What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your longest wasted journey to collect a pin?

Do most games still fit inside a newer Honda Jazz? Looking at getting an '08 year onwards for the other half to drive, as games won't fit in the back of her Ford Fiesta....

2006 Jazz is 30.5" or 77-78cm from bottom of roof to top of tailgate. they go in with a few cm to spare usually, but i wouldn't buy anything with a gap less than 76cm personally

My old Fiat Multipla was the ticket. Ugly as f*** but big as a van inside. Totally flat floorpan, vertical sides and 5 of the 6 seats completely removable just by pulling a catch.

Trying to find a good photo on the internet of the inside with all seats removed. This one at least shows the middle row of 3 seats removed (Multiple is 2 rows of 3 seats front and middle with an option to have 2 more in the rear). This photo shows the front middle seat folded down to provide a drinks holder and try for the front (there was also an option to have a fridge in this location!). All the seats are fully independent and can be removed one at a time. There is no transmission tunnel so floorpan totally flat. Gear stick is on the dashboard and handbrake is on the right of the drivers seat.

www.honestjohn.co.uk_imagecache_file_fit_730x700__uploads_roadtestimgs_5_5.jpg

It really was an awesomely designed car. Just a shame it was built by Fiat. In other words, utterly terribly build quality, although the JTD diesel engine was one of the best of that era and just went on and on and on and on and on and on... I put 200k on mine but the rest of the car fell apart around it.

Not a total waste, drove 270 miles to pick up a Escape from the lost world from a charity shop. When i arrived i found out they did not have the key to get in the backbox, so i could not fold the top down. Only had basic tools and they had no tools. Ended up smashing the trim to remove the glass, nightmare.

Never managed to waste a journey yet thankfully...

However like @Banazaipinball above no keys for the back box when collecting Spirit - used a big screwdriver to wedge the backglass out.

Once travelled to London to collect Blackbelt only to receive a phone call halfway there saying that the owner couldn't find the cabinet in the 80 or so cabinets he had up right. So I bought a different machine (Space Hawks) and a yeah later got another phone call saying if I was still interested in Blackbelt then he'd found 3 cabinets and heads that I could choose from before his move abroad and I have to be quick about it as the removal van was due back very shortly...! :eek:

Do most games still fit inside a newer Honda Jazz? Looking at getting an '08 year onwards for the other half to drive, as games won't fit in the back of her Ford Fiesta....
Just sold my 09 plate jazz and it's slightly bigger than poibugs older version. Great pin transportation

Thanks for the confirmation Mooseman. :thumbs:

Sounds like the ideal car to have for general use, and for occasional pinball transport.

We have had 2 Multiplas, an excellent pin moving car indeed.

I once travelled to pick up a Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Not to collect a pin, due to not owning any.

Me and my friend planned a "Pinball day out from stoke to Birmingham" playing around 6/7 different pinballs there and back. TZ, TAF, TOM, FG, etc..

turns out
The TZ never existed
TAF pub was closed down
Iron man and TOM bar was closed on a Monday
Family guy had been removed from the bowling alley
Couldn't even find a supposed flintstones

Resorted to finding a knackered World poker tour with a broken secondary flipper, no play-board lights and random point awarding in a Irish Bar....Staff were friendly though...and the Guinness was good.

Manchester next time, I think i'll make some phone calls to check

TL;DR Don't trust Pinformer

good man, great to hear that.
i'm the resident Pinformer-Nazi, one of my tasks here is to look out for people saying they went to a pinformer machine, only to find it missing and then go home. you'd be amazed hoe many people never thought it was their responsibility to then update it....... so it happens to some other poor bugger the following week, etc ad infinitum

Drove from Derby to Great Yarmouth to pick up a complete, but scruffy Gottlieb Buckaroo.
Only paid £300 though, so not really a wasted journey!

Drove 250 miles to pick up a Escape from the lost world in a estate car, got there to find no keys, could not get access to backbone to lower it for transport. No tools, seller had no tools. Went to B&Q to get some tools to smash our way in. Total nightmare and lesson learnt

So I checked out that list, I have an Astra 57 plate hatchback...rear seats fold down but...wishful thinking?

So I checked out that list, I have an Astra 57 plate hatchback...rear seats fold down but...wishful thinking?
The 2012 model says only with the head taken off. I'd recommend not doing that, it's too easy to cause damage, and just hiring a van from Enterprise for £20 a day.

I drove from Wolverhampton to Norwich to collect my TZ. Not that long in distance but got stuck behind a few tractors.

Last Thursday I drove to place just north of London to collect a Star Trek TNG. He's had it 17 years and not done a thing to it. It is filthy (don't mind that - cleaning things suits my OCD) - problems with trough optos, and general malaise. He wanted two grand though.
I drove back.
He's got it listed it for £2450 on eBay.

Jon

About a year ago went down to visit a guy who was selling his corvette pin. Found it on gumtree (mistake straight away) went to view it perfect everything was fine said I'd be there to pick it up tomorrow next day text him to say I'm half way there only to be told her sold it :eek: later on found this forum and bought the shadow :clap: not all too bad

Gumtree - a weird world - I put a guitar up for sale and got an avalanche of scammers from across the globe.
I still get wired emails to this day !

Driving back home through the tunnels of Lyon with an empty car realizing I wasn't far away from Switzerland, I really questioned my sanity:confused: And getting diverted or rather lost in Paris and seeing the eiffel tower wasn't a highlight either. Never ever again!

There's a lovely roundabout near there, been stuck on that for a few minutes before...

Back
Top Bottom