What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Somerset Railway and pinball

Julian Hepworth

Site Supporter
Something in the world beautifully aligned today which meant :

A heritage diesel serving fish and chips and beer took us right to Arkade in Minehead - they are literally next door

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8675.jpg

Arkade have about 20 B/W DMD games

IMG_8678.jpg

A steam locomotive serving clotted cream tea took us home

IMG_8680 2.jpg

The sun came out.

I'll take that

With enormous thanks to the West Somerset Railway and Markus :)

We did this trip the summer before lock down and are looking forward to doing it again this summer!

I love an old train. I was at The National Rail Museum in the paddock when The Flying Scotsman returned.
A nice ride, with food and a good destination sounds like a grand day out.

SOLD! I've got to visit!

We need an excuse to visit!

There's an 80's weekender coming up..that'll do it!

It gets better - I forgot to mention that the Quantocks Brewery is on the same industrial estate as Bishop's Lydeard station, the other end of the line.

IMG_8673.jpg

Ohhh it's the arkade!
I messaged that guy about a Diner a while back😁

At the arkade today. Fabulous place. Good condition games.

Been enjoying rollergames for a while.

Paul

I need to book a day out here with the family again, the cafe near the arcades does a pretty nice breakfast :D

Got personal best of 68m on bop, without completing for billion points.

Attachments

• 20220430_160815.jpg
    20220430_160815.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 2
Popped down today for some pinball :)
- 2 machines off
- 2 Stole my money :D
- X files ball got stuck on ramp lol
- Terminator flippers bit high

But lots of machines and fun to play different games :)

Popped down today for some pinball :)
- 2 machines off
- 2 Stole my money :D
- X files ball got stuck on ramp lol
- Terminator flippers bit high

But lots of machines and fun to play different games :)
I’m literally on my way there now as well.

Really want to know what led or lamp they got in the xFiles greeny yellow flasher as that thing was bright! Never seen anything like it lol

Last edited:
Cool @Ant-H @russdx1 still down this way babysitting for friends, we are staying in West Harptree.
If I decided to drive down tomorrow to check this out with the little one, would Bishops Lydeard be the quickest stop to minimise car travel time boredom for her?

Thanks

Train ride is about hour 20min each way
:thumbs: Ah will have to weigh that one up then as that'd be at least an hour car travel beforehand.
It'll probably make sense for me to drive directly to Minehead which will be a little longer in the car, but at least she can choose if we hop on a train for a little journey or not then. She'll probably be happy enough just watching them with some fish n chips.

Yeah it’s about hour from Bristol in car, there are like 7 station stops on the way you could drive to to make the train journey shorter :)

Another really enjoyable visit today. I’ve been going there for years and today was the first time that I’ve visited and STTNG was working and only 2 machines were out of service 👍🏻.

It has made me realise though that I seriously need to get a AFM. Such a great game!

Weather was too rubbish so we’ve ended up at a Playbarn.
Will try WSM tomorrow and see if there’s anything there

Weather was too rubbish so we’ve ended up at a Playbarn.
Will try WSM tomorrow and see if there’s anything there
We got lucky with weather yesterday was rain whole way there but then super nice as train arrived lol.

Iv found a GOT down wsm arcade (on high street) not looked on pier for years but they did have a BBH last time.

If your around Bristol stop by Iv got 3 games at the moment :)

Back
Top Bottom