What's new

Your PinLists - The Tables You’d Most Like to Own (one day)

Lroy

Registered
Just a bit of daft distraction whilst my idle flipper fingers await the day I can welcome home my first pinball machine.

What are your Top 5 Most Wanted tables? If you’re knowledgable enough to be able to add a general price to each table that would be enormously helpful and reflect our differing table budgets.

List A: The Dream List
Top 5 Dream Pins (e.g. if cash was no object, these are the machines you’d buy first)

1) Alien (Heighway Pinball) 8k?
2) Lord of the Rings - LE (Stern) 6-7k?
3) Medieval Madness - remake (CGC) 6k?
4) Monster Bash - remake (CGC) 6k?
5) Star Trek - Premium (Stern) 5k?

List B: The Real Shopping List
Top 5 Pins to Buy Next (e.g. these are the tables you’re actively looking for and can, hopefully, afford to buy in the future)

1) Junk Yard (Williams) 2k?
2) White Water (Williams) 2.5k?
3) [Incoming] Fish Tales (Williams) 2k?

[Removed] Red & Ted’s Roadshow (Williams) - Swapped out as I now think a wide body table is too big for my limited space)

4) The Getaway: High Speed II (Williams) 2k?
5) World Cup Soccer USA ‘94 (Bally) 1.5k?

Also would dearly like to own a Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams), The Sopranos (Stern), Creature From the Black Lagoon (Bally) and Scared Stiff (Bally) and many more but suspect prices would be way beyond my 1-2k budget, so would need to bump them into my ‘dream list’ but leaving that as is for now.

As stated before, this is just a bit of fun and will hopefully also give me plenty of suggestions of tables to check-out and a sense of cost to consider when adding to my own shortlist. Thanks to all who contribute a list. Feel free to edit them as desired going forward. I’m sure mine will change a lot over time.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Prices are very broad due to condition so hard to just put a price up, but I’m happy with your lotr LE as I just bought one😉
Got my dream list now hit link in signature if you want to see. I’m still grumpy😡

Prices are very broad due to condition so hard to just put a price up, but I’m happy with your lotr LE as I just bought one😉
Got my dream list now hit link in signature if you want to see. I’m still grumpy😡
Lots of Never on the list mate. :)

@M4carp Yes, I appreciate prices are very broad. Guess, condition would be optimum for a home user. So the predicted prices would ideally reflect a decent table - playable at point of purchase and not in need of any servicing straight off the bat - would be most helpful.

Can’t see you signature, to look at your list. Tried web view within TapaTalk app but still nothing.

@M4carp Yes, I appreciate prices are very broad. Guess, condition would be optimum for a home user. So the predicted prices would ideally reflect a decent table - playable at point of purchase and not in need of any servicing straight off the bat - would be most helpful.

Can’t see you signature, to look at your list. Tried web view within TapaTalk app but still nothing.

Try this👍http://www.pinballowners.com/m4carp

@M4carp Oh man, what a collection. You own twelve tables, so why the still angry remark above? (sarcasm, got it, lol!)

You’ve many amazing tables I’d love to play, let alone own. Ha! Ha!

Where do you keep your machines? Presumably you have a dedicated area with so many, out of curiosity when you were just starting out. What was your very first pin and where did that go in your home?

Last edited:
@M4carp Oh man, what a collection. You own twelve tables, so why the still angry remark above?

You’ve many amazing tables I’d love to play, let alone own. Ha! Ha!

Where do you keep your machines? Presumably you have a dedicated area with so many, out of curiosity when you were just starting out. What was your very first pin and where did that go in your home?

I’m 50 and frustrated☺️
Link to the room I recently built https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pin-chill-out-room-build.42183/

First pin I bought was in fact 4 pins from a warehouse in Portsmouth when I lived in London in about 1999, Dr Who, Xenon and 2 x Vectors. I kept them in the garden shed ready for when I moved to a big property in Wales where I set up an arcade in the garage which is massive but was too cold/humid really.

