What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Welsh Pinball Cup - July 6th 2014

PinballDaze

Site Supporter
Alias
Pinball Dave
The Welsh Pinball Cup (2014) will be held on Sunday the 6th of July at Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran.
The official title will be "The Welsh pinball Cup incorporating the Dave Rolfe Memorial Shield". The Shield will be inscribed and sent to the winner and returned each year. Trophies for first 3 overall, Ladies and best under 16.

Many more details to follow. Pre-registering too.

Dave Willcox

www.pinballdaze.co.uk

Last edited:
I probably can't make either day :(

Likely date of at least one of the kid's birthday parties and also have a family meal on the Sunday

It looks like the event will be put back to July. I will discuss with South West group members on Sunday. If you know of any events planned for July, then please let me know.

Due to many helpers working weekends in June and July, We've had to re-schedule for the 6th of July. I know that NERG is on but that is 300 miles from our venue. NERG is also on both days. I'm aiming for a maximum of 56 entrants, so if it's severley depleted then I know why.

The Welsh Pinball Cup (2014) will be held on Sunday the 6th of July at Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran.
The official title will be "The Welsh pinball Cup incorporating the Dave Rolfe Memorial Shield". The Shield will be inscribed and sent to the winner and returned each year. Trophies for first 3 overall, Ladies and best under 16.

Many more details to follow. Pre-registering too.

Dave Willcox

www.pinballdaze.co.uk

Update 1.
After a few chats last weekend, need to clarify a few things.
This event will be consisting of DMD,A/N and EM machines.
Likely to be 13/14 in competition.
I know it seems a long way off, but preparations are under way.
Updates will be posted on Facebook as well.
There will be pre-registering soon plus the rules etc.
I appreciate any feedback.

Update 2.
This will be a one day comp - Sunday 6th of July.
I have approx 12 helpers. Machine loaners, food prep and drinks, machine movers, techs, score inputters, PC workers (?) and gardeners...(?) who will be helping out on the Sunday to make this run smoothly. Because of this, they are allowed to play their games on Saturday the 5th if they wish. I will have 3 score verifiers overseeing this.
This doesn't mean you can play both days, only helpers on the Saturday.

Last edited:
Shame I can't make it, already promised NERG but I hope it all goes well and everyone who is going have a great day.

Update 3.
Format.
Maximum entry of 32 players, first come etc etc + reserve list (if necessary). Date will be announced soon with plenty of notice.
£10 entry. Food and drink provided. WPPR points.
ALL machines will be used in the competition.
Single player games. The person waiting to play can verify the score of the previous entrant.
All score boards will be under the machine c/w pens on a string!

Machine failures - If machine is not repaired in ten minutes it will be voided from the competition - and no substitutes used.
Minimum of 12 machines in competition at start. Start is 12.30pm. Practice is 10.30 onwards.
Extra balls on.
Winner is the person with the most accrued points. No play offs, but will be in the event of a draw.

Shame I can't make it, already promised NERG but I hope it all goes well and everyone who is going have a great day.
Tried for yet another change of date but it's affecting other events that have to be shuffled about. This weekend suits most of my helpers too.

Okay, time for machine line up.
Likely to be 12 out of the list below.
I'm not a fan of Abbreviations so here goes...

Bride of Pinbot
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Getaway - High Speed 2
Laser War
F14 Tomcat
Firepower
Phoenix
Star Wars Trilogy
Cue-T
Scared Stiff
Eight Ball
Mystic
Hot Tip
Atlantis (Bally)
Meteor
Seawitch
Ali
Flight 2000
Cheetah
Wild Fyre

Some will be for sale before, during and after the event!
Dave
www.pinballdaze.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom