What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

DSC_9250 (Medium).JPG

By amazing luck, I got this short run reproduction BOP playfield.

It arrived in the UK yesterday, my father in law picked it up for me and so I got it today :)

It has a very thick clearcoat, and the inserts are flush fitted into the wood into routed that go half way into the wood. Not sure if that is the norm with reproductions, but the original is not like that, so it will stop them from ever sinking

Nice one Luke. Is it the Buthemberg one

It is, I missed the cutoff as I didn't know about it, but was on the next in line list so very thankful I got one.

BOP and Taxi are my worst condition playfields, so I really wanted one of these,

Now all I need is someone to do a Taxi re-run, as I missed Taxi playfields by days :(

How about sending that Marylin one to be restored together with the insert decals I gave you? Once clear coated it would probably be ok.

My first ever pin in 2010 was a bop. They were taking pre orders for the pf then!! Glad to hear it finally got made.

How about sending that Marylin one to be restored together with the insert decals I gave you? Once clear coated it would probably be ok.

My first ever pin in 2010 was a bop. They were taking pre orders for the pf then!! Glad to hear it finally got made.

That is my plan B, I am wanting to get a quote on that

Had a nice little stocking filler off my daughter for xmas that I finally had time to play with today, no more missing the postman because I was playing pinball :mad:. Plays mp3's or Wav's so of course I put a few pinball tunes on there :D.

2015-12-31 13.44.23.jpg

Just remember to keep the original Board, as in 5-10 years this one will be dead (Battery backed Eprom on there - had PLENTY of experience of those!!)

The ST parts are better than the more common Dallas ones. I've had very few dead ST ones, and I come across these on videogame and test equipment alot. Additionally, some of the ST ones have the "caphat" package, where you can clip on a new battery top. That said, surely you'd use quantum or ferro RAM these days instead of battery backed

The ST parts are better than the more common Dallas ones. I've had very few dead ST ones, and I come across these on videogame and test equipment alot. Additionally, some of the ST ones have the "caphat" package, where you can clip on a new battery top. That said, surely you'd use quantum or ferro RAM these days instead of battery backed

I got rid of a pusher a few years ago that had a Dallas in there - I contacted the company and asked for the code (it was 7 years old - And Dallas' have a lifespan of 8) - They fobbed me off so i got rid of it. Couldn't be bothered to drag it off the board and copy it...

A nice little package from Pinball Heaven received on Friday. [emoji1] Even with just the balls replaced and Flipper rubbers, what a difference to game play it makes.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_ab68ab1c95d3caee590583d7dbb7bdd7.jpg

A nice little package from Pinball Heaven received on Friday. [emoji1] Even with just the balls replaced and Flipper rubbers, what a difference to game play it makes.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160111_ab68ab1c95d3caee590583d7dbb7bdd7.jpg
I wonder what that lot is going into! :rofl:

I know it's Apollo 13 :thumbs:

@cooldan nice one on the logic probe - be very careful when using it on ICs that you don't short the legs together - the tip on the probe is fine but its very easily done (by me :()

Dans post has motivated me to share my haul. A couple of standard Pinball fettling tools added to my kit and a pack of UNC6 hex bolts to fill all the missing holes securing my Vector power board.

WP_20160114_12_13_44_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom