What's new

Woz

Looks like another thread thats been 'deleted by accident'. Happened with the p3 thread too. Getting tiresome now..... C'mon Paul, whats up with this sh*t?

Rus,

Tis my fault.

the RSS feed from Pinballnews is broke, so keeps re-posting selected titles. I have to go in and delete them manually - if i get all blase and delete them without checking (as a matter of course) i sometimes think onw already exists when it doesnt.

I'll try to be more careful - promise...

Sorry

Paul

EDIT - Hold on - which WOZ thread are we on about - i only touch things in the pinball news forum........

Have just checked the logs. Apparently i deleted it at 10:31 this morning. However i dont remember doing it. I suspect my 2 year old on the keyboard...

Please accept my apologies (I'm REALLY annoyed now). I cant get it back unless i restore the DB, and that means we'll loose everything else today.

I realise how much hard work went into that thread. All i can say is that i'm gutted
sad-1.png

I'm really sorry Jonathan and all
sad-1.png

Paul

**** happens fella.

you do a lot of work running this site for zero money and loads of hassle so don't beat yourself up about it.

smile-1.png

I really am ****ed off about it tho Jonathan spent a LOT of time on that thread - it was almost like a timeline in the process of the creation.

Jonathan - if you can be bothered to list as much of it as you can in a new thread again, i'll sticky it.... It's the least i can do....

I'll just do an aggregated post tomorrow of all the latest pics. Some of the older stuff was outdated anyway

Good on you Jonathan, enjoyed that thread. Is there a pic of the completed playfield yet?

Here's most of the old pics. The list of things confirmed but otherwise pretty much unknown are

The Wi-Fi connection

The Interactive topper

The 'unique' wooden apron

All plastics

The Witches Castle

The Witch

The Flying Monkey

The Rainbow Plastic

The Crystal Ball

Colour changing LEDs

Audio Jack

and lots more . . . .

In fact Jack has been pretty astute in so much as he has 'leaked' an awful lot of nothing over the past 12months. We have the cabinet art, the playfield art and that's about it!

WozPF-1.jpg

54-1.jpg

56-1.jpg

67-1.jpg

68-1.jpg

wozpopbumper-1.jpg

69-1.jpg

65-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

I'll be honest, I was hoping for a more hand drawn look to the whole playfield rather than just the mini PFs and parts of the rest of the PF. Reading between the lines though it seems there were lots of restrictions put on JJP by WB as they keep very close tabs on their licence and it still makes them a lot of money to this day.

With that it mind I think they did a pretty great job and easily superior to the best selling Sterns of the last 10-15 years.

I also love how they have progressed the story throughout the playfield. The monochrome twister at the bottom leading onto the yellow brick road. Then shooting off to Munkin land and the Haunted forest. Before leading on to the Witches castle, Dorothys house and the Emerald City. Lots of little parts of the film thrown in too with the horses of a different colour, Toto, Flying Monkey, Melting Witch, Crystal Ball, Lit up Wizards head etc. etc. Those 2 fireballs on the PF are magnets too which should be interesting.

So yeah, was hoping for a more hand drawn approach but I think the final product was more down to WBs refusal to budge than JJP. I also reckon that once the plastics and all the mechs are on the PF it will come together brilliantly. The mock up above already looks great imo and thats still missing loads

WozPF-1.jpg

When you see the stern pf's like that, not a great deal of imagination has gone into potc and fg!! Lotr looks good though.

I think Tron an IM are the best looking playfields out of that lot. They also happen to be the two best games of recent stern offerings.....

Really hate the low res images on sterns, but i bet that will change with newer titles.

Things will start to change at Stern as they will now need to at least keep up with the new kid on the block.

It's been confirmed that it's been scrapped, or was a red herring in the first place

Center drain bad boy eh? I'm game......

I think the artwork looks great in that last pic. Wont be long now....

Back
Top Bottom