What's new

Well this is annoying. Any suggestions...

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
Basically I have got a set of four Sys 11 legs, but one of them has a leg leveler snapped off and seized in. So how do I get that little nubbin of leg leveller out of the leg without wrecking the thread in the leg?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

IMG_6586.JPGIMG_6587.JPG

Soak it in your favourite rust remover / lube and use pliers to turn it.

With a dremel, cut a notch in the end of the bolt that's inside the leg, then use a flat head screwdriver?

With a dremel, cut a notch in the end of the bolt that's inside the leg, then use a flat head screwdriver?
Or this. When i tried this before the metal just bent knackering the end, but others seems to have done this successfully.

in the past on cars mainly i usually grind a flat onto the end of the bit that sticks out so you can get an adjustable spanner on it. wd40 overnight first though

Get a plumbers torch on whats left of the leveller, if you can get it glowing red all the better, then turn out using molegrips or lock
2 nuts together on it and use the bottom one to turn it out.

If liquid penetrant doesn't work you can also heat it up with a blowtorch - the heating then cooling cycle causes expansion/contraction which can loosen it off.

Those threads don’t look too good, don’t think you’d get a nut on it. Heat and molegrips

Back
Top Bottom