What's new

WPC-S Backbox Boards

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Hi all - I just wanted to check what boards I'd need for an empty WPC-S backbox. I think these should do it:
I can't find a Sound-board for sale - anyone got one? Or can I use pinsound instead? (Just found out how much pinsound is and I would like to avoid paying that...

Also I assume these don't come with cables - best place to sort those?

sound/display boards are always challenging and they are pricey when you find them.

Anyone who has got a Pinsound board will have the old sound board floating around somewhere in a box under their machine. There must be plenty of people here with Pinsound boards so there must be a few of the original boards around. I've got a spare WPC-95 sound board as I have a pinsound in my Roadshow, but that won't work in The Shadow afaik.

Dont forget with a WPC-S Cpu board , you also need the correct PIC security chip for the game. Its also nice to get one with the proper serial number in for the game to, though there is a way to use any pic chip also.

I may have some WPC and WPC-S boards , will have a look shortly

I started working on this page to track boards:

I have a pinled board in my BSD for display and it seems to be working well.
Also, if you are going for a newer LED display that is powered seperately, you won't need the HV on the display board, which again gives you second hand options.
I now have a infrared heat camera to try again to isolate what IC has actually gone on my original display board.

I would say Tilt audio does have issues as the guy who makes them is a nightmare.

Seriously - just throw in a pinsound. It is rock solid - it works.

May have a soudboard but its the early wpc one. I guess you will be looking for a DCS board?

Dont forget your ribbon cable!

Back
Top Bottom