What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woz

Rainbow plastic looks tacky as hell otherwise the machine looks a peach, looks way more refined than a Stern at a glance, more attention to detail and custom made toys not stuff you can buy from Tesco, let's hope the print artwork is way better than Sterns Photoshop effort and it feels more like a Bally-Williams in weight and robustness, that would reset the bar which can only be a good thing, nice to see a new company making machines, hats off to Jersey Jack
wink-1.png

The only other thing which I don't like is the coloured wireforms, gold is fine but any other colour make the wire forms look plastic and cheap, unless anodised which is fine in any colour.

It looks like this is going to be a great machine. The quality is already shining through. I'm not a fan of the theme but I don't think that matters with pinball if the gameplay is good.

It's going to weigh an absolute tonne though!

jonathan' date=' post: 1693853 said:
First Beta nearly due to go on site! Love the theme or hate it, that looks great!

Disagree. It may have lots of technology and a beautiful finish, but looking at the completed(ish?) playfield in the above picture, it's a mess. There're too many colours and too much 'stuff' on there, I think they've gone too far. Something I really dislike are the lines around Tin-man and Lionheart in the middle of the playfield. I'd suggest that they're there so you can make them out against the rest of the colours, and you only need to do that because it has too much colour there already. Stern also put gold lines around everything on the LOTR LE backglass and it looks crap.

Looking forward to playing WOZ though, as the proof is in the pudding and the music I've heard so far is promising. I hope it has it's own individual feel to it, like a Bally or Gottlieb or Stern and not just like a new Williams. I'm not really fussed about the LCD either, it might look good in attract mode, but I never get a chance to look at the display during gameplay. Hopefully though, Jack's promise that it'll have stuff that I didn't even realise I wanted will stretch to the display also!

The artwork was severely restricted by warner brothers. The overwhelming consensus on pinside is that this is the nicest looking pin since the bally/Williams days. Compare it to a TRS/Avatar/AC DC. Of course that's not to say it will play well but time will tell

It's certainly colourful. Personally it's not for me in the looks stakes, but then neither is WPT and that's a great game, I look forward to being able to play one at some point

Comparison with the Stern's latest offering. Some will say it is pointless comparing but they are both a similar price and they are the only 2 big players in the game currently so here it is.

SPIACDCPremiumLELoplayfield-1.jpg

wozcabinetreal-1.jpg

Loving the monkey that picks up the ball and takes it to the castle .... great stuff !

Overall playfield looks good. Got to say the only part I'm a little underwhelmed by is the backbox . I actually would prefer a smaller screen and a decent backglass/translite image.

Wow - gotta say the playfield is looking amazing. Hopefully it'll maintain a healthy flow and not be too stop/start with all the mini playfields and gizmos. The monkey lift could get annoying if it interupts play too frequently, unless it is nice and pacey. I'm just praying WOZ is a success as I want JJP to stay in the game and release the rumoured Hobbit. I've resisted the acdc (despite it blending my two loves!) as I don't think it justifies 5k, but the more i see of JJP, the more I am thinking their next release could be my first BIN.

I came very close to buying this but in the end the theme just scared me to much. I think it looks top banana and know it will do well but its not for me in my collection. Like already said I will look forward to playing it but not owning one.

Hopefully the following titles will be more tempting.

D.

Same here;) Love the colour changing lights and they make AC/DC seem out of date already.

Still can't get past the music or theme but think of what his next few pins are going to be like:)

Back
Top Bottom