What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Open 2023 - A Stern Pro Circuit Event & ECS Qualifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Again can’t really add anything more than what others have said already on here. It really was a great weekend put on by Neil and the team. Thank you to all of you.

This was my 1st big tournament and I learned a lot, didn’t walk in there expecting to achieve greatness!! But with exception of a few rogue games I held my own. I got to see some great players, chat to and meet some new people whilst scoring who were happy to share their tips and advice to a relatively novice player!

Looking forward to next year.

For the truly geeky amongst you, I've compiled a spreadsheet for scores from 100+ different machines (and counting) using data from the weekly PBR league events and UK Open 2022/2023. Some of the columns won't be useful to anyone except me, but it lists the:
  • PBR median league score (i.e. if you were a middle-of-the-table player at PBR Thursday night league, what would your walk-up score be for this machine)
  • UK Open qualifying score (i.e. estimated score needed to qualify for the UK Open finals on each machine in the tournament where it appeared - assuming perfect consistency across the whole card)
  • UK Open basement (likely not interesting to anyone else, but it's an estimate for the score for a middle-of-the-table PBR league player would get in the UK Open if they scored consistently across their whole card)
  • UK Open stretch (also likely not interesting to anyone else, but an estimate for the score a middle-of-the-table PBR league player would need to get to carry 1-2 poor scores on their best card in the UK Open)
I've used 2023 data where possible, only adding 2022 data if the machine didn't appear in 2023. The spreadsheet is available for non-nefarious purposes. Please PM me if you'd like access to it.

View attachment 233735
You can't really compare one chance games at PBR with unlimited ticket scores where bad cards get voided.

Get yourself to the Irish league meets for some practice in the mean time..

Welcome by the way. What part of Ireland are you in ? Im in Belfast myself but loads of guys all over (North and South)

Get yourself to the Irish league meets for some practice in the mean time..

Welcome by the way. What part of Ireland are you in ? Im in Belfast myself but loads of guys all over (North and South)
Nice to meet you! I'm in Dublin
Actually, did you get an email from me about a week ago for the Irish League? I did not really found a way to register via the pinballleage.uk website but I contacted irish.pinball.league@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom