What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underpricing pins is harming the hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell a game to @VeeMonroe at a discount, will you leave the forum ?

Any lads wanna have a whip round ?
Understand that this is unacceptable behaviour.
We can disagree with someone but do it in a constructive post where you explain your opinion like others have. We don't need snipping comments.
It is hard to delete this post without removing the comments that quote it so I have left it despite being reported by multiple people.

Last edited:
Even if you can't buy the machine you want either due to availability or funds, it doesn't exclude you from the hobby. There are some locations you can go and play and league meets. Also, several times I've seen new people join the forum either expressing an interest in a certain pin or from a certain location and someone either near by or who has named machine will offer the complete stranger to come and play their machine or collection. I don't think you get more inclusive than that. I really haven't thrown myself into the social side of pinball because I suck at social interactions but I think if you do, you feel very included pretty quickly

Get to a league meet you’ll love it! You only have to practise two things

1: playing pinball
2: excuses as to why the game beat you 😂

+1 on the social and friendship of pinball - take my event this weekend.

40 people that three years ago I nearly knew turned up for my first event! and with Colin coming over I met Colin at Pinburgh when he won it in 2017 because I took some beautiful photos of him with his family during the finals and when he won and took the trophy - we’ve been friends since and whilst watching the first day stream Colin pings me and says hey I could come over for tomorrow from AMS (he is in EU for work at the moment) and I said sure stay at my house 4 hours later Colin is at my house!

I know of nothing more inclusive than pinball - sure some of us are control freaks like me, and we all have our wierd ways and occasionally they boil over but in the other interests I have I don’t see anything close to this.

+1 on the social and friendship of pinball - take my event this weekend.

40 people that three years ago I nearly knew turned up for my first event! and with Colin coming over I met Colin at Pinburgh when he won it in 2017 because I took some beautiful photos of him with his family during the finals and when he won and took the trophy - we’ve been friends since and whilst watching the first day stream Colin pings me and says hey I could come over for tomorrow from AMS (he is in EU for work at the moment) and I said sure stay at my house 4 hours later Colin is at my house!

I know of nothing more inclusive than pinball - sure some of us are control freaks like me, and we all have our wierd ways and occasionally they boil over but in the other interests I have I don’t see anything close to this.
Got to agree.

I have some wonderful long term friends due to pinball.

Especially Aid Cooper who I can not seem to shake off. Easy to get rid of syphilis.

There’s just been a global pandemic and it’s seen the price of pinball machines go through the roof.

Global unrest had proven to just increase prices haha
Most people were stranded at home during the pandemic. I can imagine that many of them were bored with a lot of free time to spare. It was the case for me, so I decided to buy a pinball and a CNC to fill my free time.

It make sense to me that some people tried the hobby for the first time, or others used that time to increase their collection. That would likely have drained the market of pinballs for the duration of Covid.

Most people were stranded at home during the pandemic. I can imagine that many of them were bored with a lot of free time to spare. It was the case for me, so I decided to buy a pinball and a CNC to fill my free time.

It make sense to me that some people tried the hobby for the first time, or others used that time to increase their collection. That would likely have drained the market of pinballs for the duration of Covid.
Thanks for bringing the conversation into this thread.

We didn’t have a lot of free time (small kids), but certainly didn’t go out much during the pandemic.

We were playing a board game themed around pinball and got talking about playing pinball in motorway service stations in the 90s. I downloaded the Williams App, noticed a Fish Tales for sale and it went from there…

You can ignore a thread if you don’t like it or want to participate. You have just brought more fire to the BBQ.

I'm going to start a thread called 'Pinball is like crypto and i'm loosing millions'.

I've now created a dedicated price discussion thread:

Aim is to try to keep all the speculation about prices in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom