What's new

Which one of your machines is closest to the door ?

Dreads' date=' post: 1678115 said:
Seriously, they totally ruin it, 80% drain off them on my machine, maybe it's setup for Nick to play on it not some mere mortal like me LOL

Something not right there ...... yes drains are a danger from the Town Square but not to that extent ! :eek: Even Pat Lawlor himself admits that maybe the positioning of those pops was not his best idea
biggrin-1.png

You know that some TZs had extra posts/rubber just above the lower pop to prevent some drains. I think the earlier ones (? could be wrong), then some later machines had the posts removed but the holes left and plugged, and then the rest had no posts or holes.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678278 said:
Something not right there ...... yes drains are a danger from the Town Square but not to that extent ! :eek: Even Pat Lawlor himself admits that maybe the positioning of those pops was not his best idea
biggrin-1.png

Hi Ive, mine is a later one without that extra post, think the one on Ebay for £4k has the post (white clock face) would possibly make a lot of difference to drains, thing is the initial skill shot always results in a shot from the rocket which ends up in them pop bumpers, I get drains straight from the pop's down the middle or more annoyingly from the pops down the LH drain, basically you can loose a ball straight from the get go without it even touching a flipper bat, now that is just not cricket, 1st ball lost straight away means you are setup for a crap game before you even start. (even the BSD renown for ball drains is easier to play IMO and that machine eats balls
biggrin-1.png
)

I have adjusted the left post to both extremes but can’t really notice much benefit, OK I am not a big player, don’t have the time and will never compete, on top of that I can’t nudge due to a foooooooooooked left elbow joint (due to excessive nudging) so I know that getting a good score is a challenge on this machine but it’s the only title I have not DMD, beat Stans score on the WH20, (set to his settings with very little room for nudging, tilt set to unforgiving and no ball save), managed to get 700 mill or something daft on IJ (top score) so I can’t be that crap but my TZ does not want my stamp on it, highest score still NIK (750 mill or something) sorry to ramble, time to get a life methinks.

OK even if I get the bumper drains sorted, any suggestions for eliminating that depressing music, have had to hide any lengths of rope and/or sharp objects when I play it, is it possible to rip out the sound rom and replace it with some Dolly Parton?
rolleyes-1.gif

Dreads' date=' post: 1678281 said:
Hi Ive, mine is a later one without that extra post, think the one on Ebay for £4k has the post (white clock face) would possibly make a lot of difference to drains, thing is the initial skill shot always results in a shot from the rocket which ends up in them pop bumpers, I get drains straight from the pop's down the middle or more annoyingly from the pops down the LH drain, basically you can loose a ball straight from the get go without it even touching a flipper bat, now that is just not cricket, 1st ball lost straight away means you are setup for a crap game before you even start. (even the BSD renown for ball drains is easier to play IMO and that machine eats balls
biggrin-1.png
)

Yeah - does suck when that happens. Thats why I generally avoid the skill shot and just plunge it straight into the scoop. Do you have the Home ROM ? You can turn 'ball saver' option on with that ....good for your sanity
wink-1.png

I have adjusted the left post to both extremes but can’t really notice much benefit, OK I am not a big player, don’t have the time and will never compete, on top of that I can’t nudge due to a foooooooooooked left elbow joint (due to excessive nudging) so I know that getting a good score is a challenge on this machine but it’s the only title I have not DMD, beat Stans score on the WH20, (set to his settings with very little room for nudging, tilt set to unforgiving and no ball save), managed to get 700 mill or something daft on IJ (top score) so I can’t be that crap but my TZ does not want my stamp on it, highest score still NIK (750 mill or something) sorry to ramble, time to get a life methinks.

Think my current highest is something like 2.5 billion ... :cool:

OK even if I get the bumper drains sorted, any suggestions for eliminating that depressing music, have had to hide any lengths of rope and/or sharp objects when I play it, is it possible to rip out the sound rom and replace it with some Dolly Parton?
rolleyes-1.gif

I like the music ! You could try listening to the original then at least you can sing along ...altogether now ..."Help I'm steppin into the Twilight Zone"
biggrin-1.png

Nearest pin out the door would be Whitewater. Went today
sad-1.png
Loved it but need the room

Here it is in its new home

forum

Looks like a really nice one, they look even better with a topper
wink-1.png
, will only sell mine if a nicer one comes along which would need to have a new pf installed and new cab art to make it worthwhile.

Another pin ( WH20 ) that is proving really difficult to find - especially nice ones!

Replay' date=' post: 1678304 said:
Another pin ( WH20 ) that is proving really difficult to find - especially nice ones!

I sold one needing some tlc about 6 months ago for £800, that's what I though it was worth (paid quite a bit more for it) would probably get a grand for it all day now, they seem to be getting less common and highly sought after all of a sudden.

I sold mine for 600. Probably could have got a lot more at auction but a friend of mine put a lot of work into my old Ij so I gave him first dibs.

It's only 2miles away too if I ever fancy a game :)

I guess all games get old so in order to make space we continually have to rotate. Seems though at the moment more hanging onto WH20 as there were a lot made. I am always playing the game in my head of what stays, what goes and it changes continually

jonathan' date=' post: 1678309 said:
I sold mine for 600. Probably could have got a lot more at auction but a friend of mine put a lot of work into my old Ij so I gave him first dibs.

It's only 2miles away too if I ever fancy a game
smile-1.png

The nice one in the pic above?? someone got a good deal.

And that nice job your mate did on the IJ made me happy as a pig in ****. I bloody LOVE the game.....

Played it in Vegas first, then owned it and I still couldn't get into it!

He did a proper job on it though. It was dirty as hell when I got it and he did a full strip down. Playfield was flawless under all that dirt!

2a-1.jpg

I think if I was only allowed to keep one pin from my current line-up, it would be the IJ, (ticks all the boxes one way or another)

SM or TAF have been my favourite 1 pin game up til now I think. Totan a close 3rd.

TAF was probably close to my heart because it was the first decent pin I actually owned. I loved SM because it looked NIB and never gave me a seconds problem the whole time I owned it. Would love a Black SM one day

jonathan' date=' post: 1678318 said:
Played it in Vegas first, then owned it and I still couldn't get into it!

He did a proper job on it though. It was dirty as hell when I got it and he did a full strip down. Playfield was flawless under all that dirt!

Yeah, it took me a while to get to grips with it, but i love the way it plays. Its still in great shape, although i want some leds for the inserts now. Going to do the full decal replacement soon too.....

jonathan' date=' post: 1678344 said:
If you can get the trim plated in brass it will be worth a fortune

I think the stainless looks a lot better.

Coming back to a old thread, As well as letting people know what machine is closest to the door ( which machine you are most likely to let go either for space issues or to fund another machine ) maybe it can also alert people to what might be coming up for grabs.
I'm just interested to know what machines people are willing to let go and why.

GB. Won't be hard to find in the future and customers not playing it as much as they did as too many shiney new games. Maybe IM maybe MBR . I get far more attached to older games which are harder to replace

Easy answer for me is AIQ as it's leaving next week. After that it gets tough for me to decide

Back
Top Bottom