What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your longest wasted journey to collect a pin?

The ones that are infested with unmentioned woodworm seem to be bug bear with me.
as do the ones described as working because something somewhere lit up when the seller plugged it in.
regardless of the distance travelled.

I got back from a 7 hour round trip from Walsall yesterday to collect my BoP project. It was nothing like as described nor matched the supplied images. It still resides there and the owner still has his nose intact. Just...
Back to the drawing board again:rofl:

I got back from a 7 hour round trip from Walsall yesterday to collect my BoP project. It was nothing like as described nor matched the supplied images. It still resides there and the owner still has his nose intact. Just...
Back to the drawing board again:rofl:
Ouch!!! where was i advertised ?

Cheers

kev

Lesson learnt and I'll only deal direct and, not via friends of friends, with well know folk on this site should I go after another one.

The images were done with I think, a flash in a darkened room. What really peed me off was the casual way in how the guy, once I questioned both his description and images, was that 'its a project mate' :mad:

Yes, I advertised for a project, one closely matching a sales description and images, not one that looked like it had just been recovered from a skip that morning! And 6 bloody quid to use the festering Dartford tunnel too :rofl:

So, it's back to look for another one. Lesson learnt :tut:

The images were done with I think, a flash in a darkened room. What really peed me off was the casual way in how the guy, once I questioned both his description and images, was that 'its a project mate' :mad:

Yes, I advertised for a project, one closely matching a sales description and images, not one that looked like it had just been recovered from a skip that morning! And 6 bloody quid to use the festering Dartford tunnel too :rofl:

So, it's back to look for another one. Lesson learnt :tut:

So wait there's a BOP project kicking about somewhere then ;)

Could it be your expectations are too high. If your asking for a project. Collectors here think you really do mean dragged out of the skip.lol If it’s just a clean and a few bits and pieces required most folk would do that themselves before selling. Very few projects exist out in the wild now..

Could it be your expectations are too high. If your asking for a project. Collectors here think you really do mean dragged out of the skip.lol If it’s just a clean and a few bits and pieces required most folk would do that themselves before selling. Very few projects exist out in the wild now..

Whatever my expectations were, that doesn't excuse dishonesty. I was happy to pay a low 4 figure sum for it. The recent one on ebay went for pretty much I was agreeable to pay, in similar condition too.

Last edited:
Went miles up north from the Midlands, can't even remember where the machine was, Halifax or somewhere, got a Renault Kangoo so never had a problem getting a machine in it before, only to find the limited edition 8 ball deluxe I had arranged to buy had no keys and a blooming tamper proof ring round the backbox lock so no mole gripping there, the machine wouldn't go in assembled by about 2 inches. The seller got well nervous when I tried prying this and prizing that and wanted the cash before allowing me to proceed, so after a good inspection of the playfield wear and the snail trails on the backglass I was relatively happy to come away empty handed.

I travelled from London to the Welsh coast with my friend to collect a machine. It was nothing like described. Seller knock loads of money off so I reluctantly went through with the purchase. Got it home that evening and found loads more problems with it. So had to make a return trip the following day to return it for a full refund. Loads out of pocket in petrol and wasted time, all because of a very dishonest description. At least I didn't get stuck with the machine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom