What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Welsh Pinball Cup - July 6th 2014

That Moonraker chappie hasn't been practicing hard... he never does... :p Plus what's happening in practice at the moment certainly isn't happening in the league or many competitions this year... :oops: :rolleyes:

On bobblehat's form at the moment it would be a brave punter to bet against him... I guess that is unless Andy Foster is making an appearance...! ;)

Although our new Polish Champion @alchy or recently installed Polish number 2 @Lukasz Romanowski ought to be with a shout... :hmm:

That Moonraker chappie hasn't been practicing hard... he never does... :p Plus what's happening in practice at the moment certainly isn't happening in the league or many competitions this year... :oops: :rolleyes:

On bobblehat's form at the moment it would be a brave punter to bet against him... I guess that is unless Andy Foster is making an appearance...! ;)

Although our new Polish Champion @alchy or recently installed Polish number 2 @Lukasz Romanowski ought to be with a shout... :hmm:

Mr Foster is at NERG all weekend. ;)

Bit of a Welsh joke/ Dave R thing going on.........
Couple of people have dropped out, still have 56. Entries available.
Chicken curry on Saturday. Hot Dogs planned for Sunday.
Maybe some Pinball too..
Can't predict a winner for this one, spoken to loads of guys, and because of the diversity, could be anyone. Fab. Remember, we're live on air at 5.30pm Saturday, no laughing at the back Ponsonby..... (My guess is Nick M...)

Do we get Welsh Cakes with that and a pint of brains? :)

www.pinballnews.com_shows_ppo2014_26.jpg

PLUG PLUG PLUG :)

My excuse for not winning is that I lost 1.5 stones in last 4 weeks and I can't just shove the machines like I use to.... Extra tight tilts please Dave!

Last edited:
This Bobble hat bob, he's an enigma isn't he, i'm looking forward to seeing his moves, and obviously his hat!

But my money is being split 4 ways elsewhere, mark my words, the winner will come from one of these 4 players, mufcmufc, NickM, Stormy or my personal favorite for the title, Sam Juan

Big thanks to Dave for hosting today (and tomorrow's) competition. Great day out and good company.

You can relax a bit now Dave, think your blood pressure was a bit high this morning.

Cheers Tony

I too would like to thanks Dave for all the efforts that he went to to make this weekend a great success. The machines played well, the hospitality was excellent and the event ran extremely smoothly.

Here is to next year!

Yes well done Dave, Linda and Kevin and CO. Who made this possible a great day out and some very nice machines. Thank You for your Hospitality!

See you next year or before :)

Many thanks to Dave and Kev for all their hard work in getting the machines ready for the weekend, to Martin for all the scoring and to Lynda and everyone else who helped make it a great event in Dave Rolfe's memory.

I to would also like to say a big thank you to Dave, Kevin, Linda, Martin, and anyone else that made the event happen, it was a great days fun pinball, with some great classic machines that are rarely available to play these days and a real tribute to Dave Rolf's memory.
the question everyone's now asking though.....Next year?!?

Thank you to everyone who helped out, to Dave and Lynda for putting up with us and their excellent hospitality. I know you want to keep it a secret Dave, but you have to let us know WHAT DATE IS IT HAPPENING NEXT YEAR??

Thanks to Dave, Lynda and co for letting us invade and providing excellent hospitality.:clap: It was great to see everyone in sunny and not so sunny Wales. :cool: I'll not mention next year... :D

As the last few jobs are finished after the weekend, I would like to thank the following who helped to put this event on.

My Mum and Sister for putting up pre-sponsor money to help with food/drink/parts. Neil Fellender for the loan of Class Of 1812. Deb and Anita for Promo stuff including T-Shirts. Kevin Donovan for the endless hours of work to get my Pinballs comp ready, even ones that didn’t make the event due to board failure. Martin for the brilliant Scoring system and recording scores all weekend. Anyone that helped in some way so I didn’t have too, also thanks for peoples honesty, and thanks for all the banter and Social stuff. So is that everyone?

Not quite, one special person who put up with 7 months of preparation, talk, here’s another one for your front room etc and generally putting up with me…. Lynda!

So, I hope that the 2 day event suited most and the Curry was not too hot and the Hot Dogs not too cold. Next year…? Well it’s looking good!! August 1st and 2nd please, plus a new Doubles event in the mix for Saturday planned.

Thanks to everyone for their support with The Welsh Pinball Cup 2014 and I hope that you enjoyed it.

Dave Willcox

PS As 3 machines have been sold, one to go back from loan and one to be collected, that already means 5 different Pinballs are promised, probably more, for the next one, but that’s a long way off….Isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom