What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you finished today??

Marble Madness

Registered
I thought this might be a great thread to share what you've been up to and finished.

I didn't want to do a shop log on it as there's been one recently so rather than that a couple of pictures of the end result.

If you've finished something and have a warm feeling inside why not share it on this thread :clap:

I've been restoring my latest addition over the last few weeks, a Spider-Man. It's a great game and finally got my hands on one a few months ago. So after enjoying it for several weeks the strip down began as follows

Full pf strip
deep clean pf
replace plastics
Replace various decals
New ramp
New flippers
New rubber set
Flipper kit
All new coil sleeves
Touch up on the pf
All metal tumbled and hand cleaned
Every part disassembled and cleaned
Cab touched up
Mirror blades fitted
Comet leds fitted

I finished a few pints of everards sunchaser in the pub ably assisted by chicken in bacon with a bbq sauce. Plus chips and a garlic bread chaser. Even the cook came out to check I wanted all this gluttony.

I am a long way from london. But when **** like this happens, live for the day. Few games on my new getaway ....

Been tinkering with my SM also. Took me 2 - 3 hours just to fit the 3 cliffy shooter lane protectors. Where the heck did that time go? o_O Find videos how to do it/watch videos/trying to line up protectors ......and so it goes! The newer protector is good as stops wear where the newer Stern's are showing wear.

The new protector has to go under the black side rail. IMG_1025.JPG

Oh and 4 hours to put set of TITAN fluorescent rubbers on..... I seem to be very slow doing this kind of stuff:rolleyes:

IMG_1021.JPG IMG_1024.JPG

Been tinkering with my SM also. Took me 2 - 3 hours just to fit the 3 cliffy shooter lane protectors. Where the heck did that time go? o_O Find videos how to do it/watch videos/trying to line up protectors ......and so it goes! The newer protector is good as stops wear where the newer Stern's are showing wear.

The new protector has to go under the black side rail. View attachment 43247

Oh and 4 hours to put set of TITAN fluorescent rubbers on..... I seem to be very slow doing this kind of stuff:rolleyes:

View attachment 43245 View attachment 43246
Fluorescent rubbers, would be good to see them working in the dark!

The new protector has to go under the black side rail. View attachment 43247

View attachment 43245 View attachment 43246
Hi @Replay loving the Titan rubbers how much was the kit and were they the glow option? They look fantastic are you pleased with the look of the pf with them fitted? :thumbs::clap:

TITAN. Well, I really like the look and feel and how clean they are going to be going forward. Can't comment on longevity as only just started experimenting with them.

So far have a set of translucent and glow.

I just ordered a set of red for my TWD from shop above in NL. Cost including postage was £43. Cost from USA can be a bit more or a bit less - all depends if you get the dreaded customs plus handling fee!

In US they often run out of certain sizes in certain colours so curious to see how long it will take my red set to arrive.

EDIT.

They just sent me a refund as their stock is arriving next month. So, good place to get them from....when they are back in stock.

EDIT AGAIN.

Ordered red set from Texas so will put pic up when here on and TWD!

Last edited:
TITAN. Well, I really like the look and feel and how clean they are going to be going forward. Can't comment on longevity as only just started experimenting with them.

So far have a set of translucent and glow.

I just ordered a set of red for my TWD from shop above in NL.

A red set for every rubber on the game? I find the slings have the biggest impact visually, so put opaque Pinball Centre rings on TWD. Works well with the red GI and lets more light spill out from under the slings.

A red set for every rubber on the game? I find the slings have the biggest impact visually, so put opaque Pinball Centre rings on TWD. Works well with the red GI and lets more light spill out from under the slings.
Hmmm, maybe I better add some translucent sling shots for variation - trouble with experimenting is that it can go wrong;)

Put the cannon switch and opto board back onto the cannon mech on ac/dc.
Right mess on as your trying not to lose the smallest of nuts and small plastic sleeves when you're trying to reattach the things. Also big stupid clumsy fingers get in the way n all and using my £1.50 special 2x reading glasses.
I need a drink...

I've also been busy today, now I've finished SM it's back to a cab restore. Perfect weather today for spraying :clap:

IMG_6077.JPG that's the primer done :thumbs:

Reactions: ski
Hi @Rus121 hope you're ok. Have you GC'ed BSD yet? This isn't IJ, I'm restoring a cab just before I get back on to my machine. It's not far off now and then I'm officially signing off while I get back onto restoring IJ.

Really looking forward to the restore might even shop log it!!:thumbs:

Haven't GC'd BSD yet. Just behind you at 1.1billion. Its a great machine and don't worry, ill be straight on the high score thread once i get there. (soon i hope)

Hope to see the IJ restore at some point. :thumbs:

My wife wonders why I take so long messing around with games. Well, example here. My AFM was missing one black torque screw. I don't like missing stuff so found one. Put it in and it pulled a piece of wood down as it was loose. That was why there was a missing screw!

So had to fold head backwards, find something to support it, glue and clamp and finally job done. All for one screw:D

IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1036.JPG IMG_1037.JPG

Back
Top Bottom