What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ - Snapped switch rubber retainer clip

Durzel

Registered
When cleaning my Twilight Zone today I managed to catch one of the mini playfield switch rubber shroud retainer clips with the towel, snapping it off.

I have no idea what this part is actually called...

F6388F2B-4D22-4998-8CE2-C7DBC6BEF85A.jpeg

It hasn't affected the operation of the switch but the rubber thing it presumably keeps in place now moves around. Do I have to buy a whole new switch for this, or can I get this single clip somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

(sorry for the newbie questions)

Incidentally what is that clip for? I'm not even sure if it is a retainer for the cover?

Fantastic, you're an absolute star.

All I could find was the replacement switches, which looked to be pretty expensive. :-o

Fantastic, you're an absolute star.

All I could find was the replacement switches, which looked to be pretty expensive. :-o
Most machines I've owned are missing the rubber covers, or didn't have any to begin with. I don't think Dialed in has any at all!

Yeah, I've seen a few photos of TZ with various covers missing. I was worried that the black clip might have some other purpose than just holding the cover on, as stupid as that sounds.

Yeah I did see that when I was searching. Looks decent, but to be honest with you removing the mini playfield and soldering are a bit too scary for me this early into ownership :)

Back
Top Bottom