What's new

Complete The worlds thinnest Bubbler jukebox.... A unique 'one off' Digital Sound Leisure.

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
On walking around the Sound Leisure factory the other week I noticed in the 'ex-site' section, where I tend to buy an awful lot of stock from what I thought was a door of a Sound Leisure digital bubbler.

Got a little closer and realised it had a back on it. The MD told me it was used a selector, slaved to another digital jukebox. In fact it is serial number one, and only one was built.

So basically it was a touch screen with a PC, along side a coin mech.

After some discussions - I ended up buying the machine.

68786836632__57739A96-2215-4220-AABA-F8CF81D52A88.jpg68786838441__B9AAA16C-D5D9-4AED-9611-657B44CDFF5F.jpg

Had several goals....
1 - Remove the glass that is on top of the touch screen (this makes the touch screens very unresponsive and harder to interface with good software).
2 - Install addressable LEDs.
3 - Fit amplifier internally.
4 - Install a new PC with the software I use on all of my digital jukeboxes that allow you to add your own music.

What I ended up doing:
1 - I removed the glass and got in touch with @Colywobbles to make a custom surround for the touchscreen. He did a fantastic job (see pics below)
2 - Installed an 8 channel bluetooth controller addressable LED controller board. Five zones have been used and lighting has been installed where the factory does not install it on brand new ones!
3 - Installed a Sound Leisure D4 amplifier, and fitted a LINE OUT to allow the jukebox to connect to a sound bar/hi-fi/home entertainement system. I also with @Colywobbles help fitted two 6.5 inch speakers. Whilst the sound is not to the usual standard, it is use-able in the home. My wife just wants to listen to music, and is not bothered about not having a 12 inch sub speaker. The D4 amp also has a breakout speaker board, and another pair of speakers can be fitted. Volume for both the channels can be altered serperately.
4 - New PC as above. Running windows 10.

Other jobs done/about to be done.
1 - Chrome work has been rechromed where needed.
2 - Install the two pots to control each of the amps stereo channel.
3 - Fit panel mounted USB3 port to make updating tracks easier. This could also be done on a home network.
4 - Have some more tweaking to do with the LED lighting.
6 - Repair the lighting behind the Nostalgia sign under screen.

The jukebox has detachable base at the bottom, a wall stand off bracket (so a person could not pull it over!)

The amazing this is the height is the same as a normal Sound Leisure bubbler, but the depth from the wall out is only 9 inches. Just over 20cm. Instead of nealy 70cm.

Very happy with the way it is going so far.

IMG_5228.jpgIMG_5222.jpgIMG_5229.jpgIMG_5224.jpgIMG_5225.jpgIMG_5232.jpg68814427682__16F6655E-FBD3-4665-BE43-B150A0604BCD.jpgIMG_5226.jpgIMG_5227.jpgIMG_5230.jpgIMG_5231.jpgIMG_5233.jpgIMG_5234.jpgIMG_5235.jpg

Very interesting machine. Theses are lovely looking machines but usually take up a lot of space. This one looks like it has the best of both worlds and with your work, will deliver incredible sound too.
Unique to boot.

Back
Top Bottom