YOu should remove the air intake on the roof of the car in the getaway2!
I can do something like that (for free) for someone who wants it this way. Otherwise, I won't remove it, because it is a big part of the game, and this Translite is only meant to be a technical improvement to the original.

Star Trek Translite Alternate V1D3.jpg

Version: V1D3

This is a final candidate. I am 99% sure that this is the version that gets printed. I've perfected it (IMO) until I was satisfied with the result. There are a few cool tricks: high contrasts, compatible with additional lamps and flashers, Stern logo with translucent red and a black mask behind the black color on it, the cyan frame is also translucent with white "U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701" letters. I've added asteroids and made it look like Enterprise made a few loops around the planets at light speed.

^^^ looks great....
But without sounding pedantic the Enterprise wouldn’t travel at warp around planets in that fashion - not in that turning circle - radius 😂

Edit: - Unless you mean Impulse power?

Last edited:
But without sounding pedantic the Enterprise wouldn’t travel at warp around planets in that fashion - not in that turning circle - radius 😂
Edit: - Unless you mean Impulse power?
Maybe it malfunctioned :) You don't have to look at it in a way that it traveled in circles... I just thought one might.

Great work …… But,

The SS look like BB …… UBB ENTERPRIBE

Note: lose the dots …… it is USS NOT U.S.S.

and

NCC/1701 should be NCC-1701 …… straight not slanted

USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701

@xianek

I have a challenge for you, should you wish to accept it.....

1597266497100.png

Ghostbusters has possibly one of the most underwhelming Speaker surrounds on a Game.

What can you do by the way of a replacement?? :)

Great work …… But,

The SS look like BB …… UBB ENTERPRIBE

Note: lose the dots …… it is USS NOT U.S.S.

and

NCC/1701 should be NCC-1701 …… straight not slanted

USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701
Your comment refers to an older version. There was no / it is just that font looks like that. I have changed it since then. You are right about the dots. I need to remove them.

@xianek

I have a challenge for you, should you wish to accept it.....

View attachment 116386

Ghostbusters has possibly one of the most underwhelming Speaker surrounds on a Game.

What can you do by the way of a replacement?? :)
I used to have Ghostbusters Limited and I remember that the speaker panel looked pretty good... I'm on my mobile right now and I don't feel like verifying this, but perhaps the solution is to use the speaker panel from The Limited version.

For some reason I'm unable to click any of your ' Xianek's Products and Services' on your website.

I used to have Ghostbusters Limited and I remember that the speaker panel looked pretty good... I'm on my mobile right now and I don't feel like verifying this, but perhaps the solution is to use the speaker panel from The Limited version.

Nope - all the same as far as i can see.. bland and miserable :rofl:
1597391300237.png

Back
Top Bottom