What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOZ on location?

System11

Registered
Does anyone know of any WOZ machines on location? I'd like to play one and I have 2 weeks of annual leave and not much to do with them.

There is also one in the Majestic Amusements arcade on Great Yarmouth seafront if you fancy a trip to the Norfolk coast.

randomly stumbled across a WOZ in Guilty by association bar in the northern quarter in Manchester. Was a great surprise.

Seem to find a new machine in the city centre every couple of months.

Which other games do they have there? I'm in Cambridge.

I was in Great Yarmouth at Easter. There was a poorly South Park next to WOZ that was switched off, and a nice playing Stern CSI in the Gold Rush arcade a couple of hundred yards down the road too.

I seem to remember that the WOZ was quite dark and probably had some playfield GI illumination not working.

Edit: WOZ and SP are also perched on a ledge with no legs fitted, so no nudging!

Last edited:
note to everyone - please use www.pinformer.co.uk more than you are doing at present. it is dying. it is like a baby tiger, it is endangered and the only chance it has of survival is if it is fed every 15-20 minutes. someone on here needs to tell it about either a no-longer-valid sighting (THE MOST IMPORTANT!) or an update, or, heavens forbid, a new sighting.

this thing only works if we all use it. sorry to nag, but guys WHAT THE **** please update it every time you go to a 'venue'
that is all

IMG_3684.JPG

Well said @cooldan :thumbs:

I play quite a lot of location pinball around the country. I'll normally only update a location on Pinformer if something has changed or it hasn't been updated in the last year.

It's a great asset when looking for a game to play in a strange city, let's all keep it accurate and up to date! :)

I suggest going to Chief Coffee in London.

Their games are very well maintained, and they have other decent machines to play if you find yourself waiting for the WOZ (it's their most played machine by some margin I think). Going to random seaside arcades or bars, it might be a wasted trip.

I play quite a lot of location pinball around the country. I'll normally only update a location on Pinformer if something has changed or it hasn't been updated in the last year. It's a great asset when looking for a game to play in a strange city, let's all keep it accurate and up to date! :)
cheers Keith. i think the biggest problem is when people go to a venue and the pin has been removed and they don't tell anyone. but people like you, updating it all the time, you're it's lifeblood. when's the last time anyone called you that, eh?

Could be one in Aberdeen according to Pinformer! Also a private collection of 24 machines listed just south of Aberdeen.

cheers Keith. i think the biggest problem is when people go to a venue and the pin has been removed and they don't tell anyone. but people like you, updating it all the time, you're it's lifeblood. when's the last time anyone called you that, eh?
I keep updating pinformer Dan

note to everyone - please use www.pinformer.co.uk more than you are doing at present. it is dying. it is like a baby tiger, it is endangered and the only chance it has of survival is if it is fed every 15-20 minutes. someone on here needs to tell it about either a no-longer-valid sighting (THE MOST IMPORTANT!) or an update, or, heavens forbid, a new sighting.

this thing only works if we all use it. sorry to nag, but guys WHAT THE **** please update it every time you go to a 'venue'
that is all

View attachment 29255
I look at it but tbh unless a sighting has been updated in the last month I generally don't trust it..... From experience of wasted journeys.,.. There needs to be an option on there for people to easily confirm a pin is still there, as opposed to having to edit a sighting.

I would still always phone ahead if you ate going out of your way.

Would be good if the Ops could update pinformer when the move the pins around or take on a new site. I know it's more work for them but it'll help keep the information fresh, and keep us visiting new locations to play their machines.

I'm pretty sure some of them are fictional as I've googled places and they didn't even exist. I even street viewed the location to find this certain pub and i couldn't find it. Who am i to say it doesn't exist without going there myself and investigating the area. Wasted time though

that is all

View attachment 29255
I update it for sites in South Wales.

I updated wells-next-the-sea in norfolk the other day. I agree we need to keep it up to date - if we don't who will?

As for phoning ahead - ever called a pub that pinformer says had a pin years ago? 'Err hello there - do you have a pinball machine?'.................'Pardon?'

Well I'm heading to London now then - unfortunately their phone number is diverting and there's a message about moving to Hackney and I can't even make out what that company name is. However someone posted a photo on Twitter just yesterday outside the venue so I'm pretty sure it's still there....

After this thread I was inspired enough to update the SWL listing on pinformer. Only a couple of years out of date and it was still saying next door as the venue... :oops:

It's part of the fun of location pinball to check out all these old locations and see if a game is still there. It's even more fun to find a brand new location with a pin!

Well I am in London today so I popped in to Chief this morning. WOZ has been moved next to the window, presumably so that the player can actually see what is going on.

I later visited Shepherds Bush Brewdog. Matt rolled up with a brand new Full Throttle machine, so I helped him set it up in there. A very nice fast flowing game, although lots of air balls and occasional stuck ball. I don't know how well the game will hold up on location with lots of lost balls.

Pinformer to update later...

I'm pretty sure some of them are fictional as I've googled places and they didn't even exist. I even street viewed the location to find this certain pub and i couldn't find it. Who am i to say it doesn't exist without going there myself and investigating the area. Wasted time though
yeah,some **** was listing a load of pins in the 'hot sauce hotel' in sheffield......no such place!

Well thumbs up to Chief Coffee - nice location. LOVED WOZ!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

They had everything on their site and all in good running order, except Monster Bash which was turned off. Put about £20 in the machines.

Happy I didn't buy a Star Trek now, nice flow but too much arrow shooting. Game Of Thrones volume was up too loud. I still hate CV. Very quiet there so got to hog the WOZ for 90 mins or so, they need to dial down the free game score!

They had everything on their site and all in good running order, except Monster Bash which was turned off. Put about £20 in the machines.

Happy I didn't buy a Star Trek now, nice flow but too much arrow shooting. Game Of Thrones volume was up too loud. I still hate CV. Very quiet there so got to hog the WOZ for 90 mins or so, they need to dial down the free game score!

WOZ did seem very easy to get free games on. Same with Monster Bash.

My opinion about GoT too ... when someone is playing it you can't hear any other game in the room. I think that's why they've now put it on its own, where WOZ used to be.

Still think it's really sad that Chief isn't open in the evening.

My opinion about GoT too ... when someone is playing it you can't hear any other game in the room. I think that's why they've now put it on its own, where WOZ used to be.

They could just ... turn the volume down. I'm extremely tempted to cancel my GB and buy a WOZ instead, it was just a lovely game to play. My only complaint is the mid lower flipper, you can't see the feed which makes it hard to actually use for shots. Not sure if the magnet was out or maybe old code, as it looks like it's supposed to hold and drop but never did. I really like the rainbow targets, funny how 5 minutes on a game can teach you all the people saying you can't hit the R and A are talking utter ********. Even I could hit them on purpose from a careful left flipper shot, and I'm rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom