What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vectrex Fans?

My Vectrex is one of the only things in my collection that I regret selling. I had a reasonable amount of games all in mint condition (Rip-off was still sealed!) and an extra controller. I sold it all about 10 years ago for the usual reasons of space. Might look into getting another as they look great as a display piece.

Attachments

• 17BEDE08-54E2-490C-9791-9F28B7702382.jpeg
    17BEDE08-54E2-490C-9791-9F28B7702382.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 4
The fella I bought my Robotron NIB off of had a lockup with a shop display POS stand full of NOS Vectrex.

He offered me one but I was too in awe of all the NIB 70s and 80s arcades he had to pay them much attention.

All Vectrex owners should get the Defender clone. I think it is called Protector. It’s an astonishing achievement.
I had a copy of that. 55 of 100. A handmade labour of love. It was phenomenal to play and I really regret selling it!

Attachments

• 8AB367C7-409D-4C84-B667-DAF68332F865.jpeg
    8AB367C7-409D-4C84-B667-DAF68332F865.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys, just flicking through various threads and found this. I love my Vectrex. Utterly love it. Totally passed me by in the day, but I'm sure it would've blown my mind back then.
I have a lovely unit, with the UV frame and overlay and some original games. However I got my hands on a PiTrex (ordered from Australia) last week, and although I'm staying playing around with it, I really like it.

I am biased as I think pi is one of hte most remarkable inventions of it's time, but this one is backed by Malban who is an utter genius and his image really adds to this build.

In short the Pi bypasses the majority of the Vectrex innards, which has both +ve's and -ve's. Plus side is the reliability, the ease in changing every possible setting/calibration through an easy on screen menu, etc; however the downside (if you feel so) is that even the roms for the official games are essentially being emulated.

But the image includes the official releases, arcade conversions, as found on the elusive VecFever cart (also by Malban) and some homebrew titles (many by Malban which are amazingly good).

Happy to answer any questions that i can, if anyone is wondering about this.

Here is a link to the official info page which includes image links, etc.

Happy vectoring.

Question for the Vectrex owners.

Game I played had the player stationed in the center of the screen with foe coming in from the outer edges of the screen .
Any idea what game it was?

Possibly Bedlam?

Were you a spaceship or something else? Could you move, or just rotate?

Seem to remember ship rotating and moving.
Think the foe would come in and drag items out of the area.
So your protecting etc

I had also played a similar vector game in the arcade which was two players

Rockaroids, basically asteroids without the license, there were loads of asteroids style games though
seem to remember one with a tank that spun around and shot planes or helicopters and tanks

Still got mine from when I was a kid.
Needs a little tune up and maybe the sound mod for the buzz (can you still get the mod kits???)

Back
Top Bottom