What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this is annoying. Any suggestions...

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
Basically I have got a set of four Sys 11 legs, but one of them has a leg leveler snapped off and seized in. So how do I get that little nubbin of leg leveller out of the leg without wrecking the thread in the leg?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

IMG_6586.JPGIMG_6587.JPG

Soak it in your favourite rust remover / lube and use pliers to turn it.

With a dremel, cut a notch in the end of the bolt that's inside the leg, then use a flat head screwdriver?

With a dremel, cut a notch in the end of the bolt that's inside the leg, then use a flat head screwdriver?
Or this. When i tried this before the metal just bent knackering the end, but others seems to have done this successfully.

in the past on cars mainly i usually grind a flat onto the end of the bit that sticks out so you can get an adjustable spanner on it. wd40 overnight first though

Get a plumbers torch on whats left of the leveller, if you can get it glowing red all the better, then turn out using molegrips or lock
2 nuts together on it and use the bottom one to turn it out.

If liquid penetrant doesn't work you can also heat it up with a blowtorch - the heating then cooling cycle causes expansion/contraction which can loosen it off.

Those threads don’t look too good, don’t think you’d get a nut on it. Heat and molegrips

Back
Top Bottom