What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Whitewater Rebuild......

Got one sorted (Many thanks for the offer mate!), however it's currently "stuck in the post" :( :(

Certainly was... ParcelFarce 48 hour... taking 4 days :mad:

I have it now though. More pics tomorrow night hopefully.... :D

So the latest as of a few days ago....

Paint Match testing against the new Planetary Pinball Decals...

View attachment 2582

View attachment 2583

Near enough a perfect match as far as i can see :) Cab top - decal below :)
Thats using Halfords own "Peugeot Indego Blue" car spray (thanks for the heads up Daz!)...

Head top done first - sides done next :)

View attachment 2589View attachment 2590

View attachment 2591

So all done other than the back...

View attachment 2593
View attachment 2594

Nice sharp edges too :) ...

View attachment 2595

So just the back of the head to go.... Which has already started whilst we have good weather... :)
So the latest as of a few days ago....

Paint Match testing against the new Planetary Pinball Decals...

View attachment 2582

View attachment 2583

Near enough a perfect match as far as i can see :) Cab top - decal below :)
Thats using Halfords own "Peugeot Indego Blue" car spray (thanks for the heads up Daz!)...

Head top done first - sides done next :)

View attachment 2589View attachment 2590

View attachment 2591

So all done other than the back...

View attachment 2593
View attachment 2594

Nice sharp edges too :) ...

View attachment 2595

So just the back of the head to go.... Which has already started whilst we have good weather... :)
hi I'm just about to start a restoration soon and looking to buy decals from planetary pinball and just wondered what they were like to deal with and what was the import tax like. Great work with the pin this thread is what brought me to the forums cheers luke

hi I'm just about to start a restoration soon and looking to buy decals from planetary pinball and just wondered what they were like to deal with and what was the import tax like. Great work with the pin this thread is what brought me to the forums cheers luke

What machine are the decals for ?
You may be able to get better from elsewhere. All depends on what title your pin is.

Just make sure you buy from a trusted seller.
Best for me are the next gen decals, they don't fade like the orignals so are better and the quality is top drawer.
Try all the british sellers first Pinball Heaven , Pinball Maina etc. first, as buying abrord can incure import duty.
Try direct for the next gen decals Mr Pinball AU if no luck with the British sellers.

Best for me are the next gen decals, they don't fade like the orignals so are better and the quality is top drawer.

I agree with Russ, they are good quality but I've just done a comparison with 2 sets of TOTAN decals I have, one set old stock and one set Next Gen. The colours on the Next Gen set (on the right) are quite a bit out from the originals (on the left), almost a green instead of blue? Might not bother some people but I'm using the original set for my restore.

TOTAN SBS.jpg

That is a good example of the colour difference and I know for your rebuilds you want the best possible. It also looks like there are less dots so hatching can be seen.
Luckily I am partial colour blind in that blue/green area of the spectrum so would happily take either set. ;)

I agree with Russ, they are good quality but I've just done a comparison with 2 sets of TOTAN decals I have, one set old stock and one set Next Gen. The colours on the Next Gen set (on the right) are quite a bit out from the originals (on the left), almost a green instead of blue? Might not bother some people but I'm using the original set for my restore.

View attachment 3796
What company do you use for your decals

What company do you use for your decals

I've bought decal sets from everyone. I always try Phil at Pinball Heaven first, then everyone else. I generally find that shipping from Australia (Mr. Pinball/PSPA/Planetary) is less than what the US companies charge so I go to them first. Always scour the eBay site too, that's where I've bought most of my NOS sets from.

Just looking at those pics tells me I would use the NOS originals. Surely there must be some sort of UV protective clear you could use to protect them from fade?

New toys as back off holidays...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385290184.082338.jpg

And there's a new pf to go with it!!!..... So much for a minor rebuild..!!!!

Noooo.... Came with everything else tho (new ramps/boulders/decals)....

haha - The cab etc is minty complete, however rather than slot the old PF in it seems rude to do half a job - so it'll be a few weeks yet before it's complete.... Looking to get Wh20 complete before Christmas, before then moving onto addams :) If all goes to plan. Which it never does. Need to get another load of stuff plated before I'm onto the large pf....

Back
Top Bottom