I've been fortunate enough to snag a few pins that I really wanted recently. My top list changes quite a bit, right now it's:
- Deadpool
- Batman 66
- Twilight Zone
- Medieval Madness (probably the remake though)
- Alice Cooper

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a couple of those but need to let a couple go first... ACNC would make 5 dad rock pins though (although I am buying a sub this weekend to hook them up to!).

Currently have: ACDC, Alien, AS, FG, FH, GB, GOTG, IMDN, LOTR, MET, JD, RS, SM, STTNG, TAF, TH Smaug, TOM, TS, TNA, TWD, VPin

@M4carp Just in awe of your purpose built pinball getaway. Can only imagine what it must be like to have that to enjoy. Amazing work.

Solar Fire
Kiss (Stern)
WH20
Kings and Queens
A classic rare Stern . Seawitch / quicksilver / viper / iron maiden (had before stupidly let go)

@M4carp Just in awe of your purpose built pinball getaway. Can only imagine what it must be like to have that to enjoy. Amazing work.

Just to add I collected every machine from all over the place, England , Scotland & Wales!

Lroy you need to get out and play more games man. Alien at number 1?! Holy moly.

Ha! Ha! I’m getting out and playing as much as I am able. Not sure how many different machines I’ve played in the wild now. Should do a count up, probably between 50 and 100 as it stands. Seeing as I’d never even laid hands on a real-machine until earlier this year, I’m happy with that progress.

That I’m now about to rent a table for a month and seriously intending to purchase my first table in the foreseeable future, astounds me (especially as I’m a pauper [emoji3526]). The power of pin is strong once you’ve had your first taste.

Appreciate, I’m totally green and lacking the resources (financial and skill based) compared to many here. But still a lot of fun to be had being part of this hobby/community.

I don’t have tapatalk but on my phone if you turn it sideways signatures magically appear!

Ha! Ha! I’m getting out and playing as much as I am able. Not sure how many different machines I’ve played in the wild now. Should do a count up, probably between 50 and 100 as it stands. Seeing as I’d never even laid hands on a real-machine until earlier this year, I’m happy with that progress.

That I’m now about to rent a table for a month and seriously intending to purchase my first table in the foreseeable future, astounds me (especially as I’m a pauper [emoji3526]). The power of pin is strong once you’ve had your first taste.

Appreciate, I’m totally green and lacking the resources (financial and skill based) compared to many here. But still a lot of fun to be had being part of this hobby/community.

Come to Funball - play 4 of the best collections (before those start pouting yes there are other great collections too!) in the country meet epic people and eat cake all for 22.50 although round 1 is full so do 2,3 and 4 all for £20!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@mark9 Nah, it still doesn’t display sigs [emoji2957] It’s okay. App seems to offer limited functionality on my ageing phone. No bother.

If it’s as reliable as it usually is - neither will anybody else!

1, AFM
2, medieval madness
3, ac/dc Prem
4,sttng
5, Flash Gordon

Not many pins I don’t like though, and luckily own the ones I wanted including the above,
Also don’t think afm or AC/DC would leave the 10 pins I have set up in the house, (afm remake currently there but would be swapped for the real one I own if times were hard )

I would need to keep what I have already.
Need to sell the pool table to get room which would give me space for another 3:-
1. Kiss LE
2. Tron LE
3. Deadpool Premium

1, AFM
2, medieval madness
3, ac/dc Prem
4,sttng
5, Flash Gordon

Not many pins I don’t like though, and luckily own the ones I wanted including the above,
Also don’t think afm or AC/DC would leave the 10 pins I have set up in the house, (afm remake currently there but would be swapped for the real one I own if times were hard )

Tony has a pin list for “deep freeze” only.

LOTR is top by some distance. I am a massive Tolkien fan as well as lover of pinball. I have some wonderful custom pieces made for me by Weta Workshop which I've been saving for the day I have my own machine.

Being a newbie I can't speak pinballish yet so excuse the lack of abbreviation and code for each machine.

