What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Welsh Pinball Cup - July 6th 2014

Some good machines there, will be a nice change to the usual machines we get to play. Better stock up on beer mats ( or WD40 ) for those leg levellers :D.

No need... ahem. These will be set up well before the event and not trundled to the local ! But beermats are always welcome!

jesus, you announced on Facebook that registration was open an hour ago, and it's been a feeding frenzy ever since!

you came top six in the RobotGreg SW tourney last weekend, so you are already billed as a top player dude.
me and your missus shared the wooden spoon, practically

For anyone else interested in entering, Dave has since put a post on FB saying that the event is now oversubscribed.... :)

Copying and pasting Dave's updates from Facebook as he is, err....****ed lol.

Update 1
I have made a plan to use my sons upstairs bedroom for 2/3 machines.This will help with overcrowding. But... I have to keep with 40 players maximum for the Sunday. My last comp was for 20 and the Social last year was 22. I set it at 32 this year and have increased to 40, which is fair for all those players to play in the format I've set. I don't intend to change the format, but it will be 3 ball games. Should be 12-14 machines that all entrants will play.

Update 2
Have 8 reserves waiting to enter, so really don't want to turn people away, so we've decided on this.
I have ten helpers (was 12) that will play on Saturday so they can help on Sunday and help it run smoothly.
We're are prepared to increase this to twenty so the reserves can play.

Update 3
So, I have 10 helpers and 10 entrants for Saturday. 40 for Sunday. 60 in total.
I will put the reserves in for Saturday.
Please get in touch if you want to play on Saturday instead of Sunday.
Advantages are less players so more available practise etc
Remember, you can't play both days as this would be unfair to others competing.
PM me if you want to change from Sunday to Saturday.
New lists to follow.
Thanks again for all your support.
Lets hope for great weather! I'll be cooking some fab food!

The Event is full with 60 players over two days. Thanks for your support. Especially with 7 months to prepare.
I will be accepting reserves in case people drop out.
Hoping for great weather!
Dave

South Coast Slam this weekend.

Have some real nice trophies lined up for this event, plus some other mini comps during the weekend.
I would really appreciate any entry fees before the event as it will really help me out! Entry fees are fully refundable if you pull out before the event. Just let me know and I can put a reserve in your place. I'll have my entry book with me all weekend and should have the Welsh Pinball Cup tee shirt or Welsh Classic one on. (in case you don't know me)
Dave

Not long for this one now. The only Welsh Pinball event in 2014. Any entrants hoping to play please get in touch, it'll be Saturday only though but we have some good players here and more food to go around too.
Thanks to guys who paid in advance, trophies are now ordered, so thank you again.
Myself and Kevin Donovan have been working like Trojans day and night, to get this one of the ground. I'll be asking for help via the forums for ROM's etc (things which we can't do) and all will help to get more machines running. I'm sure some of you will not have played some of these before.
Dave.

Not long now Dave! Hope preparations are going well, looking forward to it,

Cheers, Craig

We've been working long and hard. Martin A is working on the 2 day scoring system. Thanks Martin. Please pray for fine weather soon as this is not helping with the moving/set up.

I've sent a message upstairs and asked Dave Rolfe to give us the weather he thinks we deserve - might have been a bad idea!

Update...... Have a few extra entries available for the Saturday (Day 1). Please get in touch if you want to compete.
Dave

Latest line up. May change.
Bride of Pinbot
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Getaway - High Speed 2
Laser War
F14 Tomcat
Firepower
Scared Stiff
Mystic
Hot Tip
Atlantis (Bally)
Meteor
Seawitch
Ali
Class of 1812

Dave

Bit of a Welsh joke/ Dave R thing going on.........
Couple of people have dropped out, still have 56. Entries available.
Chicken curry on Saturday. Hot Dogs planned for Sunday.
Maybe some Pinball too..
Can't predict a winner for this one, spoken to loads of guys, and because of the diversity, could be anyone. Fab. Remember, we're live on air at 5.30pm Saturday, no laughing at the back Ponsonby..... (My guess is Nick M...)

Back
Top Bottom