What's new

TZ - Snapped switch rubber retainer clip

Durzel

Registered
When cleaning my Twilight Zone today I managed to catch one of the mini playfield switch rubber shroud retainer clips with the towel, snapping it off.

I have no idea what this part is actually called...

F6388F2B-4D22-4998-8CE2-C7DBC6BEF85A.jpeg

It hasn't affected the operation of the switch but the rubber thing it presumably keeps in place now moves around. Do I have to buy a whole new switch for this, or can I get this single clip somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

(sorry for the newbie questions)

Incidentally what is that clip for? I'm not even sure if it is a retainer for the cover?

Fantastic, you're an absolute star.

All I could find was the replacement switches, which looked to be pretty expensive. :-o

Fantastic, you're an absolute star.

All I could find was the replacement switches, which looked to be pretty expensive. :-o
Most machines I've owned are missing the rubber covers, or didn't have any to begin with. I don't think Dialed in has any at all!

Yeah, I've seen a few photos of TZ with various covers missing. I was worried that the black clip might have some other purpose than just holding the cover on, as stupid as that sounds.

Yeah I did see that when I was searching. Looks decent, but to be honest with you removing the mini playfield and soldering are a bit too scary for me this early into ownership :)

Back
Top Bottom