What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

This turned up in the post today :D No more messing about with my crappy solder sucker :thumbs:

View attachment 13364

Great bit of kit, you will wonder how you survived without it for so long. Just make sure you clean out the solder chamber after use, I find it easier when it's still warm. I usually do it pretty much straight after switching it off as the chamber doesn't heat up as much as the tip so is easy to handle quickly

How much are we talking about for one of these DURATOOL babies? I do really do fancy one but suspect it may trigger an alert on the over-spending radar :eek:

Dunno precisely what model that is Peter, but i've seen similar ones (by Duratool) online for under £100.

Edit: Just found this one on eBay for £80 with free shipping. Something like that is definately on my list to pick up at some point.

Saw some cheaper yesterday - just cant find the site... will let you know later :D

Just under £90 from Farrell

I got mine in an offer a few years ago, was £65 I think. Loads on eBay as said above for less, search duratool d00672

£65 upwards seems the norm on there

Thanks everyone. Looks as though £67.50 inc. P&P is the lowest going rate on eBay. A bit too much to justify for a whimsical purchase but maybe a birthday present? Next month? :D

This finally arrived today:

http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Arduino_MP3_shield_board_with_TF_card

View attachment 13102

Based around the VS1053 - Ogg Vorbis / MP3 / AAC / WMA / FLAC / MIDI Audio Codec Chip, should be fun to play with. At first I'm thinking of using it to add background music. The Arduino could monitor the score, or various achievments in the game via lamps, or even the sound triggers, etc., and trigger playback of various background music, to keep the "energy" going in games. I most interested to do this in PARAGON as it has the most basic electronic chimes sound module. Could really do with some background effects and/or music.

It didn't come from China after all but the Netherlands. Quite why it took 2 weeks I don't know...

And there's more! I took a punt on 5 chips on eBay described simply as SONY MC6800 for £1.59 including postage. Sony never made these devices. They arrived this morning and they're genuine NOS Motorola MC6800P CPU chips still sealed in little bags! They're so old the anti-static foam is starting to crumble.

I won't jump to any conclusions about their working condition but looking closely at the pins they've never been fitted. These chips are pretty robust so fingers crossed will check out ok. If so, that's £25 worth of these for £1.59!

View attachment 13033

Ok, who bought all these causing my order to be cancelled and refunded before delivery ....

Ok, who bought all these causing my order to be cancelled and refunded before delivery ....
You'll be wanting to have a word with @lukewells and @Arv... you're not the only one who lucked-out and you probably got the same badly worded message as they did. Time for a class action I reckon.

Sorry fellas, looks like I was the only one who got a bargain this time :(

Bulls hit excuse of the month :-

We would like to inform you that, it has come to our attention that, the item you have ordered was being dispatched but unfortunately, it was damaged in the process. We could not send you the damaged item, therefore, we have been contacting the suppliers to get the items in as soon as possible in order to meet your need as we only had one left. Unfortunately, there is not available date available from the supplier as when we will get items. To resolve the matter, we would like to refund you the total amount.
We apologies for the inconvenience caused, as it was sudden for us and also, this matter can arise in a business environment, we hope you will understand

Regards

I got something too today, a little more modest: a book called PINBALL PORTFOLIO by Harry McKeown (1976). Spotted it on eBay for £4 after doing a search for "pinball" items based only in the UK (I'd never have known about it or found it otherwise). For some reason some most listed on eBay are very expensive, e.g., $75, $185 or $199!

1976 is an interesting cutoff as it heralds the dawn of Solid State games. History will argue who was first, prototype or production, etc., but this book is firmly in the EM era. A quick flick didn't reveal any SS games - even FIREBALL on the front-cover which was made as an SS game in late 1976 only features the EM version. Looks as though it's going t obe a great read about the origin and history of pinball up to the digital age.

farm9.staticflickr.com_8610_16016136333_45f75e7bf0_c.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com_8566_16610096426_77d6cb1285_c.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com_8654_16634611211_6c15ec1580_c.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com_8570_16013736864_f42b6b1d86_c.jpg

Ooh! Second pin excitement! It'll be three soon...

Is it NO GOOD GOFERS?

Sure is, now I own both of the machines from my local arcade. Couldn't have the filthy masses playing them!

Still has the Irish revenue license from 98/99 on the translite. Just a tiny bit out of date

Had a bunch of LED flashers for the lamps and 555s for the backbox of NGG arrive today along with a new pop bumper spring and armature link for the bottom one.

Also 2 sets of posts for holding the upper playfield in place arrived from Marcos today after ordering on Sunday night, first time I've used them and very impressed!

Nice one Ben...

Its a pin ive always fancied. don't see many coming up for sale either

Yeah I don't see it come up often, apparently it didnt do well at all when it came out so not huge production numbers for it.

Cant wait to get stuck into it now!

Picked this up this morning:

Might take it along to 8bit Flip instead of TX Sector.

i62.tinypic.com_ok0v89.jpg

Back
Top Bottom