What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC-S Backbox Boards

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Hi all - I just wanted to check what boards I'd need for an empty WPC-S backbox. I think these should do it:
I can't find a Sound-board for sale - anyone got one? Or can I use pinsound instead? (Just found out how much pinsound is and I would like to avoid paying that...

Also I assume these don't come with cables - best place to sort those?

sound/display boards are always challenging and they are pricey when you find them.

Anyone who has got a Pinsound board will have the old sound board floating around somewhere in a box under their machine. There must be plenty of people here with Pinsound boards so there must be a few of the original boards around. I've got a spare WPC-95 sound board as I have a pinsound in my Roadshow, but that won't work in The Shadow afaik.

Dont forget with a WPC-S Cpu board , you also need the correct PIC security chip for the game. Its also nice to get one with the proper serial number in for the game to, though there is a way to use any pic chip also.

I may have some WPC and WPC-S boards , will have a look shortly

I started working on this page to track boards:

I have a pinled board in my BSD for display and it seems to be working well.
Also, if you are going for a newer LED display that is powered seperately, you won't need the HV on the display board, which again gives you second hand options.
I now have a infrared heat camera to try again to isolate what IC has actually gone on my original display board.

I would say Tilt audio does have issues as the guy who makes them is a nightmare.

Seriously - just throw in a pinsound. It is rock solid - it works.

May have a soudboard but its the early wpc one. I guess you will be looking for a DCS board?

Dont forget your ribbon cable!

Back
Top Bottom