What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The worlds thinnest Bubbler jukebox.... A unique 'one off' Digital Sound Leisure.

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
On walking around the Sound Leisure factory the other week I noticed in the 'ex-site' section, where I tend to buy an awful lot of stock from what I thought was a door of a Sound Leisure digital bubbler.

Got a little closer and realised it had a back on it. The MD told me it was used a selector, slaved to another digital jukebox. In fact it is serial number one, and only one was built.

So basically it was a touch screen with a PC, along side a coin mech.

After some discussions - I ended up buying the machine.

68786836632__57739A96-2215-4220-AABA-F8CF81D52A88.jpg68786838441__B9AAA16C-D5D9-4AED-9611-657B44CDFF5F.jpg

Had several goals....
1 - Remove the glass that is on top of the touch screen (this makes the touch screens very unresponsive and harder to interface with good software).
2 - Install addressable LEDs.
3 - Fit amplifier internally.
4 - Install a new PC with the software I use on all of my digital jukeboxes that allow you to add your own music.

What I ended up doing:
1 - I removed the glass and got in touch with @Colywobbles to make a custom surround for the touchscreen. He did a fantastic job (see pics below)
2 - Installed an 8 channel bluetooth controller addressable LED controller board. Five zones have been used and lighting has been installed where the factory does not install it on brand new ones!
3 - Installed a Sound Leisure D4 amplifier, and fitted a LINE OUT to allow the jukebox to connect to a sound bar/hi-fi/home entertainement system. I also with @Colywobbles help fitted two 6.5 inch speakers. Whilst the sound is not to the usual standard, it is use-able in the home. My wife just wants to listen to music, and is not bothered about not having a 12 inch sub speaker. The D4 amp also has a breakout speaker board, and another pair of speakers can be fitted. Volume for both the channels can be altered serperately.
4 - New PC as above. Running windows 10.

Other jobs done/about to be done.
1 - Chrome work has been rechromed where needed.
2 - Install the two pots to control each of the amps stereo channel.
3 - Fit panel mounted USB3 port to make updating tracks easier. This could also be done on a home network.
4 - Have some more tweaking to do with the LED lighting.
6 - Repair the lighting behind the Nostalgia sign under screen.

The jukebox has detachable base at the bottom, a wall stand off bracket (so a person could not pull it over!)

The amazing this is the height is the same as a normal Sound Leisure bubbler, but the depth from the wall out is only 9 inches. Just over 20cm. Instead of nealy 70cm.

Very happy with the way it is going so far.

IMG_5228.jpgIMG_5222.jpgIMG_5229.jpgIMG_5224.jpgIMG_5225.jpgIMG_5232.jpg68814427682__16F6655E-FBD3-4665-BE43-B150A0604BCD.jpgIMG_5226.jpgIMG_5227.jpgIMG_5230.jpgIMG_5231.jpgIMG_5233.jpgIMG_5234.jpgIMG_5235.jpg

Very interesting machine. Theses are lovely looking machines but usually take up a lot of space. This one looks like it has the best of both worlds and with your work, will deliver incredible sound too.
Unique to boot.

Back
Top Bottom