What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Dream Pinball Theme?

Harry Potter is the obvious one - but apart from that I’d love to see Wayne’s World, Parks and Recreation, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Archer.

Such a shame that they used Keith Elwin’s Archer design for Iron Maiden, would have bought it in an instant if they’d stuck with Archer.

Edit: I’d also love an It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia machine. Could be hilarious.

Yeah definitely. I worked on the 2015(?) video game.
Humour me, if you would be so gracious (and hopefully unburdened by NDA) - the game was originally going to be loads bigger with DLC planned, right? There's WAY too much buried out in the Great White that you can only see with a God mode cheat enabled...
Sodding Warner Bros and their financial chicanery.

One of those IS the elderly actress 😂 Clue...she isn't Irish. Or a man.

I guessed you where referring to Judi, that’s why I mentioned her by name, my point was if SEGA managed it, why couldn’t Stern or JJP do it again using movie assets from the newer Craig movies (guessing they would go with the newer films).

I guessed you where referring to Judi, that’s why I mentioned her by name, my point was if SEGA managed it, why couldn’t Stern or JJP do it again using movie assets from the newer Craig movies (guessing they would go with the newer films).
My completely wild guesses: It's just a super-duper expensive license with unclear sales potential, in general. She's an extreme example of why the license is expensive, as opposed to being the only reason.

My completely wild guesses: It's just a super-duper expensive license with unclear sales potential, in general. She's an extreme example of why the license is expensive, as opposed to being the only reason.

Star Wars had to be fairly costly and Stern managed to get a tonne of video and audio assets from the OT, all after the Disney buy out, so there was probably a hefty Disney premium on that deal to boot.

Would Bond really cost more than Star Wars? I honestly don’t know but Star Wars has to be one of the biggest licences in the world.

And I still believe if SEGA could do it with Goldeneye, Stern or JJP can do it again especially considering where NIB prices are now.

Brexit Pinball
The upper playfield has a pop-up Nigel Farage. You become Angela Merkel and must knock the Brexit party leader out of the EU parliament before Jean-Claude Juncker gets p1ssed and falls asleep.

Didya know Juncker was a pinhead?

This. Licenced games are difficult and expensive to work with full stop. There's a lot of creative limitations to work within and a lot expensive people that need paying for not actually doing anything. Having said that, it should be a bit cheaper now with a change of M.

Last edited:
Humour me, if you would be so gracious (and hopefully unburdened by NDA) - the game was originally going to be loads bigger with DLC planned, right? There's WAY too much buried out in the Great White that you can only see with a God mode cheat enabled...
Sodding Warner Bros and their financial chicanery.
Yes there was a lot of dlc planned. Years of it. Unfortunately it didn't sell as well as anticipated. Personally I felt it deviated far too much from the original films. Not one mohican. Plus the protagonist was about as bland as possible. Not a bad game apart from that. But a difficult sell. WB were a great publisher though, I can't fault them.

Last edited:
This. Licenced games are difficult and expensive to work with full stop. There's a lot of creative limitations to work within and a lot expensive people that need paying for not actually doing anything. Having said that, it should be a bit cheaper now with a change of M.
Would it not be make more commercial sense to do a 007 theme late 60s - 70s era - eliminate the expensive assets?
Think I’d rather have it more retro with Connery and Moore....

Last edited:
Beavis and Butthead for me.

I scrolled all the way to the end for my suggestion of Beavis and Butthead only to have robotgreg beat me to it! :)
Stern or JJP only needs to pay 1 voiceover artist so it seems a bargain!

Last edited:
Yes there was a lot of dlc planned. Years of it. Unfortunately it didn't sell as well as anticipated. Personally I felt it deviated far too much from the original films. Not one mohican. Plus the protagonist was about as bland as possible. Not a bad game apart from that. But a difficult sell. WB were a great publisher though, I can't fault them.
Ah, that's a bloody shame. It had its great moments in there, but I had the impression it sold okay. I had suspected WB had stopped it because of the whole fight over Goerge Miller's payments for Fury Road which had seemingly halted any further talk of sequels for a film that did really damn well - perhaps I pre-judged them unfairly there. I'd also seen them pour a bunch of money into struggling MKX's PC port so I thought there had to be an exterior reason for them just leaving the game out to dry.

Stern would probably put hi def rendered graphics in of hills and forts etc* for mine craft when it would suit their normal blocky graphics 🤣

*showing my extensive knowledge of mine craft there 😎

For some reason I've had the theme tune in my head for a couple of days (no idea why), then I remembered this thread.

Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons.

Loads of characters, infinite lives in Capt Scarlet mode, 'THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MYSTERONS. WE KNOW YOU CAN HEAR US EARTHLINGS' call out, animations from the show, SIG rollovers, loads of vehicles for playfield toys. What's not to like?

Stew

Back
Top Bottom