Indiana Jones
Star Trek NG
Guns & Roses

I've never played a JJP machine so can't really say any of them although they do look spectacular as does Game of Thrones (GOT I presume? :cool: )

@Gonzo Fellow newbie buddy. Saw your glowing review of POPEYE and then noticed one is up for sale. Mighty tempting just hesitant as never played the game myself and not in the know when it comes to replacement parts.

@Gonzo Fellow newbie buddy. Saw your glowing review of POPEYE and then noticed one is up for sale. Mighty tempting just hesitant as never played the game myself and not in the know when it comes to replacement parts.

Go play as many pins as you can and form and idea of what you like in a game, what era and manufacturer you prefer.

Alien - the worlds most expensive paper weight..... Joking apart its a good game.

Must say I have pretty well owned most DMD games built over the years.

Had a CC but would love a CCC (was not even thought of when I had one before!)
Aerosmith Premium or LE - I love the PRO (that I now own) - just fancy a Premium/LE if one shows up.
Stern Star Trek LE or Premium - a great game
Big Bang Bar - play it on virtual pinball and love it. Capcom make some great games (like Airbourne and Break shot - as well as Pinball Magic)
Monster bash remake with large display - I think this is an amazing game, best of the remakes. Had quite a few (and restored) the original.

Hello mate, are you new to pinball itself or just the forum out of interest?

Just to quantify the whole Popeye thing . . . .

I have wanted a pin for 20 + years but was lucky enough that an old friend had two at his house so have always been able to play. I was waiting for a LOTR but when one came up it was from Home Leisure and would have involved finance. I guess that would have been fine if pinball was my first or main hobby but it isn't so committing myself to 60 months of repayments just didn't appeal.

To be honest I was so blinkered I hadn't really considered any other machine but I joined a FaceBook pinball group on which I stupidly announced that I had £3k to spend on a machine. As you can imagine I was inundated with messages but one chap called Mark (very well known in the community apparently) messaged me and asked to speak to me to give me some advice.

He didn't want to sell me anything but was concerned that I was being offered machines at very inflated prices. We spoke for an hour on the phone and he gave me some great advice and after a gauging what I liked he suggested getting a Bally/Williams DMD for less that £2k as my first machine.

Whilst I wasn't looking for a Popeye in particular, when I saw it on eBay it ticked all of the boxes. It was a Bally DMD and crucially was clearly from someone who owned a lot of pinball machines and knew their stuff. I phoned him up and we got on well immediately, he offered to deliver the machine and drive up from the West Country and spend some time teaching me to play it and work the menus.

Obviously I'd read the Popeye reviews on Pinside (something I'd advise if you're considering it) and read a few derogatory write-ups about it. However I was able to look at it with detachment. One of my hobbies is photography and I'm very aware of how the cliques & amateur photographers can be scathing about perfectly good cameras and lenses. So I concentrated on the positives and appreciated that I was buying a compromise machine for £1600 rather than the £5k LOTR I'd been waiting for.

As for the game . . . I love it and after 2 months of owning it I still play it every day. Sometimes I'm crap (most times in fact 😬) but when I get on a roll and start hitting ramps, lighting spinach cans and giving Bluto a good kicking it's a thrilling experience. Popey is hard, it can be very unforgiving sometimes and I'm not entirely sure the angles and geometry were fully thought out. The ball dispensing system from the wheel can be infuriating when it drains the ball down the side before you've had a chance to hit it and the machine is poorly lit at the back.

However it is far from boring. Even when I'm angry with it I go back for more and try to win. The loops are great, the ramp is rewarding when hit and whilst the upper playfield is hard to learn it's really good. There is a very difficult sequence which involves making a shot to the top level, selecting an option for extra ball then a really tricky shot off the small left flipper on the upper playfield to gain the reward . . . . . I love it.

Added to the fact that the final multiball see's 6 of the little silver things flying around makes it a mental finale. It's also worth pointing out that playing on an unforgiving machine has improved my gameplay hugely and I now find my mates TOM & BK far easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom