What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Whitewater Rebuild......

Oy!! I'm hoping to have this all up and work ing in 3 months... leate the bottom half of the PF is populated, apart from a few wires that need some TLC....

Bring it over here, you beat me to the purchase but it doesn't mean I can't do the project. ;)

Dibs when you remember (probably in about 6 months time) that you still have this sat in the boxes, still waiting for you to finish those other projects :)

I say this with the confidence of a man who very nearly did the same thing, had you not got there first.

I think I put dibs on this in my PM to Paul telling him he was a bar-steward for beating me to it yet probably also saved me from having my wife to be leave me before we actually got married. ;)

Worst bit is I have to get it all unloaded, and load the car up again with a machine to drop off, and all before tomorrow morning, whilst working, and trying to find somewhere to put it all!! :D

Stressed?? maybe a little!!

Great project there and it seems you are the envy of the group.
Shame its going to sit there while you get the energy built up to actually get it done.
How long have you been building up to getting your TAF finished ?
Good luck with it pal, I can see it now, Bigfoot sitting in the electric chair on TAF and Thing picking up thr ball on the upper playfield on Whitewater. Keep both games well away from each other.

Ok so - Short of dragging the Head into a paint match place and saying "scan and match that, and produce me a couple of aerosols of it", any clues as to how i can get a colour match for the Blues? Take the Decals in and ask them to colour match the blue in the decals a better idea???

Also any advice as to where to get the paint produced as a spray can rather than a Paint on paint??

Need to dig my orbital sander out (Rather than the belt sander that i made a mess with on my TAF!!....)

You need a new playfield set for that Paul to finish it off, I know someone who has a cheap set :)

Good luck with this. I stripped and rebuilt mine a few months back and thought that was a challenge....!

Paint is a sod to match. I only needed to touch up the back box and ended up mixing two different enamel blues. Got it close but can still see the difference slightly.

WW is worth all the effort. :)

Personally if it was me Paul I think you would be better off finding a blue that is pretty much spot on and respray the whole thing rather than just the cab. You won't have to worry about it not matching.

I'm sure there's a Peugeot colour that's a good match it might be Indigo blue but I can't remember

any clues as to how i can get a colour match for the Blues? Take the Decals in and ask them to colour match the blue in the decals a better idea???

Also any advice as to where to get the paint produced as a spray can rather than a Paint on paint??

Need to dig my orbital sander out (Rather than the belt sander that i made a mess with on my TAF!!....)

Pinball Universe sell small pots of WH20 blue paint for touch ups if you want to get a sample. He WILL ship to Europe despite what the website says - just email him and ask.

http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

Cheers GrizZ - i remember ordering one last time i had a Wh20 - obviously that went when i got rid the first time....

And an umbrella;-) well I am from the south!!! I need to do the inside of the cab and back box touch ups I'm guessing the ounce pots won't be big enough

Ok so have made a start on the backbox earlier this evening....

DSC03040 (2).jpg

Above original condition backbox - looking shabby - some repairs attempted, however it'll be hacked back to bare wood, existing filler removed and replaced by my favourite Epoxy putty for a hard finish...

DSC03039.JPG
DSC03038.JPG

DSC03059.JPGDSC03076.JPG

DSC03072.JPG

So currently waiting around 24/48 hours for the epoxy to harden before a good sanding on these to hopefully give a good base surface....

Now starting to strip the Cab as it's dark out - it's full of cables/speakers etc etc from the backbox, and lots of stuff that will need a good cleaning (or plating...)....

Back
Top Bottom