What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Walking Dead Premium

Nudge before you need to NUDGE.
Let me give you an example that happens on my game.
A shot to the left ramp that rattles and doesn't make it will often come back down the ramp, hit the top of the left slingshot, loop over to the right and bügger off straight down the right outlane. Now when it does it I move the game ever so slightly to the left as it comes down so that it misses the slingshot. A potential hazardous situation avoided.

Let me give you an example that happens on my game.
A shot to the left ramp that rattles and doesn't make it will often come back down the ramp, hit the top of the left slingshot, loop over to the right and bügger off straight down the right outlane. Now when it does it I move the game ever so slightly to the left as it comes down so that it misses the slingshot. A potential hazardous situation avoided.
I love the use of the German umlaut in there.
I need to start nudging alot more. I carry the machine round for a dance when the ball gets anywhere near the outlane.

Reactions: ski
I love the use of the German umlaut in there.
I need to start nudging alot more. I carry the machine round for a dance when the ball gets anywhere near the outlane.
That's the thing mate. Try to avoid it getting there in the first place. Certain situations can usually lead to a ball ending up in a part of the playfield you don't want it to be in. Try to anticipate when that is happening and react BEFORE the ball is in danger.

The other thing is that isn't really about throwing the game around. My games don't move out of position when I play. It is just about nudging enough to impart energy into the ball to get it to something a little different.

So what to do when the ball doesn't make the right ramp and starts heading stdtm?
I lose this most times , never had the left ramp slip heading for the top left sling, always the flippers on mine.

Use some body English just after the ball leaves the entrance to the ramp. Timing is everything, if you leave it until you can see it's going to go down the middle it's usually too late.

As Mark says, nudge the machine to the left just as it is exiting the ramp. It should move the ball far enough towards the tip of the left flipper so that it is saveable.

Yes, the designer of the machine assumes the ball will always touch the side and if it does and then machine is level works but you often get bricked balls or balls out of the pops that are midway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone else make the right ramp with the crossbow? Seems impossible on mine, not powerful enough.

Can anyone else make the right ramp with the crossbow? Seems impossible on mine, not powerful enough.
The Crossbow trigger ramp? Yes, it's the Riot and Tunnel shots i find hardest - and that's just down my low skill levels. Is the ball sat all the way down into the crossbow mech?

The ball does sometimes not sit all the way down on the crossbow, but a gentle nudge usually sorts that. The plunger's probably misaligned, will have to look at it sometime.

And then maybe one day I will actually get a crossbow frenzy.

The ball does sometimes not sit all the way down on the crossbow, but a gentle nudge usually sorts that. The plunger's probably misaligned, will have to look at it sometime.

And then maybe one day I will actually get a crossbow frenzy.
I put a bit of silicone spray (I think) on the plastic firing pin as sometimes the weight of the ball was not enough to push the pin all the way down, resulting in a weak shot. Fixed my issue.

I put a bit of silicone spray (I think) on the plastic firing pin as sometimes the weight of the ball was not enough to push the pin all the way down, resulting in a weak shot. Fixed my issue.
Cheers, I'll try that on mine.

Back
Top Bottom