What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2024 - August 16th, 17th & 18th

I stayed at the golf club last year. Would have been nice if they didn't have 2 weddings and a gospel choir event on there.
Couldn't get food or any room service and was no point in using the facilities. I'm on the waiting list and hope I get a room at the venue this year.

Got tickets for Friday night and Saturday day/night, going with my son (18) Both UKPinfest virgins :)
Looking forward to quality time playing , having a few drinks and meeting folk, So excited to try out the pins :) I don't think we have tried 15 pins in total, mind over 100

@Doggard, when you stayed at Helidon Lakes, did you drive in from there or get a taxi? I'm hoping to have a few beers, so I was wondering what the situation is like for taxis around there. I checked UBER, but didn't seem it covered that area

Got tickets for Friday night and Saturday day/night, going with my son (18) Both UKPinfest virgins :)
Looking forward to quality time playing , having a few drinks and meeting folk, So excited to try out the pins :) I don't think we have tried 15 pins in total, mind over 100

@Doggard, when you stayed at Helidon Lakes, did you drive in from there or get a taxi? I'm hoping to have a few beers, so I was wondering what the situation is like for taxis around there. I checked UBER, but didn't seem it covered that area
I drove, as I don’t drink. But I’m sure helidon lakes reception could organize a local taxi for you

Has anyone stayed at Staverton Park Hotel? Any feedback?

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotel in Daventry. 😂😂

Where's the Mercure located?

Just called the hotel and there has not been a single cancellation of any room since the list was created.

I am supposed to be travelling back from Germany for pinfest and will have no transport.

No room = no pinfest for me.

Bring a sleeping bag? I'm sure there have been the odd triple in double rooms over the years. Not that the hotel would approve and I certainly don't condone...... 🙈

Bring a sleeping bag? I'm sure there have been the odd triple in double rooms over the years. Not that the hotel would approve and I certainly don't condone...... 🙈
Nice idea but I will have my son. Apart from that I have two rather complex orthapeadic issues. The 'kipping on the floor' boat sailed about twenty years ago.

Wonder how many people are on the waiting list...

I'd imagine that most cancellations will come much closer to the time.

Would you say this is an easy drive rather than staying South of Daventry?
Rugby to Daventry does not get much easier, you should be good, worst case scenario jump on the m1 from rugby, jump off to Daventry.

Wonder how many people are on the waiting list...

I'd imagine that most cancellations will come much closer to the time.
Someone posted back in October they were 12th on the list.

Wouldn't be surprised if that list is in the 20's now 😂

What's chances of even 10 rooms become available, very unlikely I would think.

Incredibly unlikely that any rooms wil become available beyond about 48 hours before the event and I think there may be a 'black market' in rooms at some point as people pass them onto friends (if that it possible).
For me, having to book flights to get there, it's not happening. I can keep the date free but I'm not in the country to get there 'at the last minute'.

This year those rooms went crazily quickly; way quicker than any other year by a LONG margin. There are quite a few people that have been caught out.

Not really, you could space things out more. More accomodation doesn't necessarily mean a bigger exhibition room
Let's say for example that last year, 250 people stayed at the hotel and another 100 attended on the day - no idea how close that is, but bear with me.
With 100 machines that's 1 machine for every 3.5 people. From what I saw every machine was in constant play and you had to queue a little.

Now imagine those numbers doubling due to larger hotel and more visitors.

Those same 100 machines would equate to 1 machine per 7 people, the queues would most likely put people off and make the whole things not as enjoyable.

Therefore we need more pledges of machines to make it more likely that Pinfest could expand to a much larger venue.

You're forgetting those who book hotels nearby. Lots of attendees aren't staying at the Mercure.
A lot of those who didn't get a room will still attend.

Last year Pinfest had the whole hotel and the main room didn't feel much busier than the previous year when there was a limited allocation.

More beds would be great, if a bigger main hall you could space out the competition bank more as it can feel busy.

Larger venue requires more machine donations as well

I would have brought 12 Stern Classics this year if I had gotten a room... And I'll probably have more by next year...

Machine donation wouldn't be an issue if @Big Phil got a bigger and better venue

I missed out this year so won't be attending so allocated my time and cash towards going to Tokyo instead :p

Let's say for example that last year, 250 people stayed at the hotel and another 100 attended on the day - no idea how close that is, but bear with me.
With 100 machines that's 1 machine for every 3.5 people. From what I saw every machine was in constant play and you had to queue a little.

Now imagine those numbers doubling due to larger hotel and more visitors.

Those same 100 machines would equate to 1 machine per 7 people, the queues would most likely put people off and make the whole things not as enjoyable.

Therefore we need more pledges of machines to make it more likely that Pinfest could expand to a much larger venue.
60 pins pledged this year, so far.

Pinfest is one of the highlights of my year . . . quite frankly I like staying on-site so as I can drink until late at night and crawl to my room.

I also find it nice to pop back to the room during the day and give my knees and ears a rest. That being said, I'd still attend if I wasn't staying at the hotel but probably wouldn't do Thursday to Sunday.

I do think it's important that rooms are set-aside in future years for those donating machines because I probably wouldn't want to be staying somewhere else if I had a few machines at the hotel. Phil could not have known how busy the event was going to be and the uptake on tickets caught many out.

My son is buzzing for this year and we're staying Monday night too so it should be a real blast.

it really did catch me out. In previous years, it’s taken 6 months to sell out. 7 days is just insane. Just never expected that.

I’ve always looked at 100 machines to 400 tickets. I think that’s about the right ratio.

it really did catch me out. In previous years, it’s taken 6 months to sell out. 7 days is just insane. Just never expected that.

I’ve always looked at 100 machines to 400 tickets. I think that’s about the right ratio.
Are tickets/vip tickets limited this year Phil? Usually book in advance, but I know last year tickets for the vip weren't limited. Basically, do I buy now or leave it until later?

Are tickets/vip tickets limited this year Phil? Usually book in advance, but I know last year tickets for the vip weren't limited. Basically, do I buy now or leave it until later?
I’m sure Phil said on a thread somewhere, that vip were not limited, so buy when you get there, to avoid booking fee. Hope @Big Phil can confirm

Yeah, you can pay as you arrive. No limit on them.

Potentially 300 in the hotel so unfair to limit.

Back
Top Bottom